Cyberattacks or Likely Cyberattacks on American Infrastructure

Jumping into this thread, haven't read the posts yet, but just wanted to chime in with my thoughts on the Balitmore bridge attack.

I personally suspect it was due to DEI incompetence, but if it was a deliberate attack I wouldn't exactly be surprised. My question is, if it was a deliberate attack, why the Baltimore bridge? Baltimore is a joke of a city, and it's port is ranked #18 by total USD in trades. Why didn't they attack the port in Houston, which has nearly 10x in total trading?

When "they" attacked the World Trade Centers on 9/11, they were risking a lot, and went for broke by attacking one of the most economically relevant buildings in NYC (along with the pentagon) - makes sense. How much sense it would it have made if "they" had attacked some random corporate headquarters in Georgia instead of the Twin Towers? See my point? Just playing devil's advocate here.

I personally suspect it was due to DEI incompetence, but if it was a deliberate attack I wouldn't exactly be surprised. My question is, if it was a deliberate attack, why the Baltimore bridge? Baltimore is a joke of a city, and it's port is ranked #18 by total USD in trades. Why didn't they attack the port in Houston, which has nearly 10x in total trading?

To send a message. They start with a small port as a warning: "Imagine what we can do to the rest of your country if you stop sending money to Ukraine."

See the post directly above yours.

@Samseau, That Luongo article has my wheels spinning. I sure hope that isn't what happened. Lots of implications.

Men in the Russia-Ukraine threads have long observed it isn't a Russia-Ukraine war as much as a US-w. Europe war. The idea being to isolate w. Europe from Russia and secure their vassalage to America. Nordstream, sanctions, and the Ukrainian agitation have certainly had that effect. If w. European leaders are turning actively against the US...

I've got a hunch this thread will see plenty of action in the years to come. Cyberattacks against American infrastructure is probably the easiest way to bring America down at the moment. Much harder to stop than an army, and plenty of hostile actors around the world are constantly trying to infiltrate American systems.

I've got a hunch this thread will see plenty of action in the years to come. Cyberattacks against American infrastructure is probably the easiest way to bring America down at the moment. Much harder to stop than an army, and plenty of hostile actors around the world are constantly trying to infiltrate American systems.

Not only that, infrastructure trades, like most of the labor market today, is seeing staffing shortages and the "benefits" of diversity hiring. All while the boomers with decades of expertise are retiring.

Even if the budget and political will to fix these disaster sites is a given, our country is not equipped to recover from any sort of large scale attacks on our infrastructure.

China's industrialization is ever expanding. They have manpower and factories, and production lines in full motion. And they create the machines that factories use. USA does not have domestic production like this. And perhaps as critically, America also lacks the patriotic nationalism required to build like China does.

I personally suspect it was due to DEI incompetence, but if it was a deliberate attack I wouldn't exactly be surprised.
I'd like to believe that this was caused by gross negligence, which continues to mount up - it took the authorities almost a week to figure out that there's a gas pipeline below the wreckage. But a malware infection of the ship's navigation and power distribution systems can not be ruled out, and in some ways it even makes more sense than the official narrative.

My question is, if it was a deliberate attack, why the Baltimore bridge? Baltimore is a joke of a city, and it's port is ranked #18 by total USD in trades. Why didn't they attack the port in Houston, which has nearly 10x in total trading?
Personally, I think it could have been a "test run" and the port of Baltimore was chosen because it was a soft target. Imagine what would be the consequences if a similar attack happened in the San Diego Bay, if the Coronado bridge was to collapse the Pacific Fleet would be put out of action for quite some time.

Last edited:
Another cyber attack yesterday:

The ship nearly hit a major NYC bridge, but it was being guided by 3 tugboats that were able to restrain the ship long enough until 3 more tugboats came along.

The "losing power" is typical of a hack; first a trojan is installed into a system's firmware, then a reboot is needed to run the hack fully. Once rebooted, the hacker has complete control of a system.

Has anyone addressed why there was a large plume of exhaust/soot coming out of the smokestack just before the impact? Almost as if it was accelerating toward the bridge?

Wouldn't this conflict with the "we lost power" story? I'm not familiar with the mechanical workings of this vessel...
Some things don't really add up in the official narrative, but the engine itself could have still worked, and after the back up power kicked in (the lights went back for a while before shutting down again) they may have regained control over some systems, while the others (steering) were shut down/rebooting.

It is interesting to note that the cyber polygon and all the other cyber attack stuff that some have been predicting for years now (and I thought it might happen too) has been a real zero in terms of the classic doomsaying.

It is interesting to note that the cyber polygon and all the other cyber attack stuff that some have been predicting for years now (and I thought it might happen too) has been a real zero in terms of the classic doomsaying.
Looking back at the use of Stuxnet on the Iranian nuclear program I believe that the U.S. intelligence establishment has a massive edge in cyber warfare that is downplayed to the world at large. The U.S. invented the internet and plays a major role in its regulation. If there is ever a doomsday cyber attack it will be because it was allowed and serves the interests of the GloHos.

Last edited:
It's weird how you can't believe anything any more. I certainly must assume everything the FBI says is a lie. Maybe they are doing a proforma investigation. Maybe somebody is being made to play the patsy for something they weren't responsible for. Maybe the owners will be paid off behind the scenes to take the hit and say it was them, as a cover up. Maybe the ship really was at fault, but they're lying about something else.

The one thing we know is that they are lying one way or the other.

Last edited:
Good essay by Tom L :

The TL, DR version is that he believes someone in Europe cyberattacked America to send a message.

"If you ditch us with Ukraine, we'll make sure America pays!!"

Think of the Nord Stream bombing, but in reverse. Just like America did the Nord Stream bombing to prevent Germany from defecting, the Francis Key Scott bridge cyberattack was probably done by Britain or France to make sure America understands they cannot dump Ukraine onto their shoulders after making a huge mess of things.

And naturally, of course, each of these little countries have chew puppeteers with their own financial interests in mind.
I find it curious that Luongo has had this theory that the Fed and the US are trying to break ... Europe. I know he knows better about Central banking and its coordinated efforts, but I think he just guesses a lot at this point. The monetary accommodations coming soon are going to be even harder to predict.

I was talking to a retired merchant marine last night. He said when that ship was exiting the harbor, they would have had a guy watching at the bow, and as soon as he saw there was a problem, he could have given the word and they should have dropped both anchors. He said with both anchors, that ship would have stopped in plenty of time. They should have easily been able to avoid hitting the bridge.

Not necessarily a nefarious action, but seems like the best thread to post it: a barge hit a bridge in Galveston, Texas.

1715806527714.webp1715806541882.webp

A vessel, owned by Martin Petroleum, reportedly collided with the Sea Wolf Parkway Bridge.
The vessel was carrying a base petroleum product, and there are unconfirmed visual reports of vacuum gas oil from the barge in the water, leading to the closure of the Intracoastal Waterway from Mile Marker 350.5 to Mile Marker 357, a stretch of approximately 6.5 miles. The Coast Guard said it is actively investigating these reports. The barge has a capacity of 30,000 gallons, but the leaked amount remains undetermined.
(...)
Following the collision, power to Pelican Island, home to Texas A&M Galveston, was temporarily disrupted but has since been restored with secondary power. Both vehicle traffic across the Pelican Island Bridge and vessel traffic in the channel have been suspended pending further investigation.

Back