Tattoos

scary_robot_music

Other Christian
Heirloom
The blog post by Vox Day I linked below made me think it would be a good idea to have a thread to discuss tattoos. He does probably the best job I've ever seen of summarizing the significance of tattoos and the various reasons why people get them.

I'm in my fifties now and given that it seems like most Americans younger than me have at least a few at this point, I realize that some of you guys have them. It is what it is. I'm not sure how prevalent they are in other countries. I went back to my wife's country in Latin America last year to visit and they seemed fairly mainstream there too, whereas up to ten years or so ago it was just assumed that only gangsters had them, to the point that the cops would often just arrest a guy with tattoos on sight on the assumption that he was some sort of criminal.

Back in the 1980s when I was in high school in the US having any tattoos at all was unusual, even one small one. Full sleeves or having a large percentage of your body covered in them was a rarity and considered very extreme, probably only something someone in a biker gang or some kind of sailor or someone like that would do. Tattoos on the neck or face were unheard of and would have been universally considered a sign of mental illness. The prevalence of tattoos nowadays and the way they're considered completely normal and even mundane is one of those strange night-and-day changes I've witnessed in the course of my own lifetime, in some ways similar to how the US went from being a white, Anglo-Saxon country in my youth to the multicultural, atomized Tower of Babel it is now.

Anyway, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on tattoos.

''There are more than 200 colorants and additives used to produce tattoo inks. Most standard tattoo ink colors are derived from heavy metals, including antimony, beryllium, lead, cobalt-nickel, chromium, and arsenic. Other additives include surfactants, binding agents, fillers, and preservatives''

I'm mainly curious about the potential long term health effects

Last edited:
Tattoos have taken the same path so many other things have taken in our satanic rootless culture.

At first, they were for outliers to identify themselves. Wayward men, with no desire to become part of society and instead choose to remain on the rough edges of it. Pirates, low class workers, criminals, etc. Then after war, men would use it to bond after extreme events of survival. A homage to each other, and it was often small, hidden, and with great meaning.

Then in the 1990's it became the "bad boys" with their barbed wire tattoos around the bicep and to show how tough they were. These grew in size and display, but usually only for the toughest of men who often would not expect to have to hide them in the office. Football players, construction workers, etc. Men with 20" biceps.

Then women, being women, followed the trend thinking if they had a tattoo, it would attract the men with tattoos. Of course this isn't the case, men are attracted to women, not bad decisions. The tramp stamp, followed by more work, making women less desirable.

Then more men started to get tattoos, because everyone else had them. The beta follower mindset men started to get them. Goofy ones, that had little to no meaning, as their lives were empty for the most part. Then more women started to get them and started to call them "body art". I liken it to the phrase "it would be like putting a Wal-Mart in the middle of Yellowstone Park.

Now the biggest dorks and ugliest of women are getting covered in them. To the point not having tattoos is the new counter-culture movement. I guess women figure if they are going to be fat and ugly, then turning their face into a tackle box and their skin into a cartoon section, is the best way to get a man. It is always funny to see some fat computer nerd guy covered in star trek tattoos. Or the fat woman, with no self-control or desirable traits turning their body into the funnies section of the newspaper.

''There are more than 200 colorants and additives used to produce tattoo inks. Most standard tattoo ink colors are derived from heavy metals, including antimony, beryllium, lead, cobalt-nickel, chromium, and arsenic. Other additives include surfactants, binding agents, fillers, and preservatives''

The poisons from tattoo ink don't just poison the blood of the person with the tattoo(s) but also the unborn child if it's a pregnant female.
And it isn't a "one time" poisoning ether....you will continue to absorb that ink poison as long as you have the tattoo on your skin.

Last edited:
Tattoos on women are especially bad. To me, a woman covered in tattoos is comparable to a gas station bathroom, both in sanitation and appearance.
In the Vox Day blog post I linked he made the great point that while yes, women with tattoos or short hair can be pretty, they are attractive in spite of those things, not because of them.

I saw in some article referencing a journal that women in college are almost twice as likely to have a tattoo. Also in a pew study, women aged 18-29 have a tattoo 56% of the time. It’s 41% across both genders at that age range. So men probably are iike 30/35%.

Not sure why this may be, but I do find women openly displaying tattoos off-putting.

Don't forget formaldehyde.

This goofy greaseball used to be on jewTube doing carnivore diet videos, until enough people called him gay or something and he left, but he does have some good info:

"Tattoos"

"The carrier is the fluid that transports the colorant to the tattoo area, typically containing iso-propyl alcohol, and other laboratory processed crap made from corn. Organic pigments come from natural sources, while inorganic pigments come from paint, printing ink, and plastic are much worse."

Most of the recent inorganic compounds come from coal tar, giving them brighter shine.

People who willingly put these things on their skin after knowing have no excuse, it's purely for vanity and I personally believe St. Peter will ask you why you put it on your skin after you expire. Any one of the below after Leviticus can be used as a reference for many reasons not to desecrate the temple where your soul dwells:

Leviticus 19:28 - You shall not make any cuts on your body for the dead nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.

1 Corinthians 6:19 - 20 Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body.

1 Corinthians 10:31 - So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.

Deuteronomy 14:1 - “You are the sons of the Lord your God. You shall not cut yourselves or make any baldness on your foreheads for the dead.

Ephesians 5:10 - And try to discern what is pleasing to the Lord.

1 Corinthians 10:23 - “All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

Romans 1:24 - Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves,

Wanted to briefly chime in here - I also fell into this trap in my early 20s thinking I was being an individual by getting multiple tattoos only to regret them and now being in the process of removing them. It's both expensive (often 10x the cost of actually getting the tattoo itself) and extremely lengthy requiring over 1 year of painful monthly sessions for complete removal.

Wanted to briefly chime in here - I also fell into this trap in my early 20s thinking I was being an individual by getting multiple tattoos only to regret them and now being in the process of removing them. It's both expensive (often 10x the cost of actually getting the tattoo itself) and extremely lengthy requiring over 1 year of painful monthly sessions for complete removal.
God forgives all who repent. The physical pain of purification is worth endlessly accompanying the Lord in the beyond.

Some interesting stats in this article: 32% of Americans have at least 1 tattoo, they are more common on women than men, and people with tattoos have a 21% higher risk of developing lymphoma.

There's nothing I could imagine wanting to have permanently etched onto my skin. This certainly bolsters my resolve.
That's interesting, that more women have them although I suppose I'd have guessed that.

Sometimes as a thought experiment I ask myself what I'd get for a tattoo if, for some reason, I absolutely had to get one. I've never been able to come up with anything that ultimately doesn't seem kind of stupid. I mean that in the sense that although it might be a cool looking image or good quote or something, I would still feel dumb having it on my skin permanently. Like the Vox Day post I linked above says, no matter how awesome you might think your tattoo is, it still advertises "short time preferences, poor judgment, and susceptibility to social influences."

Back