Boxing & MMA

It's hard to explain, but this video inspired (soft) me to finally take kickboxing lessons a few years ago.

To your point (@Get2choppaaa) in the posts above:

We paired up with guys our similar size. I was around 200lbs, 6 ft, at the time. They put me with some very friendly pipefitter dude. We had huge gloves, shin pads, were told what was coming and what we would drill.

Even when you know there is a kick, and you are braced to block it, and the guy is going at 80% or so...

A man over 200lbs kicking you will shake your very soul. It rattles your body such that your ancestors feel it.
Last class before summer holidays did some muay thai sparring with the class instructor. He managed to punch me in my left eye in a way that it blurred and tunneled my vision for 15 days. My eye was finaly healing when my 7 year old punched in the exact same place while I was teaching him some moves. My eye got sore for another week.

One of the best MT fights I saw recently Roadtang vs Superlek (Superlek failed the weight but roadtang fought anyway). Roadtang elbow strikes are brutal. Superlek knee strikes are impressive. He faints with the left and strikes with right.

Last edited:
Very soon, not a single thread relating to the culture will be untouched by the JQ.

"Calling me a liar and a weasel is antisemitic"
"But you are being a liar and a weasel"
"You're not allowed to point that out though" *Scoff through his giant schnoz"

(((Ariel Helwani))) is (((Gad Saad's))) retarded nephew. He is a tabloid journalist pretending to be a serious MMA journalist.

Here's another one of Bas Rutten who's a very devout Christian now.

Had no idea this was a thing - great to hear this happened. I had no idea Bas is a Christian since he's from one of the most secular countries in the West and due to some of the stories I had heard about his behavior back in his fight days though I think I did hear something about how he at least had some sort of Christian upbringing as a child. I have a vague recollection from watching his MMA career DVD where he does commentary on all his MMA fights that he did mention something about how he was "giving praise to the man upstairs" before one of his fights in Pancrase. Will be listening to this now to get more details.

Comment summarizing the story from the video:

To those wondering what this is about, this is about middleweight/super middleweight champion Nigel Benn and his 1995 title belt defense against Gerald McClellan. McClellan moved up in weight to challenge WBC super middleweight champion Nigel Benn in London on February 25, 1995. The fight was watched by an estimated 17 million people on television and 10,300 paying spectators. In a savage bout, McClellan knocked Benn out of the ring in round one and scored another knockdown in round eight, but each time Benn was able to work his way back into the fight. Throughout the fight Gerald received several punches to the back of the head, known to be especially dangerous, without referee interference. Referee Alfred Azaro was also roundly criticized for his officiating mistakes, which included impeding the challenger's progress when McClellan was trying to finish off Benn in round 1. McClellan was noticeably blinking repeatedly early in round ten, during which, after receiving a single hard blow from Benn who seemed to throw his shoulder into McClellan's eye, he voluntarily went down, taking a knee again. McClellan took the mandatory eight count and the fight was resumed, but he did not throw another punch, and moments later he dropped to his knee for a second time and allowed Azaro to count him out. After the fight was over, McClellan immediately stood up and walked to his corner under his own power. He then sat down on the canvas and leaned against the ring apron, but while being attended to by ring physicians he slumped onto his back and lost consciousness. McClellan was subsequently strapped to a stretcher and rushed to the hospital. Aftermath :McClellan had emergency surgery to remove a blood clot from his brain. He spent eleven days in a coma and was found to have suffered extensive brain damage. He lost his eyesight, the ability to walk unassisted, and was reported as being 80 percent deaf. Sports Illustrated ran an article about the fight and its outcome one week after the fight. McClellan's family flew to London to be by his side, and he was later flown back to his home country. He has recently recovered some ability to walk with the assistance of a cane, but he has not recovered his eyesight. In addition to being blind, his short-term memory was also profoundly affected. His three sisters, particularly Lisa McClellan, are responsible for his care. In a 2011 documentary broadcast by ITV (which originally screened the fight live in the UK), Lisa stated that Gerald is in fact not deaf, but that he has trouble with comprehension when spoken to. Hope this helps clarify to those not familiar with the history of professional boxing.

Just finished that Bas Rutten video - was expecting him to talk about his personal testimony and experiences but wasn't expecting him to put forth some arguments for the existence of the soul, creation, etc. so that was a nice surprise.

Saw he had this video too about why he decided to stick with the Catholic church he was baptized inti and confirmed in as a kid. Funny thing he actually calls out feminists at 14:28. He also brings up a bunch of stats about the sort of social good the Catholic church has done through it's history in the areas of education, health, and such

Last edited:
I always get a bit sad when I see working class guys kicking each others heads in for money. On average not the brightest lights.
Not much different from all the other sportsball games.

Bas Rutten is nice though, interesting that he prays a rosary daily, how it calms him, while he is quite an ADHD person. Great to see the spirit at work in a person.

I like boxing training btw, sparring, great workout.

I love UFC but the Dagestani/Chechen Muslims have really been dominating. I have heard rumors that they do a lot of steroids and the authorities in Abu Dhabi do not test properly, but who knows. I was sad to see Volkanovski get dominated so thoroughly and quickly recently, even though he took the fight on almost no notice.

The fact is, these men think just like I was thinking a few years ago. They think that being a “tough guy” is manly, like having a huge car with huge wheels is manly. Drinking, doing drugs, talking about shooting people, dropping F-bombs everywhere, it’s all considered “manly stuff” while in fact it is the opposite. Again, I was the same. It’s how we are programmed online, by the TV, movies, our culture. But it’s the opposite, trust me.

A REAL man sacrifices himself for others. Praying right and learning about our faith and living right is HARD work. It is manly. The man who dedicates himself to his family, works hard, treats his wife like he treats himself (you are “one flesh”), who is there for his kids, THAT is a real man. Not a guy who plays video games all day, has no time for his family, doesn’t have a job, smokes weed all day, etc. because that guy is the loser.

Would like to see the UFC change their rules to encourage more activity and discourage stalling. The way it is now, a fighter can just grab a hold of their opponent and hold them down for basically the whole round without doing anything. The refs are super slow to intervene so we end up watching two dudes hug and play patty cake on the mat for 5 minutes.

Grappling should be a part of the sport but stalling shouldn't. Maybe allow for more strikes on the ground to make the "position battles" less boring to watch. This last card was hyped up big time but ended up being a huge dud, several fights where there was endless stalling and little to no action.

Back