• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Favorite Bible verses

cheapchampion

Other Christian
Heritage
I didn't see a thread for this so figured I'd start one. I have so many, and I meditate on them a lot. Let's all attempt at not letting it become divisive, and instead be for our edifying and encouragement.

I'll start. A chaplain friend of mine gave me a birthday card two years ago during a particularly rough patch where I had backslidden. He wrote the verse Phillipians 1:6. It has since become one of my life verses. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

I recently read the second half of the book of Isaiah. Chapter 45 is one of my favorite chapters and verse 7 struck me as a verse I needed to memorize. It's full of power.

"I form the light and create the darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Last edited:
I recently read the second half of the book of Isaiah. Chapter 45 is one of my favorite chapters and verse 7 struck me as a verse I needed to memorize. It's full of power.

"I form the light and create the darkness, I make peace and create calamity; I, the LORD, do all these things."

Memorizing Bible verses is a really great thing to do as Christians, and the Holy Spirit definitely will press upon us when there's a certain verse that he wants us to remember or focus in on.

The Golden Chain. Romans 8:28 And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to His purpose. 29Because those whom He foreknew, He also predestined to become conformed to the image of His Son, so that He would be the firstborn among many brothers; 30and those whom He predestined, He also called; and those whom He called, He also justified; and those whom He justified, He also glorified.

Life is stressful and we need the strength and peace of The LORD to get through the day and be steadfast. I cling to the following verses.

"Seek the LORD and his strength, seek his face continually." - 1 Chronicles 16

"Mark the upright and behold the perfect man, for the end of that man is peace." - Psalm 37

"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you." - Isaiah 26

Last edited:
Ecclesiastes 1:9
That which has been is what will be, that which has been done is what will be done, for there is nothing new under the sun.

This was one of the first verses I came to recognize as an idiom that comes from The Bible. I had heard "there's nothing new under the sun" before, but I didn't know how many idioms come from The Bible until I started reading it more regularly.

Edit: I memorized it this way for fun one night, too: 已有的事必再有,作過的事必再作,太陽之下並無新事。

Hebrews 7:23 And the former priests, on the one hand, existed in greater numbers because they were prevented by death from continuing, 24but Jesus, on the other hand, because He continues forever, holds His priesthood permanently. 25Therefore He is able also to save forever those who draw near to God through Him, since He always lives to make intercession for them.

Hebrews 10:11 And every priest stands daily ministering and offering time after time the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins; 12but He, having offered one sacrifice for sins for all time, SAT DOWN AT THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD, 13waiting from that time UNTIL HIS ENEMIES ARE PUT AS A FOOTSTOOL FOR HIS FEET. 14For by one offering He has perfected for all time those who are being sanctified.

Matthew 7:15

Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves. By their fruit you will recognize them. Do people pick grapes from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? Likewise, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, and a bad tree cannot bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus, by their fruit you will recognize them.

430143883_363485103330762_7314125930305560270_n.jpg

From Matthew 6:

22 The light of thy body is thy eye. If thy eye be single, thy whole body shall be lightsome.

23 But if thy eye be evil thy whole body shall be darksome. If then the light that is in thee, be darkness: the darkness itself how great shall it be!

24 No man can serve two masters. For either he will hate the one, and love the other: or he will sustain the one, and despise the other. You cannot serve God and mammon.

25 Therefore I say to you, be not solicitous for your life, what you shall eat, nor for your body, what you shall put on. Is not the life more than the meat: and the body more than the raiment?

26 Behold the birds of the air, for they neither sow, nor do they reap, nor gather into barns: and your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are not you of much more value than they?

27 And which of you by taking thought, can add to his stature by one cubit?

28 And for raiment why are you solicitous? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they labour not, neither do they spin.

29 But I say to you, that not even Solomon in all his glory was arrayed as one of these.

30 And if the grass of the field, which is to day, and to morrow is cast into the oven, God doth so clothe: how much more you, O ye of little faith?

31 Be not solicitous therefore, saying, What shall we eat: or what shall we drink, or wherewith shall we be clothed?

32 For after all these things do the heathens seek. For your Father knoweth that you have need of all these things.

33 Seek ye therefore first the kingdom of God, and his justice, and all these things shall be added unto you.

34 Be not therefore solicitous for to morrow; for the morrow will be solicitous for itself. Sufficient for the day is the evil thereof.

Blessed are the poor in spirit,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
Blessed are those who mourn,
for they will be comforted.
Blessed are the meek,
for they will inherit the earth.
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness,
for they will be filled.
Blessed are the merciful,
for they will be shown mercy.
Blessed are the pure in heart,
for they will see God.
Blessed are the peacemakers,
for they will be called children of God.
Blessed are those who are persecuted because of righteousness,
for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are you when people insult you, persecute you and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of me. Rejoice and be glad, because great is your reward in heaven, for in the same way they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

----

The most beautiful poetry ever created in the history of mankind.

If then the light that is in thee, be darkness: the darkness itself how great shall it be!
I love this one, but a slightly changed translation, "If therefore the light that is in you is darkness, how great is that darkness!" (NKJ)

And I was going to post the verse that immediately preceded this, which is also Luke 12:34

"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." ☦️

Back