• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Situation in the Red Sea

I don't know about the Kaliber missles at Air craft carriers.

Thought I've had surface to ship missles shot at me by Houthis...
I'm glad you're no longer in that situation.

I don't think the Houthis are admirable or anything like that, but I understand why they see the US as their enemy, and the US is pretty bending over backwards inviting 20-50 sympathetic countries to give them aid and advanced missiles.

I would expect the Houthis to be launching Kaliber missiles at US aircraft carriers.

I don't know about the Kaliber missles at Air craft carriers.
That would be awkward since the Kalibr is a ship to surface cruise missile not the other way around. ;)

I guess we will see how this plays out.

I've been expecting this since that missile hit on the Russian beach.
No surprise there - Russians have been warning us, that they will respond in a symmetrical way: providing military support to our adversaries, and here we are. I'm not sure whether they will deliver the Oniks missiles directly to the Houthis. The Houthis themselves are to unpredictable to leave them alone with advanced weapon systems - they have a record of accidentally striking Russian, Chinese and even Iranian ships. So I think Russia will, more likely, deliver older anti-ship systems, like the Kh-35/Bal, to Iran with a permission to transfer them to Yemen, but with Iranian "advisors" attached.

Last edited:
That would be awkward since the Kalibr is a ship to surface cruise missile not the other way around. ;)

No surprise there - Russians have been warning us, that they will respond in a symmetrical way: providing military support to our adversaries, and here we are. I'm not sure whether they will deliver the Oniks missiles directly to the Houthis. The Houthis themselves are to unpredictable to leave them alone with advanced weapon systems - they have a record of accidentally striking Russian, Chinese and even Iranian ships. So I think Russia will, more likely, deliver older anti-ship systems, like the Kh-35/Bal, to Iran with a permission to transfer them to Yemen, but with Iranian "advisors" attached.
Sez here that the Kalibr is a family of missiles that includes anti-ship capabilities.

ackually :geek:

Sez here that the Kalibr is a family of missiles that includes anti-ship capabilities.

ackually :geek:
nimrata.gif

But they do not a have a ground launcher:
There are ship-launched, submarine-launched and air-launched versions of the missile

Back