• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Vox Day

Hermetic Seal

Orthodox
Heritage
Surprised there isn’t a Vox Day thread on here yet.

I just found out yesterday that he revived his Game commentary at a Substack blog called Sigma Game. It’s a blend of very uncomfortable AI-generated images and talking points straight out of fifteen years ago, suggesting that no Alt/Dissident right figure seems to have grown less over time than Vox.

As in the past, there are bits of good advice mixed with endless self-aggrandizement and egotism. It’s remarkable how active the comments section is on this blog considering that Vox seems to have even more disdain for his audience than ever before.

I haven’t kept up with his main blog in ages so I’m not really sure what he’s up to otherwise, but here’s your discussion space.

I think there should be a separate Vox Popoli thread for discussion of the ideas and content posted there, and free from the usual griping over his personality. That can be confined to this thread.

No idea who this guy is but I see you guys talking about him sometimes, "vox dei".....as in voice of God right?

Finally decided to look him up and I and stopped reading here:

"and self-identified Native American descent"

His picture gives off sad basement dweller vibes, really looks like he enjoys hot pockets and video games.

Anything else important to know about him?

I never heard of him until someone here mentioned his book about Jordan Peterson.

Theodore Beale aka Vox Day has quite the background. In the 90s he was in a pop band that had some top 40 hits. He wrote syndicated columns in the 2000s and argued against Ben Shapiro before anyone knew who Ben was. With the rise of Trump he was associated with the Alt-right. Jesse Lee Peterson interviewed him after Trump's victory.

He also had a hand in the computer game industry.

I started to watch his YouTube channel. He's smart and well-spoken albeit a little nerdy. He loves to talk about the social sexual hierarchy and his publishing company. Sometimes listening to him helps me fall asleep.

Last edited:
Surprised there isn’t a Vox Day thread on here yet....

picard-meme-facepalm.jpg

Last edited:
Wait.....is this a different guy??

MV5BMTJhNmUyYTktZjE1MC00MWIxLTk4ZGItOGVhZjk3OWU1ZjU0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDY3OTcyOQ@@._V1_.jpg
Age tends to have that effect on muscular young guys with hair on top of their heads.

Edit: I see the point some are making that this is him now, so that's how he should be judged. He looks like a typical middle aged guy. He says he still plays soccer, and I think he still does some kind of martial arts training, so if that is true he should be reasonably fit. Clearly he looks softer now than when he was young, but I don't think he's that bad for his age.

As for his Native American heritage, I think that is tongue in cheek. He used to think he had some Asian blood, but he took a DNA test, and it said he has a small percentage of Native American. He ran with that and claimed anyone who criticizes him is a racist, but it was just mockery of the usual race card players.

He has had some success in his various endeavors, and he writes a lot of interesting things. On the other hand, he is arrogant and self absorbed to a somewhat annoying degree.

Overall, I think he has interesting posts on his blog, and that's good enough for me to want to read them.

Last edited:
Age tends to have that effect on muscular young guys with hair on top of their heads.

Edit: I see the point some are making that this is him now, so that's how he should be judged. He looks like a typical middle aged guy. He says he still plays soccer, and I think he still does some kind of martial arts training, so if that is true he should be reasonably fit. Clearly he looks softer now than when he was young, but I don't think he's that bad for his age.

As for his Native American heritage, I think that is tongue in cheek. He used to think he had some Asian blood, but he took a DNA test, and it said he has a small percentage of Native American. He ran with that and claimed anyone who criticizes him is a racist, but it was just mockery of the usual race card players.

He has had some success in his various endeavors, and he writes a lot of interesting things. On the other hand, he is arrogant and self absorbed to a somewhat annoying degree.

Overall, I think he has interesting posts on his blog, and that's good enough for me to want to read them.
Most of Vox's ideas are good, especially concerning ethnic nationalism vs. civic nationalism. I enjoy reading his blog but I imagine he'd be insufferable in person.

The post in question. He is serious about the Native American ancestry.
1718490136691.png

The post in question. He is serious about the Native American ancestry.
1718490136691.png
When I read that, it looks like tongue in cheek to me. He is being facetious about playing the race card with the SFWA, who he regularly mocks and criticizes for their wokeness.

Last edited:
When I read that, it looks like tongue in cheek to me. He is being facetious about playing the race card with the SFWA, who he regularly mocks and criticizes for their wokeness.
I only read the final paragraph in that way. For me, the stuff preceding it, is serious. There have also been occasions on his Darkstreams where he mentions his Native American ancestry, and the tone was serious.

I actually found Vox through his book The Irrational Atheist, which was a good takedown of New Atheist talking points in the mid-late 2000s. But I rarely see anybody talk about this one anymore.

I quite liked his fiction writing too, but it seems like his epic fantasy series is never going to get finished. Thanks to his earlier Castalia efforts I also discovered some great writers like John C Wright, so I’m grateful for that, but since Vox pivoted to comics publishing I lost interest.

Vox's latest ego trip is trumpeting his contributions to the history of PC gaming and game development because he was once briefly mentioned in a 1994 Computer Gaming World article about the hardware manufacturer he was working for at the time (a long-forgotten article stemming from an era in which PC magazines were content bloated to hundreds of pages and which he proudly and assiduously references thirty years later as proof of his great accomplishment).

The man's delusional and completely disproportionate sense of self-regard never fails to amuse.

I have no respect for this guy. He’s full delusion and didn’t he claim he’s some sort of martial art master with no proof? You’d be better spent reading the Bible than wasting time reading any of this guys material.

Back