• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Smartphone acceptance starting in 2012 supercharged cultural decline

Smartphones are not really great for talking if you're using your hands. Before this sick era, telephones were designed for human use, fitting nicely to your ear with the receiver and to your mouth with the mic. You could hold them comfortably in your hands, switch ears if fatigued and also hold them in place with your ear, neck and shoulder easily if you needed to free your hands.

The flat rectangular things we have now are not very good at that. Mine goes straight to speakerphone and then I try to put it down if I can.

The designers of these phones are way less concerned about making these ergonomically appropriate for human beings to use as actual phones. They're all purpose computers that can also be used to make calls.

I prefer to use my desktop computer for literally anything instead of using the little annoying rectangle micro computer.
I agree 100% with this, and would only add that not only are they not ergonomic to use as a phone but are also incredibly dangerous, as they are electromagnetic devices that shouldn't be held near your head/brain for even short periods of time. Pretty much any time I use my smart "phone" as a phone, I put in a set of ear buds with a microphone so I'm not holding it up to my ear. I'm sure even the ear buds aren't that great for me but it's definitely better.

It also drives me crazy to see women walking around with them in their back pockets, right near their ovaries and other internal organs. Cancer, anyone?

I also use my computer for just about everything and the fact that so many people are being conditioned to do everything, including watching videos and banking, on these things boggles my mind.

I was at the gym today and two things really struck me:

1.) I was the only White person there, and
2.). Everyone was spending at least 2/3 of their time flipping through their phones. For example, I got through two whole exercise routines before the guy next to me started his next set of reps. Sad. My pet name for these types is "drones on their phones" but to be fair, as someone else here pointed out, humans just aren't designed for them and they are SUPER addictive as a result.

And, I know they are referred to as "phones" but they are actually micro-computers, which can literally track minute details about their owners, such as whether they are standing/sitting, in a car/on a a bike, what the current temperature is,etc. I HATE THEM. Thanks a lot, Steve Jobs . (PS - fun fact: The original Apple computer sold for... Wait for it... $666.66. Hmmm...)
The 666.66$ price isn't the only give away. The Apple logo is a piece of fruit with a bite taken out of it. This obviously refers back to the story of Adam and Eve and is mocking God. Let us also remember that "By their fruits you shall know them".

Last edited:
Back