• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Recipes - Basic and Advanced

My quick and easy go-to meal is:
  1. 1 cup of brown rice
  2. 1/2 avocado
  3. 1 can of wild salmon
  4. 2 hard-boiled eggs
  5. 1 shredded carrot
  6. Roasted garlic tomato sauce
this plate sounds very nice... I'd like to give a tip or suggestion, cook the rice with chicken stock instead of water (or do half and half), and add a couple of bay leaves, adds more flavour ;)

As a single man, I’m always about using a minimum of pots & pans, preferably one, maybe two if I’m cooking rice. I am also lazy and I want recipes that consist of a core principle, but are easily tailored depending on ingredients and taste etc.

One I used to like for gaining muscle/using ingredients was to thinly slice a potato(es), fry it in butter with diced onion and garlic, then chuck in whatever veggies you have that are about to spoil, can be anything you like really, courgette, broccoli, carrots, mushrooms etc.

Move these other to one side of the pan when browned, then chuck in a fistful of ground beef and brown it up, then mix everything together and season it. Finally, crack 2 to 4 eggs into little holes you create in among the meat and veg, let them cook a little and then mix everything together.

Top with cheese if you’re really going for it, and then use Worcester shire sauce and soy sauce, or hot sauce, whatever.

It’s healthfulness is somewhat scalable, no cheese, turkey mince instead of beef etc.

My wife and I like to watch the “Tasting History” YouTube channel, which has many ancient recipes and their historical context. In addition to just the “cool” factor of eating like, e.g., a Roman gladiator, the health benefits of cooking like the ancients has got to be a plus (and helped cut past modern “theories” with actual historical content). (Full disclosure: The host is an unabashed homosexual. But if you can get past that, the content is good and verifiable.)

Here's one of my favorites.

3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
4 uncured hot dogs cut up
1 can Van Camp's Pork and Beans

Saute the onions and hot dogs in the oil until the hot dog slices are plumped and browned a little. Dump the can of beans in the pan when the onions and hot dogs have a nice consistency. Cook until the juice in the pork and beans has cooked down enough to be able to serve it on a plate.

Feel free to be generous with the oil. It mixes with the beans and adds body. I think this recipe is way better than plain beans and weinies.

Here's one of my favorites.

3 tablespoons olive or avocado oil
1/4 cup chopped onions
4 uncured hot dogs cut up
1 can Van Camp's Pork and Beans

Saute the onions and hot dogs in the oil until the hot dog slices are plumped and browned a little. Dump the can of beans in the pan when the onions and hot dogs have a nice consistency. Cook until the juice in the pork and beans has cooked down enough to be able to serve it on a plate.

Feel free to be generous with the oil. It mixes with the beans and adds body. I think this recipe is way better than plain beans and weinies.

My breakfast omelet:

• 4 large eggs
  • 1/4 pound (about 113g) ground beef
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite cheese)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (any color you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Top with salsa

Last edited:
I highly recommend a book called The Silver Spoon. It is an italian cookbook. it's over 1000 pages, but every recipe i tried, has been spot on.
Apparently this is THE recipe book all grandmas have in Italy.

Please forgive me american brothers, but your cuisine is utter trash and this book can give you enough variety for years and give you great insights on the mediterranean diet.

I will be posting a couple of recipes once in a while.

We need some mouth-watering emoji's for this thread! As a single man, my lunch diet consists largely of romaine salads, brown rice or buttered toast, and hard-boiled or fried eggs, so I appreciate these adventurous yet simple recipes.

Quick mid-day snack protein shake:

• 1 scoop whey protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
  • 2 tablespoons almond butter
  • 1/4 cup quick oats
  • 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
  • 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
  • 1 cup vanilla or chocolate flavored unsweetened almond milk
  • 1 cup of water

Plain Greek yogurt is my secret if I’m hungry after dinner. But I usually plan for it.

Mix it with 1-2 scoops of chocolate protein powder. So that’s similar to thick chocolate pudding.

Add frozen blueberries and strawberries on top from Costco. Keeps me full until the following afternoon.

Usually comes in around 400-500 calories, 80 grams of protein and 20-25 grams of carbs from the berries/powder.

I seriously do this 5-6x per week as my desert. Has negated any cravings for unhealthy snacking and it’s cheap as I get all products from Costco.

My breakfast omelet:

• 4 large eggs
  • 1/4 pound (about 113g) ground beef
  • 1/2 cup shredded cheese (such as cheddar, mozzarella, or your favorite cheese)
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup chopped bell peppers (any color you prefer)
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • Salt to taste
  • 1 tablespoon butter
  • Top with salsa
Nice!

My blini reciepe

140 g flour
590 milk
1 tablespoon oil
2 tablespoon melted butter
1/8 spoon salt
vanila essence
1 tablespoon honey
half teaspoon baking soda
2 eggs

In a large mixing bowl, whisk eggs and milk.
Add sugar, salt, baking soda, oil, Whisk together.
Gradually whisk in the flour, and then the vanilla extract. You want a cream like batter, and no lumps. I add the melted butter at this stage. Most would say to add it with the other liquids but if they're cold, it causes the butter to solidify.
Heat a crepe pan or a 10-inch non-stick pan over medium heat. Coat with butter before each ladle of batter goes down into center. Swirl around for even distribution. Cook until you get some colour on each side, but be careful not to try it out.

Serve with whatever tickles your fancy. Savoury or sweet.

I highly recommend a book called The Silver Spoon. It is an italian cookbook. it's over 1000 pages, but every recipe i tried, has been spot on.
Apparently this is THE recipe book all grandmas have in Italy.

Please forgive me american brothers, but your cuisine is utter trash and this book can give you enough variety for years and give you great insights on the mediterranean diet.

I will be posting a couple of recipes once in a while.

thank you for the book recommendation, never heard of it, gonna purchase it in good time

Back