Cosmology Debate Thread ("Space Is Fake")

I really don't like what this place is turning into. We should have member polls on controversial topics that are clearly aimed at alienating a potential conservative (but sane) audience. My 2 cents FWIW...

Right. People who sign up just to post in this thread should not be allowed. Some kind of minimum number of posts should be required, like 50 or something like that.

Of course, but the 2 topics are obviously very linked.

They're linked but not the same. The Earth being spherical or flat and that Stanley Kubrick directed the moon landing can co-exist as much as any other "theory".

I don't mind the discussion but I understand why Roosh banned it on RvF.

All I personally know is.. pick up a telescope yourself instead of searching the "web".

Edit: I agree with @holgerdanske

Public service announcement: we have a very low tolerance for abrasive behavior and language from newly registered members. Be polite and respectful and observe the norms of the forum. If you're insulting established members on a fresh account you will be assumed to be a troll and will likely be banned very quickly.

Right. People who sign up just to post in this thread should not be allowed. Some kind of minimum number of posts should be required, like 50 or something like that.

Nah, nice try at a pivot. You’d like to spread your misinformation without a challenge? Is that what it is? Nope.

So mods you are fine with allowing these ridiculous concepts on this board and letting it become a laughing stock? Fine, this place will die fast or be used as ammunition by ill intentioned actors.

Dufresne, Paternos, GuitarVH, Cadeceus, and others were some of the same guys who spread every sort of nonsense on the previous forum and they are doing the same thing now. It doesn’t matter they were ‘senior’ members, they are trolls.

If you guys are so sure, put up money (if you have any) and have a public YouTube debate with a cosmologist or Aeronautical engineer. Put up or shut up. If you’re ideas are so correct, then get out of the shadows. You won’t because they are wrong and have been debunked.

Dufresne, Paternos, GuitarVH, Cadeceus, and others were some of the same guys who spread every sort of nonsense on the previous forum and they are doing the same thing now. It doesn’t matter they were ‘senior’ members, they are trolls.

bold-strategy.gif

Ahh I lost any respect for you, quite cowardly I might add! You beat around the bush posting papers referencing flat earth and even in a space is fake thread, then when faced with resistance you tuck your tail between your legs and run!

‘Oh no, I AM posting in the space is fake thread, but but but I never said the sun, moon, or stars don’t exist!’

I’d like you to look down and check that you actually have two spherical shaped objects between your legs, instead of a gash! My guess it’s the latter!
I'm not sure which is funnier, this thread, or the fact that you're wasting your time trolling this forum . Something besides "space is fake" is deeply bothering you about Christ Is King. Let me guess, you're either an atheist, muzzie, chew, or a woman.

This is one of the conspiracy theories that doesn't pass occam's razor. When the accepted narrative is more plausible and requires less of a jump of faith than the conspiracy, that's my line. Moon landings though? Possibly faked.

Do you think I care if I’m banned? Let me ask you do you have a job, finances, resources, or a network of people in real life? Or is your life totally online posting nonsense? Do you live with your parents?

Please point out one person who holds any type of mid to high level position in society while openly claiming space is fake.

Mods say they will allow these nonsense threads. Enjoy the descent into stupidity gentlemen.

Do you think I care if I’m banned? Let me ask you do you have a job, finances, resources, or a network of people in real life? Or is your life totally online posting nonsense? Do you live with your parents?

Please point out one person who holds any type of mid to high level position in society while openly claiming space is fake.

Mods say they will allow these nonsense threads. Enjoy the descent into stupidity gentlemen.
Reading your posts is like listening to women arguing. You're not wrong on this issue but the way you destroy the weaker brother is unchristian. I wish you would've approached this with more humility.

This is one of the conspiracy theories that doesn't pass occam's razor. When the accepted narrative is more plausible and requires less of a jump of faith than the conspiracy, that's my line. Moon landings though? Possibly faked.
I have been moving more from "possibly" to "probably" as of recent years.

Will comment on these 3 together -
That being said, I feel no need to ban discussion of this topic, because I take the view that sunlight is the best disinfectant, so to speak. This stuff is transparently nonsense and is easily exposed as such when openly debated, and I think we owe to it those who have been suckered in by this devious psy-op to at least attempt to help them correct their misguided thinking.
I really don't like what this place is turning into. We should have member polls on controversial topics that are clearly aimed at alienating a potential conservative (but sane) audience. My 2 cents FWIW...
So mods you are fine with allowing these ridiculous concepts on this board and letting it become a laughing stock? Fine, this place will die fast or be used as ammunition by ill intentioned actors.
By letting these threads sprout and run rampant the mods are compelling the more sane and scientific members to engage in arguments to defend the status quo. The people starting these threads are not going to run out of material, we've had "nukes are fake", "satellites are fake", "wars on television are fake", now it's "space is fake". They are not going to run out of topics which will divert the energy of this forum into tail-chasing activity.

Roosh was onto something by being so hard and extreme with suspensions and bannings - he was feared. Just like a policeman really ought to be feared. Just like a border control officer ought to be feared.

They are not invalid discussions but isn't there a more appropriate platform for them than here?
Why would they teach something with assumptions that most people hold not to be true? From what I could see on their website, there was no other course where they will learn different calculations that incorporate curvature and rotation.
This sort of simplifying assumption is common in the sciences. Don't get personally upset about all this.. You haven't seen this sort of thing no doubt. If something makes the maths very complicated but only makes less than 1% difference it is common to leave it out.

The simple equations which model a pendulum swinging can be assumed to be going along a straight line even if it is a slight curve if it swings only about 5° and has a long string. It is only worth turning to much more complicated mathematical models if the pendulum is swinging at a greater angle.

Regular Newtonian equations of motion are fine for most earthly velocities and you can neglect relativistic effects. There are however more complex equations for very fast moving objects.

Then in this case - I have not read into it but it is probably an assumption which is valid enough for aircraft not flying too high or fast, surely those 4 seater propeller ones would be covered. They don't want to overcomplicate their science which is valid for most every day aviation situations. A more comprehensive model is probably out there though, just not easy to find on the internet when you are not trained in the field.

While I don't think space is fake or gay or unreal or any of that nonesense.... Let me ask you why the hostility and need to be so arrogant in how you communicate?

If it bothers you so much that you're getting wrapped around making an ass of yourself as a new poster then you need new hobbies dude.

Just let it go or be gone.... My advice: (a. La. Mark Twain:)
Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference...

Do you think I care if I’m banned? Let me ask you do you have a job, finances, resources, or a network of people in real life?

The moderation around here has been generally light. You've been reported around ten times, not for the meat of your posts, but for the way you are talking to other posters. I've not taken action on the outstanding ones, because you can have good input in this thread by posting evidence of why space is real. Remember, there are

4cpjih.webp

Personally, I agree with what you are saying, but you are saying it it a way that casts other people as trash.

If your brother has an earnest belief that you know to be erroneous, you have a moral obligation to at least make the attempt to engage and correct him. Nothing is gained by sweeping his ignorance under the rug, or worse, calling him a fool and becoming angry about it.

No one is forced to read or participate in any given thread. I personally find this topic inane and bizarre, but that doesn't mean that I think discussion of it should be banned. That's quite the slippery slope, in my view, and I don't think it's my place to be telling grown men what sort of conspiracies they're allowed to entertain. If I know or believe them to be in error, all I can do is engage with them and try to sway them from their misguided thinking.

Personally.... this seems more of a case of "what are we really arguing here?" Is it that there is no such thing as the stars? The heavens ect?

Are we saying that there is no such thing as planets thousands of miles away?

I mean are to empirically disregard the fact that we see constellations every night?

It just seems to me that this argument, and maybe im not following it correctly, is so obviously assanine.

I mean at what point do we disregard things in front of our very eyes as totally obvious?

Like do we assume that WE are all living in a simulation/matrix? These are the sorts of weird rabbit holes this topic of space being fake makes me thing of? I mean is it all just the The Truman Show for some?

Back