• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Sunscreen: Good or Bad?

Blade Runner

Orthodox
Heirloom
Problem - Reaction - Solution.

Melanoma is caused by the sun.

The problem here is that these mRNA shots to "cure" skin cancer will probably result in many other cancers within the body as "side effects."

Yes, I wonder how many people will fall for this one; add it to the list of depopulation advancement.

By the way, I think you know this, but melanoma is correlated with sun exposure, but I think like most things it is immune system regulated, and also longevity being fairly programmed. That's a different issue, but it seems that almost all things longevity I see now have been shown to be less and less about lifestyle, and more about inheritance. It is hard for any given person to discern that, or discern stress and how to change that so as to improve quality and quantity of years.

Sun screen works. I've been using it for over 10 years and I'm routinely told I look 10 years younger than I actually am.

Melanoma is caused by the sun.

The problem here is that these mRNA shots to "cure" skin cancer will probably result in many other cancers within the body as "side effects."

This isn’t true. People with more sun exposure have better outcomes with melanoma. Sunscreen may make you look younger but it is terrible for you, both in preventing UV light from reaching your skin, and bathing your body’s biggest organ in toxic chemicals. Take the Sun Pill.

But, I completely agree that mRNA shots are going to cause a ton of cancer.

This isn’t true. People with more sun exposure have better outcomes with melanoma. Sunscreen may make you look younger but it is terrible for you, both in preventing UV light from reaching your skin, and bathing your body’s biggest organ in toxic chemicals. Take the Sun Pill.

But, I completely agree that mRNA shots are going to cause a ton of cancer.
I'll look at that pubmed later, I suspect it has errors... because I trust my eyes:

xfmrd5kvm1ea1.png

The side of this truck drivers face on side facing the window versus the side in the shade says it all.

White skin was designed for the Ice Age. Very little sunlight needed.

I'll look at that pubmed later, I suspect it has errors... because I trust my eyes:

xfmrd5kvm1ea1.png

The side of this truck drivers face on side facing the window versus the side in the shade says it all.

Fisherman also look older because of the sun.

Not to hijack the thread, but you’re conflating what’s healthy with what is aesthetically pleasing. I claimed that sun doesn’t cause melanoma. If sunlight causes skin cancer, why was it basically unheard of 100 years ago when people spent way more time outside?

Of course the sun “ages” your skin. There are many degrees of separation between having half your face in direct sun for 12 hours a day like a truck driver, and getting a healthful amount of natural light to facilitate many vital processes inside your body. I have not used sunscreen or sunglasses for almost a year and have not had a single sunburn, despite spending an hour or two in the direct sun per day for the last few months. You just build up to it. The benefits of sunlight probably merits its own thread.

I also find the preoccupation with youthful looks to be yet another sign that we’re becoming the mice in the Calhoun mouse utopia experiment. Human beings weren’t meant to look like smooth-skinned cherubs into their 40s and 50s. I’ll prioritize my health every time over trying to look younger by having baby smooth skin.

having half your face in direct sun for 12 hours a day like a truck driver
This picture seems fake to me. If half of his face was exposed to sunlight, why is that side of his face not darker than the other half?

I have not used sunscreen or sunglasses for almost a year and have not had a single sunburn
Me too. Sunscreen is poison and sunglasses are nonsense because of their hormonal effects. People who wear sunglasses are more likely to get sunburns. Here is an interesting podcast on the subject.

Modern society encourages people to stay indoors, leading to vitamin D deficiencies, negative health impacts like seasonal affective disorder, and an increased risk of skin cancer.
He recommends minimising sunscreen use, as it can block beneficial UVB rays, and spending time outdoors with as much skin exposed as possible.
According to Zaid, exposure to sunlight can also aid in weight loss by reducing subcutaneous and visceral fat.
Basically, celebrate sunshine

On a lighter note, it always used to amuse me when some older guys I sort of knew (at the time) who would have sported those cool 80s mustaches in their 20s would then shave 'em off 20+ years later.

It always left a nice slightly little white mustache, but I didn't know them well enough to point it out to them!!

Last edited:

xfmrd5kvm1ea1.png

This doesn't control for abrasives like air flow and flying particles that gave his face a beating over time. Was it that or the sun?

I'm not arguing that over exposure to sun isn't bad. I do understand this to be a case of 'too much of a good thing'.

I know it only takes very little time, I think ~10 minutes, to get an enormous dose of vitamin D as a consequence of sunbathing, like ~10 micrograms.

The way I see it, vitamin D is only one of the benefits we can highlight. There's many more benefits, known and unknown. It isn't fully understood.

Last edited:
If sunlight causes skin cancer, why was it basically unheard of 100 years ago when people spent way more time outside?
The good ol' days stuff is a lot of time is bunk, and I think this forum should be better than this. A lot of people dropped dead from ages 55-70 in the "good ol' days" which is fine, and if you want to argue that's better for everyone, etc go right ahead. But let's not ignore a lot of the things that people have received in the modern days of living, which include MUCH greater longevity. It's like the people that talk about cancer all the time, but fail to recognize or admit that so many people live decades longer, so of course they're going to get cancer more and die from it; last I checked you have to die from something. This is just basic stuff I'm pointing out that smart people on this forum shouldn't be missing.
Human beings weren’t meant to look like smooth-skinned cherubs into their 40s and 50s. I’ll prioritize my health every time over trying to look younger by having baby smooth skin.
I agree with this, of course. And especially into 50s, if you do the right things, you'll look just fine and you'll have money. Chasing looks is a woman's game, and we can't even get people these days to be honest about that. Women over 30 might look good, but it's always a qualifier that's left out "She looks good" really means she looks good for "35" or "45" etc.

The good ol' days stuff is a lot of time is bunk, and I think this forum should be better than this. A lot of people dropped dead from ages 55-70 in the "good ol' days" which is fine, and if you want to argue that's better for everyone, etc go right ahead. But let's not ignore a lot of the things that people have received in the modern days of living, which include MUCH greater longevity. It's like the people that talk about cancer all the time, but fail to recognize or admit that so many people live decades longer, so of course they're going to get cancer more and die from it; last I checked you have to die from something. This is just basic stuff I'm pointing out that smart people on this forum shouldn't be missing.

I agree with this, of course. And especially into 50s, if you do the right things, you'll look just fine and you'll have money. Chasing looks is a woman's game, and we can't even get people these days to be honest about that. Women over 30 might look good, but it's always a qualifier that's left out "She looks good" really means she looks good for "35" or "45" etc.

Great comment. I've noticed gen Z looking much older for their age than gen Y or X did at that age, smooth foreheads no more

Probably the 'cough' fluoride 'cough' vaxxes or maybe never getting out of the appartment.

I'm surprised a self-proclaimed "smart person" on the forum would completely miss that they're refuting a straw man. Where did I say that the good old days were better? I correctly stated that the rates of skin cancer were exponentially lower when the vast majority of people spent more time in the sun than they do today. This is a reasonable data point that suggests it's not as simple as more sun = more skin cancer. If you have something besides "muh modern technology" to refute that fact, post it.

The average US life expectancy in 1930 was 60. In 2020 it was 79. Are you saying that the huge increase of skin cancer is due only to people living longer on average? Almost half of melanoma diagnoses are in people age 64 or younger, and 23% of them are in people 54 and under. Furthermore -- the incidence of melanoma per 100,000 tripled between 1973 and 2000, while the average life expectancy only increased from 71 to 76. Feel free to keep using your sunscreen, but your argument is unconvincing.

The average US life expectancy in 1930 was 60. In 2020 it was 79. Are you saying that the huge increase of skin cancer is due only to people living longer on average? Almost half of melanoma diagnoses are in people age 64 or younger, and 23% of them are in people 54 and under. Furthermore -- the incidence of melanoma per 100,000 tripled between 1973 and 2000, while the average life expectancy only increased from 71 to 76. Feel free to keep using your sunscreen, but your argument is unconvincing.
Yes, there are several things going on, including age increase, diagnostics/massive increase in sampling, and an increase in population which is more susceptible (as in all things measured, increased population is going to mean a more "average" population overall). I'm not promoting sunscreen, by the way, that's you reading into things. I agree that lack of sunlight and vitamin D are problems.

If sunlight causes skin cancer, why was it basically unheard of 100 years ago when people spent way more time outside?

Extremely obvious and easy to answer: because people wore hats WAY more, huge wide brimmed hats, as well as hoods, and wore long flowing clothes that virtually covered them up even in the hottest of days. Look at historical clothing, far more modest and less revealing than our degenerate age, for both men and women.

As a result, people had natural shade on their skin most of the day and avoided skin cancer, which of course existed back in the day. Just because you aren't aware of these things doesn't mean it didn't exist.

I know most sunscreens are toxic, and I avoid those unless going to the beach for heavy duty sun exposure. On most days, I simply apply this: https://a.co/d/iTwviMI to the face, hands, and neck.

Still extremely easy to get my vitamin D through the arms or legs if I'm wearing shorts. Never had any vitamin D issues in my life. On the other hand, girls half my age think I'm the same age as them.

Other guys need to go half-way around the world to attract younger women. I just wear sunscreen and save myself the hassle. My wife will be significantly younger than me, anywhere from 8-20 years, because I take care of my health. Health is beauty. Being healthy = being beautiful. It's that simple and I couldn't care less what anyone thinks because this is objectively true.

And yes obviously women are attracted to more than looks. But if you're someone who looks like a guy their own age, but with decades of extra knowledge, experience, and resources, it's incredibly easy to crush the competition.

The only risk is if sunscreen has some kind of hidden long-term danger. It's a risk I'm willing to take, because I don't like wearing hats or long-sleeve stuff in the summer all the time. So I stick with a lightweight sunscreen that I linked above.

Also, I'm going to move these sunscreen posts to the relevant forum.

A few points;

-A proper low inflammatory (paleo) diet will drastically reduce tendency to burn, which is what is harmful! Seed oils/linoleic acid might be the biggest problem in this area also.

-Sunlight is essential for good health, but consider your skin type/adaptation. Blonde/red hair, freckles, blue/green eyes = least tolerance. Mediterranean/middle-eastern phenotype = much better tolerance, and also more need for sun exposure. Btw; Last last-age saw a lot of sun in Europe, since much water was bound in ice, and cloud cover was very light as a consequence.

-Wearing sunglasses increases burn tendency, since your brain thinks it's dark and will shut down melanin production. (use cap instead)

-Wrinkly skin is mostly caused by glycation and chronically high blood sugar and insulin issues. (exacerbating ageing)

-Be out in the sun shirtless for a while, but don't sunbathe, it's not natural...use sunscreen only when necessary/sparingly!

Last edited:
Yes, I wonder how many people will fall for this one; add it to the list of depopulation advancement.

By the way, I think you know this, but melanoma is correlated with sun exposure, but I think like most things it is immune system regulated, and also longevity being fairly programmed. That's a different issue, but it seems that almost all things longevity I see now have been shown to be less and less about lifestyle, and more about inheritance. It is hard for any given person to discern that, or discern stress and how to change that so as to improve quality and quantity of years.
I dont use any sun screen or lotions, your skin absorbs chemicals through the pores and it goes into your body, either use coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil if your skin is dry, coconut oil has a natural UV protection in it, a very low one, if you sensitive to the sun its best to wear a big hat and long sleeve buttun shirts and stay out the sun especially near midday when its very strong, same with sunglasses I dont wear them it cuts out a lot of vitamin D absorption through the eyes and makes you sensitive to the light, its ok to wear them if you going fishing for the day, polariods, for the reflection in the water

Sun exposure ages the skin and that used to be common knowledge. That this is being contested is testament to the vein of paranoid scepticism that runs through this forum, that makes some of you come off as stupid, sorry to say.
I have travelled all over Europe from a young age and can attest to the fact that Mediterranean people are usually deeply wrinkled by their late 50s, whereas northern Europeans generally aren't, even those that work outdoors. And in Greece, where I spent a lot of my time, the diet is lower in starchy, sugary foods than my own middle European diet let's say. I lived and worked with Greeks and the diet was excellent.
As for sunscreen, I don't use it anymore, just as I don't use shampoo or any other chemical potions on my body. I simply don't trust that regulatory bodies work for the wellbeing of the general public, so steer clear of many products considered safe to use.

Last edited:
Sun exposure ages the skin and that used to be common knowledge. That this is being contested is testament to the vein of paranoid scepticism that runs through this forum, that makes some of you come off as stupid, sorry to say.
I have travelled all over Europe from a young age and can attest to the fact that Mediterranean people are usually deeply wrinkled by their late 50s, whereas northern Europeans generally aren't, even those that work outdoors.
As for sunscreen, I don't use it anymore, just as I don't use shampoo or any other chemical potions on my body. I simply don't trust that regulatory bodies work for the wellbeing of the general public, so steer clear of many products considered safe to use.
Sometimes I also wonder if its the modern diet change that adds to people getting wrinkels (the low fat diet) and the modern lotions they use, fat and good oils are good for your skin not seed oil, if you notice people with lots of wrinkles have very dry skin they need to eat animal fat and apply coconut oil or olive oil on their skin to hydrate it from the inside and out. For us guys I dont think we really give a damn about wrinkles (at least I dont) but my wife for example has the most amazing smooth face the skin is really good, she doesnt use sunscreen or lotions but she does face exercises and massages her face with stones now and then, also through her I learnt cannabis oil when applied to the face before bed also works wonders

Nivea Sun
Protect & Moisture SPF 50+ Pa+++

Aqua, Homosalate, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Dibutyl Adipate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Copernicia Cerifera Cera, Panthenol, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sucrose Polystearate, Cellulose Gum, Butylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Tetrasodium Iminodisuccinate, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonic Acid, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polyglyceryl-4 Diisostearate/Polyhydroxystearate/Sebacate, Sodium Stearoyl Glutamate, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Pantolactone, Xanthan Gum, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid, Sodium Chloride, Parfum

Its safe to say its probably not good for your health if you look at the ingredients. I would still use it if was going to be out all day in a very hot sun but if i can avoid it i wont. It has its use cases in rare circumstances for me personally. Like hiking a whole day on the mountain in hot sun, it has to be peak summer where it almost hurts being in the sun for long 30+ degrees.

Last edited:
Back