• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Sound of Freedom

Papist

Trad Catholic
Heritage
I've just watched this for the first time. It's a deeply disturbing film that exposes the horror of child trafficking. I recall the 'controversy' surrounding it when it was first released, however it's not obvious to me why. What were the stated reasons for opposing it?

I can only think of the following:

1) It's a Christian film and clearly portrays the faith in a positive light. But then so have many other films, such as Hacksaw Ridge.

2) The protagonist - a selfless, righteous and brave man - is a blond-haired and blue-eyed white man, whilst the film's villains are mostly non-white; therefore it contradicts 'the narrative.'

3) The statistics about slavery - 'There are more humans trapped in slavery today than at any other time, including when slavery was legal' - also disarm 'the narrative', because it means that white people are not uniquely evil. On the contrary, whereas it was outlawed in 1865 in the USA, it's still happening today, despite morality having changed in many parts of the world.

4) It raises awareness of something that has hitherto been ignored and TPTB do not like it.

I cannot think of any other reason. It's not particularly 'right-wing', indeed I would suggest it's apolitical.

Last edited:
I felt like I was watching boomer bait that was covertly promoting immigration. "These poor turd worlders look at how they are living, ship em in" Similar to a boomer bait clint eastwood film like el camino.

Also the film made it seem as if human trafficking is some far away problem that only non developed countrys deal with meanwhile theres thousands of kids in the US that go missing every year that are sold into trafficking but heres the US department of homeland security in some third world south american country spending US tax dollars. Nothing groundbreaking was portrayed and it was really more of a liberal pro immigration propaganda piece than anything else not sure where all the outrage was coming from. Likely artificial

I felt like I was watching boomer bait that was covertly promoting immigration. "These poor turd worlders look at how they are living, ship em in" Similar to a boomer bait clint eastwood film like el camino.

Also the film made it seem as if human trafficking is some far away problem that only non developed countrys deal with meanwhile theres thousands of kids in the US that go missing every year that are sold into trafficking but heres the US department of homeland security in some third world south american country spending US tax dollars. Nothing groundbreaking was portrayed and it was really more of a liberal pro immigration propaganda piece than anything else not sure where all the outrage was coming from. Likely artificial

I was uncomfortable watching the movie and had the same thoughts. I was shocked when the bad guys weren't white, well in a way they were but I was surprised they didn't concentrate on that more. Maybe I've just been too conditioned to think everything Hollywood does is to make white people look bad.

I didn't get that impression at all. Both children were returned to their father, in Columbia. I didn't detect pro-immigration propaganda at all.

It is a true story and the Homeland Security official, inspired by pure altruism, resigned from his job to undertake a heroic mission. He appears to be a Christian man with traditional values and a large family. For the reasons stated in my opening post, I think the message counters that promoted by TPTB. However, I just cannot see what arguments the mainstream media could use to discourage folk from watching the film.

I was uncomfortable watching the movie and had the same thoughts. I was shocked when the bad guys weren't white, well in a way they were but I was surprised they didn't concentrate on that more. Maybe I've just been too conditioned to think everything Hollywood does is to make white people look bad.
It was an independent film, not one produced by any of the main Hollywood studios.

This movie was a sad attempt at right wing grifting.

Like it? Good job saving those Honduran kids who in the plot have a father that leaves them alone on a photo-shoot with a black woman, 0 questions asked (KEK). Now pls invite more shekels in and give it free advertisement, pls understand sir it's Honduran kids sir, this is a revolutionary movie!.

Don't like it? Well then you're just a left wing tranny ok? It's kids bro, you have to give it your shekels bro. Pay no attention at the white guy with a family giving away his life for random Honduran women with a retarded father, with a plot stupidly unbelievable that not even Africans would act in the same manner. You just won the interwebz and saved the kids.

The guy on the old thread who said it was the newest right wing version of Farenheit 234 (or whatever the dumb metric system number is) was spot on. Everything in the movie feels like it's for current day politics. The discussion of it was retarded as well since the right wing equates anyone who doesn't like it to literal pedophiles or Xitter bait accounts and posts. The truth is that it's just not a good movie.

The only interesting part of the movie was Cartagena, which they got some gorgeous shots, and barely anything else.
I hate to be that guy, but one movie is not going to change pedophilia at all thanks to the selfless keyboard warriors and actors. It's just silly.
Just watch Changeling or something not made to grift.

This movie was a sad attempt at right wing grifting.

Like it? Good job saving those Honduran kids who in the plot have a father that leaves them alone on a photo-shoot with a black woman, 0 questions asked (KEK). Now pls invite more shekels in and give it free advertisement, pls understand sir it's Honduran kids sir, this is a revolutionary movie!.

Don't like it? Well then you're just a left wing tranny ok? It's kids bro, you have to give it your shekels bro. Pay no attention at the white guy with a family giving away his life for random Honduran women with a retarded father, with a plot stupidly unbelievable that not even Africans would act in the same manner. You just won the interwebz and saved the kids.

The guy on the old thread who said it was the newest right wing version of Farenheit 234 (or whatever the dumb metric system number is) was spot on. Everything in the movie feels like it's for current day politics. The discussion of it was retarded as well since the right wing equates anyone who doesn't like it to literal pedophiles or Xitter bait accounts and posts. The truth is that it's just not a good movie.

The only interesting part of the movie was Cartagena, which they got some gorgeous shots, and barely anything else.
I hate to be that guy, but one movie is not going to change pedophilia at all thanks to the selfless keyboard warriors and actors. It's just silly.
Just watch Changeling or something not made to grift.

Aren't all films a grift? The producer's motive is surely to make money*. If they can raise awareness, or whatever, then that's a positive latent benefit. I saw this as simply an independent film that told the story of a courageous man. As a Christian I thought it was a difficult watch, given the topic, but ultimately uplifting.

*though, of course, the film industry has been used as a form of indoctrination over the last few decades.

Aren't all films a grift? The producer's motive is surely to make money*. If they can raise awareness, or whatever, then that's a positive latent benefit. I saw this as simply an independent film that told the story of a courageous man. As a Christian I thought it was a difficult watch, given the topic, but ultimately uplifting.

*though, of course, the film industry has been used as a form of indoctrination over the last few decades.
There are quick cash movies that don't take much creative or other types of effort, and there are political variants of these movies. Marvel is the former, and this thread's movie is just an unsubtle "pedophilia bad" movie without anything special about it except a fake message of "ending pedophilia by scanning this QR code at the end!". It's like Kony 2012 for conservatives on a terminally online culture war.
I don't think you know the definition of "grift", no offense.

Sound of Freedom will not be remembered after 1 year, much less as a special movie. No one in this or the past thread was arguing about it being a quality film, just that it was politically right wing. It will be remembered as just a "oh that's the one that caused arguments on Xitter!". It's very sad.

It’s a Hollywood film with Hollywood actors, It’s just another form of propaganda.

(Language)

A better documentary to watch, which is mentioned, is “out of shadows.”

Last edited:
I don’t see the movie as overtly right wing or Christian, just a very few subtle scenes. This movie was attacked simply because Mel Gibson was attached to it and there was a mention at the ending credits how most of the human trafficking occurs in the US. The elites didn’t like that exposure of course, they are still doing damage control from the Epstein incident.

We still have language problems regarding all of this stuff. "Trafficking" now can mean a guy who has multiple girlfriends that follow him around, like the Tate lover boy syndrome nonsense. I remember thinking this about Epstein and Maxwell, but not saying they aren't criminals. Where were all the girl teenagers parents, friends, or what not? You're saying she didn't know she was trading tit for tat? If women can't make decisions, then why are we talking about how empowered and smart they are, and listening to them about voting and politics? When you live in a world that no one cares about doing diligence or dropping your kids off at a "doctors" house for examinations, then acting like they are clueless about what might happen, what do you expect? To me all of this stuff is just another sign that without restriction on women and without real families, we just have a free for all world of "tragedy" that isn't all the unexpected, sadly.

Since this thread revived, does anyone have a single source pointing to the creators giving anything to an actual charity?
Or do they do the noble cause of "spreading awareness", while humbly filling their pockets with the 250 million shekels the movie got from the pay it forward empty seats?

Eduardo Verastegui, Mexican actor and the film's producer, is running for presidency in Mexico as an independent. He claims to be a Catholic conservative and is anti-abortion and anti-globohomo. He's also apparently a zionist, more so than his political competitor Sheinbaum.

1000000369.jpg

Just watched this movie. Definitely recommend. It's on Prime now. The subject matter is dark of course, but it's consistently sprinkled with moments of joy, humor and victory. It's not like the whole movie is depressing and then there's payoff at the end. He catches pedos throughout, rescues various children throughout. So it's more a rollercoaster. Good acting. Great music. Beautifully shot. Made me cry. B+/A- range.

It was a good movie and its good to watch as a parent to know what can happen to children to protect them. After watching the film I found out that in my own country South Africa we have about 50 child kidnappings a day which is shockingly high I didnt know that!

I think the Elites didnt like this movie because they might very well be involved with this pedo child sex thing?

Back