Favorite Bible verses

James 2:19-20

Thou believest that there is one God; thou doest well: the devils also believe, and tremble.

But wilt thou know, O vain man, that faith without works is dead?

Exodus 6:3

And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them.

Joel 2:28-32

And afterward, I will pour out my Spirit on all people. Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your old men will dream dreams, your young men will see visions.

Even on my servants, both men and women, I will pour out my Spirit in those days. I will show wonders in the heavens and on the earth, blood and fire and billows of smoke.

The sun will be turned to darkness and the moon to blood before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the Lord.

And everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved; for on Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there will be deliverance, as the Lord has said, even among the survivors whom the Lord calls.

Romans 8.

The Book of Romans is incredible, but I remember reading and hearing a preaching on that first verse that shook me.
It was like I suddenly heard the gospel for the first time. I was convicted and remember praying to God that night realising that i'd missed it and not understood something so profound.

Look at the "now" in that first verse! How do you get a "now" for something so ancient? How could this be for me?!

There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

That whole chapter and the book of Romans will always be so meaningful for me personally. It's one of the books of the bible (there are many) you could study for a long time and continue to find meaning.

"For envy arising from lack of judgment obscures what is good, And a whirling of desire undermines an innocent heart."
-Wisdom of Solomon 4:12

"But those who wait on God shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not hunger."
-Isaiah 40:31

Its more than a verse quite a long passage, from the old testament, might be near the end of the book of Samuel dont remember the exact address, its where the people of God finally got all the materials and the skilled craftsmen to complete the building the temple of God and it was this amazing event when it was finally completes and they had a whole parade and celebration with trumpet blowing, cheering, singing, praying, joy etc etc, it was like the start of a golden age for the people of God, if I recall the presence of God came down like a cloud on the temple.

1 Corinthians 1:28 and the base things of the world and the despised God has chosen, the things that are not, so that He may abolish the things that are, 29so that no flesh may boast before God. 30But by His doing you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, and righteousness and sanctification, and redemption

Back