• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The personality types thread

I could not understand the neuroticism category at all. It's amazing to me that people even admit that :D
You might be surprised how common it is to have this quality. Maybe my perspective is skewed by being an artist/musician, but that crowd especially is so full of it that we just get inured.

No matter how badass we might look with our long hair, leather jackets, tattoos, etc.... most rock stars are just a bunch of neurotic dweebs at heart 😉

You might be surprised how common it is to have this quality. Maybe my perspective is skewed by being an artist/musician, but that crowd especially is so full of it that we just get inured.

No matter how badass we might look with our long hair, leather jackets, tattoos, etc.... most rock stars are just a bunch of neurotic dweebs at heart 😉
At least the people are honest. Are they anxious people? I've come to realize that's the group of excessive tattoos.

Are they anxious people?
well, I'm honest about it, at least(ha). Yes, generally speaking that's pretty common, too. Neuroticism and creativity seem to be highly correlated. It takes a different mentality to combine things in a way that most wouldn't think of.

Creativity and resourcefulness also seem to be correlated. In a way, creativity is like resourcefulness taken to an exponential degree.

Perhaps if someone can bridge the need for emotional expression that lends to an artist's capacity with a sharp mind and ability to take care of themselves you can end up with a really amazing achievement, like Dr. Frank Netter and his ability to draw all the anatomy stuff so realistically by hand.

There are some personality attributes that I’m not sure fit into MBTI. Like a persons ability to “read the room” or skills at “influencing and persuading others”. Probably the 2 skills that determine financial and leadership success /failure more than general IQ. These are more in line with Emotional/social IQ and it’s hard to tell if these are genetic inherited skills or skills learned in youth from watching their father/mother. Do these attributes correlate to specific MBTI types or no correlations?

I'm surprised you are saying this, and think it's your bias but perhaps the bias is mine - I'd expect them to be extroverted more, to be honest, but there could be a high number of us around here that are I, as long as they are on the judgment side.
INTJ / INTF types are VERY prevalent in debate societies, nerds, philosophy clubs, libertarians, etc.
I would expect the good majority of us are in this category.

The introvert / extrovert thing is often misunderstood.
Some people believe introvert = "shy" and extrovert = "fun"

It has nothing to do with that, and you cannot tell whether someone is an introvert or extrovert by talking to them.
Introverts are *introspective* ie thoughtful, and are most relaxed when they are in a quiet place, or at home.
Extroverts are the opposite, and are energized by large crowds and noise.

I would say the very fact that we are online, alone, typing to strangers on an internet forum, makes us more likely to be introverts than extroverts.

The best way of telling which you are, is how do you prefer to *relax* after a long week at work?
Do you want to go to a noisy bar or club, or do you prefer spending an evening at home?
(Personally I hate going out on Fridays--I stay in and relax. Saturdays I might be out doing social things all day long, and hitting a bar or brewery at night). ==> Introvert.

You can be a very outgoing introvert (that's what I am) or a very shy extrovert (I dated a girl like this and it was horrible for her because she was socially awkward but she craved social events).

@Samseau I've never heard of someone being neutral on the E/I part, but I imagine you can either take or leave large crowds, it just doesn't matter much to you.

Anyway, I think this stuff is interesting. It's been a few years since I've tested and I wonder if I've changed any. My world outlook is far different today than it was a few years ago.

Back