• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Persecution of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church

Ukrainian Nazis beat Metropolitan Longin of the Chernivtsi-Bukovyna diocese of the Ukrainian Orthodox Church (OCU), who had previously refused to become subordinate to the “OCU” (the so-called Orthodox Church of Ukraine, schismatics).

As the Metropolitan reported, at night there was a knock on the door, he opened it and was hit in the face, from which he lost consciousness.

A month ago, the Nazis set fire to the Metropolitan's house.

Oldest Cathedral in Ukraine destroyed:

UNDER COVER OF NIGHT, UKRAINE DESTROYS TITHES CHURCH, BUILT ON SITE OF FIRST KIEVAN CATHEDRAL​

Ukraine’s National History Museum and anti-Orthodox nationalists have finally achieved their dream of dismantling and destroying a church that, until this morning, stood on the site of the first cathedral of Kievan Rus’.

The ancient cathedral was blown up by the godless authorities in 1936, but in 2006, the new church, belonging to the Tithes Monastery, was built by Kiev residents with the blessing of then-primate Metropolitan Vladimir of Kiev and All Ukraine.

It's hard to even get angry about it, because it looks like most Ukrainians are already paying a hefty price. I noticed that Romanians have increasingly grown weary of Ukraine since the beginning of the special operation, because they refuse to recognize Romanian as a minority language and they also won't allow Romanian liturgies, because those who do them are mostly in communion with the MP. And because they are minority-hostile in general in order to support their "national" agenda.

Moscow is referred to as the third Rome. The second being Constantinople. As a relatively new Orthodox Christian, I wonder how hard the distinction stings the tiny Patriarchate of Constantinople, and how much that weighs on Bartholomew's involvement in the recent schism.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Always important to remember how very long this schism has been planned:

Vice President Joe Biden meets with Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew in Istanbul​

img_0536.jpg

Vice President Joe Biden meets with Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew at the Ecumenical Patriarchate in Istanbul, Turkey; December 3, 2011.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What else is left in the deal?

Last edited:
There are many Greeks who hate what Bartholomew has done, and, he never had any authority to call a split within another Church's autocephalic jurisdictional lines. The idea that there even is an ecumenical Patriarch anymore is nonsense, since ecumenical originally meant "in the Emperor's house," and there hasn't been an Emperor for 600 years.

Ecumenical Patriarch = Emperor's Patriarch. What Patriarch? I suppose Bartholomew believes the American President will restore this lost power to Constantinople. In reality, it looks like it will destroy the Greek Church.

There are many Greeks who hate what Bartholomew has done, and, he never had any authority to call a split within another Church's autocephalic jurisdictional lines. The idea that there even is an ecumenical Patriarch anymore is nonsense, since ecumenical originally meant "in the Emperor's house," and there hasn't been an Emperor for 600 years.

Ecumenical Patriarch = Emperor's Patriarch. What Patriarch? I suppose Bartholomew believes the American President will restore this lost power to Constantinople. In reality, it looks like it will destroy the Greek Church.
Yeah, I think that authority has kinda passed. Some Church Fathers talked about how exceptionally Orthodox and authoritative Rome was back in the day, but times change.
In general, I like that the adherence to tradition creates more of a bottom-up dynamic in the Orthodox Church that the Roman Church doesn't. I once mentioned to my godfather that Bartholomew seemed pretty masonic to me and he and his wife went "yes, but so does Daniel of Romania".

It's generally understood that the heart of the Church sits with the prayer and the liturgy of the common priests, the laity, and the ascetics, while the upper hierarchs, while owed obedience, are not what the Church stands and falls with.

But that's also why I don't think the Greek Church will be destroyed (aren't they technically separate anyways? Jurisdiction goes over my head sometimes). In America, it, might take a hit, but at this point, there are so many parallel jurisdictions in Western countries that that's hardly going to be a massive problem. You will have a couple of seething RCs go "I told you so", but that's it. But that has hardly any significance offline.
The Greeks also have a lot of staunchly Orthodox clerics and ascetics. Besides that, I have met a lot of converts online, and very few of them seem to be in Greek Jurisdiction. OCA seems to have some problems, but also many excellent people. Bartholomew can do his tricks, but if he actually were to move towards Uniatism, schism would be inevitable, and the other jurisdictions would grow.

OrthoLARPing libtards have a lot of power media-wise, but I have very rarely encountered them in person.

Last edited:
Back