The Coming Confiscation of Financial Assets

In terms of pure wealth protection and a system that's truly outside the status quo of globalhomo, the only thing I see is Monero as explained here:

Of course, cryptocurrencies can't solve the private property ownership problem with our houses and vehicles. Our only hope is anonymous shell companies and offshore trusts.

I like Monero a lot except it is under attack in the UK as the money laudering drug dealing islamo terrorists preferred privacy crypto subject to seizure...

and;

The United Kingdom has recently granted enhanced powers to its law enforcement agencies, including the National Crime Agency (NCA) and the police, to combat illicit activities involving cryptoassets. These new powers, which came into effect on April 26, 2024, aim to address the growing use of cryptoassets by organized criminals for money laundering and other illegal purposes12.

Here are the key changes brought about by these enhanced powers:

1. Seizure without Arrest:
    • Previously, police were required to make an arrest before seizing cryptoassets from a suspect. However, under the new rules, they can now directly seize cryptoassets known to be criminally obtained, even if the suspect’s identity is protected or if they are based overseas.
  2. Seizing Information-Related Items:
    • Law enforcement can now seize items that could provide information to aid investigations. This includes written passwords or memory sticks.
  3. Controlled Electronic Wallets:
    • Officers have the authority to transfer illicit cryptoassets into an electronic wallet controlled by law enforcement. This prevents criminals from accessing those assets.
  4. Destruction of Crypto Assets:
    • If returning a crypto asset to circulation is not in the public interest, UK law enforcement can destroy it. This provision applies to privacy coins, which offer high anonymity and are often used for money laundering.
  5. Victims’ Rights:
    • Victims can apply for the release of money from their cryptoassets accounts.
These reforms strike a balance between curbing criminal misuse of cryptoassets and supporting the legitimate growth of the crypto industry. By empowering law enforcement agencies, the UK aims to prevent criminals from benefiting from illegal activities while enhancing national security3.

Security Minister Tom Tugendhat aptly summarized the impact of these measures: “These reforms are bad news for criminals; they send a clear message that we will never let crime pay” 3. The fight against illicit crypto transactions has entered a new phase, bolstered by these powerful tools to strip criminals of their ill-gotten gains.

Roger Ver was arrested for tax-fraud. He did not declared all the bitcoins he had before renouncing his US citizenship.
I saw that he was arrested. Was he not out of the US already? sheesh - edit - I see the Spanish got him for Uncle Sammy - as he passed through. D'oh

I don't get people who don't declare properly and just exit, however sucky it may be, when they could have 10s of millions either way. It's amazing to me. Other people work for decades to get even 2 million of FIRE money, which is nothing to laugh at, and this guy can't be happy with a scenario of early BTC adoption falling into his lap, and just moving on with life. Sad stuff.

I like Monero a lot except it is under attack in the UK as the money laudering drug dealing islamo terrorists preferred privacy crypto subject to seizure...

and;

The United Kingdom has recently granted enhanced powers to its law enforcement agencies, including the National Crime Agency (NCA) and the police, to combat illicit activities involving cryptoassets. These new powers, which came into effect on April 26, 2024, aim to address the growing use of cryptoassets by organized criminals for money laundering and other illegal purposes12.

Here are the key changes brought about by these enhanced powers:

1. Seizure without Arrest:
    • Previously, police were required to make an arrest before seizing cryptoassets from a suspect. However, under the new rules, they can now directly seize cryptoassets known to be criminally obtained, even if the suspect’s identity is protected or if they are based overseas.
  2. Seizing Information-Related Items:
    • Law enforcement can now seize items that could provide information to aid investigations. This includes written passwords or memory sticks.
  3. Controlled Electronic Wallets:
    • Officers have the authority to transfer illicit cryptoassets into an electronic wallet controlled by law enforcement. This prevents criminals from accessing those assets.
  4. Destruction of Crypto Assets:
    • If returning a crypto asset to circulation is not in the public interest, UK law enforcement can destroy it. This provision applies to privacy coins, which offer high anonymity and are often used for money laundering.
  5. Victims’ Rights:
    • Victims can apply for the release of money from their cryptoassets accounts.
These reforms strike a balance between curbing criminal misuse of cryptoassets and supporting the legitimate growth of the crypto industry. By empowering law enforcement agencies, the UK aims to prevent criminals from benefiting from illegal activities while enhancing national security3.

Security Minister Tom Tugendhat aptly summarized the impact of these measures: “These reforms are bad news for criminals; they send a clear message that we will never let crime pay” 3. The fight against illicit crypto transactions has entered a new phase, bolstered by these powerful tools to strip criminals of their ill-gotten gains.
Yeah, that's a cypherpunk dystopia right there. I'd definitely leave UK if I were you. On the Monero confiscation, there's plenty of ways to hide your keys without ever exposing your knowledge of said crypto. Main thing is to just keep your mouth shut before they get suspicious. The only problem with Monero is trying to get it as a tech-illiterate normie. Those who are tech literate can mine it or host a node. Won't be "profitable," but at least you get something.

I saw that he was arrested. Was he not out of the US already? sheesh - edit - I see the Spanish got him for Uncle Sammy - as he passed through. D'oh

I don't get people who don't declare properly and just exit, however sucky it may be, when they could have 10s of millions either way. It's amazing to me. Other people work for decades to get even 2 million of FIRE money, which is nothing to laugh at, and this guy can't be happy with a scenario of early BTC adoption falling into his lap, and just moving on with life. Sad stuff.
They could have probably gotten him on a number of technicalities.
Kim Dotcom posted a long note on X yesterday about him (they appear to be friends in NZ). Kim claims Ver departed the US with his bitcoin when it was still of very low value and subject to high relative volatility - meaning they could've been worth millions USD on day 1 and a few thousand USD the next day. Now that the unit value is much higher, they can adjust the basis of the crime up to current prices - exaggerating the "fraud."

No matter how you cut it, the USG is intent on getting your crypto. They have proven the will and ability to issue warrants for and seize crypto many times by now. Personal physical wallets are a must for crypto holders.

I may be against the grain on these boards, but if governments actually balanced budgets, I wouldn't mind paying 20-25% tax.

Of course it isn't just income, it's:
- Federal income Tax
- State income tax
- FICA Taxes
- Employer-side FICA/Payroll taxes
- Property Tax
- Sales Tax
- Capital Gains Tax
- Not to mention taxes on gas, vehicles...etc.

The terrifying problem is that the US Gov't represents 38% of GDP which isn't the highest amongst developed countries(France is over 50%), we are spending ourselves into oblivion. The Gov't doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem.

Massive debt forces money printing, creating inflation. At least, that's how I see it.

Now we have Kamala Harris proposing taxing unrealized capital gains for those with $100 million or more. I'm not particularly sad for people with $100M having to pay more -- but once this happens, let's imagine the next democrat president adjusts it to $20-50 million and says "this is reasonable, these people are still downright rich".

Add in another decade of money printing/asset inflation, and now we are taxing the upper middle class on unrealized gains.

if governments actually balanced budgets, I wouldn't mind paying 20-25% tax.
I'd be happy to pay a 50% flat tax to live in a 1970s-style Switzerland with natural beauty at every vista, zero crime, world class affordable medicine and housing, clean food/air/water, feminine women with no thigh tats, and where everyone was white (or at least "acted" white by assimilating into the dominant culture).

the government cant just shut it down at will and take it like they do with a bank account.
This is magical thinking. There is technology out there that is 20 years more advanced and four steps ahead of anything any bitcoiner could imagine. Who do you think is in posession of this technology?

The only thing that the government (i.e. elite billionaire talmudic jews) can't easily "confiscate" is your land deep in the wilderness of America. And sure, they can come for that too, but first they have to find it, and secondly they have to take it from you using deadly force.

Invest in real world functional assets that you have at least a modicum of control over (land, trucks, tractors, generators, tools, wood, appliances, etc.). Bitcoin is gambling, and in the world of gambling, The House always wins.

I'd be happy to pay a 50% flat tax to live in a 1970s-style Switzerland with natural beauty at every vista, zero crime, world class affordable medicine and housing, clean food/air/water, feminine women with no thigh tats, and where everyone was white (or at least "acted" white by assimilating into the dominant culture).
Yes, but you'd still be in the EU (or whim of it, surrounded by it) not knowing what would happen in the next decade, or what was in your kids future. You could say, well, they can figure that out, but how's that working for all the pensioners and those living on the laurels and fat that is now imploding as their "leaders" import more 3rd worlders?

The only thing that the government (i.e. elite billionaire talmudic jews) can't easily "confiscate" is your land deep in the wilderness of America. And sure, they can come for that too, but first they have to find it, and secondly they have to take it from you using deadly force.
They don't need to physically take land by force. They can just impose punitive land taxes until it gets to the point where you cannot afford the land and you sell it to a Blackrock influenced entity on the cheap.

"Coin clipping and the debasement of money​

The infamous debasement only began shortly after the Republic became Empire, and control of money passed from the Senate to the Emperor. It lasted several hundred years.

By the first century AD, taxation and tribute only covered around 80% of the imperial budget. The shortfall was met by mining and the loot of newly conquered nations. But the empire was no longer expanding at the same rate, so this was becoming an increasingly risky strategy. Shortfalls, especially under extravagant emperors, became increasingly common. The solution to excess spending, as today, was not to rein it in, but to debase the currency. In AD64 Nero reduced both the amount of silver in a denarius (to 3.5grams) as well as the purity of the metal itself (to 93.5%).

A few decades later, under Trajan, the Roman Empire reached its greatest extent. From then on, it receded. That meant the supply of loot from newly conquered territories also receded.

By lowering the amount of silver in its coins, Rome could produce more coins and "stretch" its budget. Successive emperors followed Nero’s strategy. As with boiling frogs and the debasement of currency today, the process was gradual. 100 years after Nero, around 150AD, the purity of silver had been reduced to 83%. By 250AD the silver purity was 50%.

But then the debasement accelerated. By 275AD it was just 5%. As time progressed, the sleight of hand was exposed. By the time of Diocletian, who was emperor from 284 to 305AD, there was so little precious metal in the money, the emperor had to resort to price controls. It was under Diocletian that the last denarii were minted.

The most important gold coin of Ancient Rome was the aureus, similar in size to the denarius, but containing roughly twice the weight of precious metal (gold is denser than silver). It would be a bit heavier than a 2p today. An aureus was 25 denarii, so the gold-silver ratio would have been about 1:12, the historical norm.

Nero reduced the gold content to 7.3g (coincidentally perhaps the same weight as the sovereign of the British Empire). By 210AD the gold content had fallen to 6.3g. However, unlike the silver denarius, the aureus kept its near-100%, 24-karat purity.

By the fourth century, the idea of obtaining an aureus for 25 denarii was long gone. In 301, one gold aureus was worth 833 denarii; barely a decade later, the same aureus was worth 4,350 denarii.

In 337, Constantine, who had re-located the heart of the Empire to Constantinople, replaced the aureus with the solidus - about 4.5 grams of 24 karat gold. Initially, one solidus was worth 275,000 denarii, but by 356, one solidus was worth 4,600,000 denarii. Talk about inflation.

(That last stat is from Wikipedia and it sounds dubious).

However, in a breathtaking show of hypocrisy that even leaders today would struggle to pull off, the Roman authorities, despite the declining quality of the metal content of their denarius, refused to accept anything other than gold and silver in payment of taxes. Take in the good money, send out the bad.

Of course, one key reason for the relentless debasement was a bloated Roman state that was incapable of living within its means. But another reason must be lack of raw material. As central Italy had little supply, the metal had to be obtained elsewhere and most of it came in the form of war booty and the subsequent tributes and taxes levied. No wonder Rome was constantly at war. That was its business model. But the expense of continual wars, without the corresponding payback of loot from the newly conquered, made the model unsustainable. The expansion ceased, but the spending didn’t."

Mr Satoshi has an account and its all public, yet we dont know what he looks like, whats his real name and he hasnt been blocked, all his funds are still there.
What a perfect financial storm of "coincidences." Mr. Satoshi is no doubt a jew or owned by jews. We're talking money here.
I bet the CIA started BTC too, amirite?
Most likely... jews in a round about way (or maybe even directly) "produced" bitcoin. And billionaire jews run the government and hence the CIA and FBI. So yes, 1+1=2.
They don't need to physically take land by force. They can just impose punitive land taxes until it gets to the point where you cannot afford the land and you sell it to a Blackrock influenced entity on the cheap.
My land is in an unincorporated county and the taxes are less than 1K a year for 40 acres. My land borders 800,000 acres of wilderness which by default are "mine." You are living in a fantasy land if you think anybody is coming out there to "confiscate" and "occupy" this land in our lifetime for failure to pay some imaginary "punitive land tax." You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and are living in a tremendous amount of irrational fear that has no basis in reality.

If we're talking about BTC, we should move it over to that thread.

This is for the David Rogers Webb idea or confiscation of assets otherwise.

What a perfect financial storm of "coincidences." Mr. Satoshi is no doubt a jew or owned by jews. We're talking money here.

Most likely... jews in a round about way (or maybe even directly) "produced" bitcoin. And billionaire jews run the government and hence the CIA and FBI. So yes, We 1+1=2.

My land is in an unincorporated county and the taxes are less than 1K a year for 40 acres. My land borders 800,000 acres of wilderness which by default are "mine." You are living in a fantasy land if you think anybody is coming out there to "confiscate" and "occupy" this land in our lifetime for failure to pay some imaginary "punitive land tax." You clearly have no idea what you are talking about and are living in a tremendous amount of irrational fear that has no basis in reality.
We dont know who created bitcoin but we kind of understand how the bitcoin system works and its a good system, we do know for sure that the bankers of fiat currency are jews so if you worried about the jews then get off their fiat money, banks and governments can also confiscate your money thats in their accounts, bitcoin they cant, so its a no brainer, nice piece of land you own by the way I envy you!

Do you think some confiscation will occur, scorpion? Or will it just be via increased taxes across the board as they continue to spend and print?

Back