• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Traditional Christmas Carols & Hymns

WoodArch4033

Orthodox
Heritage
“Mark my footsteps, good my page;
Tread thou in them boldly;
Thou shalt find the winter’s rage
Freeze thy blood less coldly.”

In his master’s steps he trod,
Where the snow lay dinted;
Heat was in the very sod
Which the Saint had printed.
Therefore, Christian men, be sure,
Wealth or rank possessing,
Ye who now will bless the poor,
Shall yourselves find blessing."

Been making an Orthodox Christmas playlist. These two touched me the most so far. Powerfully beautiful.

Arabic Antiochian Orthodox Christmas carol:

English lyrics as subtitles are shown in the video.

Romanian Orthodox nuns chant the hymn "From the Clear Blue Sky":

English lyrics are written in the song description.

Last edited:
The Christmas music playlist is always interesting at our house as it ends up being a mix of traditional carols, Celtic flute and harp, Appalachian bluegrass/country carols, rock (Trans Siberian Orchestra and similar) Latin songs, classical, and (((early-mid 20th century secular pop carols))). We try to keep it at least 75% religious songs but a few secular ones in moderation aren't bad, some are degenerate/overly commercial and should be avoided but most are just about enjoying the season and gathering with family which are good things even if Christ isn't directly honored.

Not strictly a Christmas song but obviously fits well in a Christmas playlist:

Lighthearted Latin religious carol for the kids....fair warning this will get stuck in your head for weeks (it randomly pops back in my head in summer when I haven't heard it in months):

Back