• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The Cashless Society & CBDCs

Curious to hear people's thoughts on the timeline they would try to roll this out (other than in China but we expected that). My guess is it will start in the EU due to a manufactured crisis at some point.

Their biggest roadblock is that huge swaths of the third world and poor areas of the developed world use exclusively cash and that's unlikely to change any time soon. I think similar to COVID there will be enough resistance in the US once enough people realize what's going on to prevent wholesale implementation, and we've already seen congressmen speak up against it at the state and federal level.

One question I have - banks? Banks operate independent of the government. Wouldn’t big banks want currency to be anonymous and independent of the government so they can get more profits? I don’t mean your Black Rocks and Fed. But what about your big but regional bank? Guarantee you operations similar to SVB don’t want more government oversight.

One question I have - banks? Banks operate independent of the government. Wouldn’t big banks want currency to be anonymous and independent of the government so they can get more profits? I don’t mean your Black Rocks and Fed. But what about your big but regional bank? Guarantee you operations similar to SVB don’t want more government oversight.
This kind of thing is controlled by people who have influence, as you expect they might, on regional "Board Members."

An article from yesterday's Daily Express, regarding the decline of cash usage in Sweden, where transactions are now outnumbered 12/1 by card purchases - the fightback is being led by a former head of Interpol. Amazingly, shops are legally allowed to refuse cash:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/1836905/uk-sweden-cashless-society-bjorn-Eriksson

An earlier, more detailed article:

Talk from the guy who might introduce digital currency in Argentina... (There's no official statement that this will happen at this point)

image5htffh.jpg

Barclays customers in Hove will have to do their in-person banking from a van in a local graveyard as the bank closes its last branch in the area next week.

The bank is making an effort to maintain face-to-face banking services in Hove following the closure of its Church Road branch, which is scheduled for December 8, with customers able to speak to bank staff once a week in its visiting “Barclays van”.

The van is temporarily being stationed in a graveyard close to the soon-to-be-closed branch, as the bank has been unable to find anywhere else to park the vehicle for free.

The bank has been given permission from the vicar of St Andrew’s Dan Henderson to station its van in the graveyard every Monday from 10am to 3pm.

Barclays has shut more than 1,000 branches since 2015, replacing them with mobile or remote branches in different locations.

"...Denmark, where cash is seldom used, is set to withdraw it's 1,000 crown (approximately €134) notes, its largest denomination, from circulation by May 2025.

With the evolution of Danes' payment habits, the 1,000 crown note is no longer necessary, Christian Kettel Thomsen, the director of Nationalbanken, said on Thursday..."

In the Scandinavian country, just 10% of payments in stores are made in cash - that’s already half as much as in 2017.

A Danish 1000 kroner (crown) banknote - now out of circulation - featuring a red squirrel

Last edited:
It's frankly surprising but the Bank of Canada commissioned a big study about 6 months back about a people's thoughts on a CBDC, and amazingly 86% had serious concerns about it or straight up did not want it.

Some of the comments were straight up what you'd expect to read here:

“Digital dollars will be tracked by all banks, all federal agencies and the [government]. They will be programmed to control what people buy, how much accessed at a single time, carbon footprint, political party affiliations, religion, and every other possible aspect of your personal life,”

“A digital dollar sounded great until we saw the Federal government freeze private bank accounts of its own citizens for supporting a political movement it disagreed with. I have no faith at all in the system anymore,”

Maybe people are slowly starting to wake up? Given what happened with covid and the trucker protest, I would have expected "well if they say it's better for us, it probably is so we should fully support it, and them any way we can", so it's a refreshing relief to see the change.

Maybe people are slowly starting to wake up? Given what happened with covid and the trucker protest, I would have expected "well if they say it's better for us, it probably is so we should fully support it, and them any way we can", so it's a refreshing relief to see the change.
They are, but we'll see what they are made of when their "entitlements" or nearly all of their assets/cash held at said financial institutions is suddenly at stake.

One question I have for all this is what about the areas they've let turn into festering cesspools of crime? I used to cashier in such a place and so many transactions were straight cash. Large or small. Makes sense when you consider how many drug dealers and prostitutes there were in that area.

One question I have for all this is what about the areas they've let turn into festering cesspools of crime? I used to cashier in such a place and so many transactions were straight cash. Large or small. Makes sense when you consider how many drug dealers and prostitutes there were in that area.
They will get sued for racial and ethnic discrimination.
It will be an uphill battle in America.
Will go much easier in other countries, the irony.

Kinda weird, but I was watching A mainstream nation morning news segment this week and they talked about how many businesses are offering discounts for paying in cash vs credit and the show (was eithe GMA or Today), was actually promoting the use of cash. Seemed really contrary to the global agenda considering the Legacy media networks are usually completely controlled.

Back