April 8th, 2024 Solar Eclipse

These eclipse scenarios are typical fearmongering nothing-burgers. Debatable cosmological phenomena aside, bad things will happen every waking second and are only held back by the conscious and moral actions of God supremacists. The animal world is feral, and the heathen world is viler so. The antichrists may use divination, but that does not give them the legal authority over the mortal coil of those who are not initiated and do not make such spiritual bargains. Also I know people who were looking at this thing today and nothing happened to their eyes. It echoes the same sentiments of the past four years of nauseating droning repetition "too dangerous! stay inside! don't look at it! hide inside! wear a mask! get your booster!" there is no chance these vampires will miss at any kind of fearmongering, so never fall for any of it.

By the way, I heard this thing was heading up to the US northeast coast for some gibs:

01c803b034e1e2b4.jpg

So how was it (for our members who saw it)?
It was really incredible, totally worth seeing if you ever have a chance. That moment the land is plunged into darkness and there is a 360 degree sunset is so awesome, it really does make you marvel at God's great universe. I looked at it through some binoculars for a few seconds (gotta be careful when the sun comes out again) and also saw some vivid solar projections from the surface, very nice.

I heard those who took the interstates and certain main roads from my city dealt with nightmare traffic. Some people didn't even make it to the eclipse because they were gridlocked and turned around, or those who did make it didn't make it as far into the path of totality as they planned and a 4 hour round trip could take over 10 hours. Of course this was predictable, so I took the most remote backroads I could find and there was almost no traffic. There was a bit of a crowd at my destination, but it was worth it because I saw it on top of a bluff overlooking a river.

I almost forgot about it. I stepped out of the house and noticed that sunlight was dim. I was able to look at it with one of those blackout shades they use for it. Everything is pitch black and the sun is an orange ball. The moon is a smaller black ball that covers a portion of it. It is indeed very beautiful.

I'm very happy to have seen it. Just naked eye looked at it, fantastically clear and easily visible flares around the periphery. In a nearby field I heard cheering, i imagine there was a crowd of hundreds there to watch. The weird half-light before and after was familiar, having seen that phenomenon many years ago during a partial eclipse.

Amazing. Then again, I saw plenty of amazing natural phenomena on my run this morning (and every morning), but because they're there every day, people ignore them.

It was beautiful as others have described! I wasn't in the totality, but not too far away either, and it was cool to see how so many different shadows spread across the ground from trees and other objects. I filmed it with my phone since I didn't have any glasses and it still came out great. Looks like fire erupting from behind the moon.

My school district made the decision to cancel school back in September. Then our governor signed an Executive Order. We had a lot of posters warning of the dangers of staring into the sun. All of these were reminded me of 4 years ago when Covid “hit”. Fortunately, almost all of it was hype.

The sky was very clear despite all of the hours of heavy chemtrailing.

We were in totality for a few minutes. This was a fantastic experience. Leading up to the total eclipse, one of our dogs was staring directly at the sun and barking then looking at us and barking then looking back at the sun. The closer we got to the moment, all of the dogs in the neighborhood were barking. Then when it went dark, they were all silent. Even the birds were silent. At this point people were cheering and clapping. Yet the animals were silent.

All of my neighbors were all in their front lawns taking it all in. A lot of people threw last minute parties and were cooking out. We were all talking from house to house. We all came together with a common goal. It reminded me of what life in America used to be.

Last edited:
Not perfect weather, (thin cirrus clouds) so my composite photo isn’t going to be possible. Naked eye was much better but here is some raw before I edit. Much more prominent flares than 2017.
IMG_1186.jpeg836D47EE-3902-4CBD-8843-F63AAAA0543F.jpegIMG_1225.jpegIMG_1210.jpeg

The outer corona was more visible with binoculars, but the thin high clouds really fuzzed it out in the photos unfortunately.

As the umbral shadow approached, the wind blew about 20 mph, then dead calm during totality. The huge temp difference between 99% and 100% must create quite a pressure differential. Slight blue tint on the partials due to solar filter.
completely missed a diamond ring shot because I forgot to remove solar filter during the first few seconds, and I only committed to 1 minute of camera work so I could enjoy the other 3 just watching.

Last edited:
I'm very happy to have seen it. Just naked eye looked at it, fantastically clear and easily visible flares around the periphery. In a nearby field I heard cheering, i imagine there was a crowd of hundreds there to watch. The weird half-light before and after was familiar, having seen that phenomenon many years ago during a partial eclipse.

Amazing. Then again, I saw plenty of amazing natural phenomena on my run this morning (and every morning), but because they're there every day, people ignore them.
Yeah the spontaneous exclamations at the exact moment it happens is something rarely heard anywhere else! Very moving indeed!

Southern Spain looks good for 2028! If you go to Saudi Arabia it’s 6 minutes of totality. Might be one of the longest in hundreds of years, I’ve never heard of one so long.

Not perfect weather, (thin cirrus clouds) so my composite photo isn’t going to be possible. Naked eye was much better but here is some raw before I edit. Much more prominent flares than 2017.
View attachment 7238View attachment 7239View attachment 7240View attachment 7241

The outer corona was more visible with binoculars, but the thin high clouds really fuzzed it out in the photos unfortunately.

As the umbral shadow approached, the wind blew about 20 mph, then dead calm during totality. The huge temp difference between 99% and 100% must create quite a pressure differential. Slight blue tint on the partials due to solar filter.
completely missed a diamond ring shot because I forgot to remove solar filter during the first few seconds, and I only committed to 1 minute of camera work so I could enjoy the other 3 just watching.
Great photos! Imagine how huge those flares are!

Back