• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Modern Saints

WoodArch4033

Orthodox
Heritage
St. Paisios of Mount Athos on indifference for the state of one's country and the world.
1697778433031.png

Can we rename this sub to Orthodox Saints, since the vast majority of the quotes and sayings of the Orthodox Saints were prior to the 1800s? I had created a similar one the other day, which I'd intended to be for Orthodox and Catholic only, but it was put under General Christianity. Considering only Orthodox and Catholics venerate Saints, the decision didn't make sense to me, but oh well.

Can we rename this sub to Orthodox Saints, since the vast majority of the quotes and sayings of the Orthodox Saints were prior to the 1800s? I had created a similar one the other day, which I'd intended to be for Orthodox and Catholic only, but it was put under General Christianity. Considering only Orthodox and Catholics venerate Saints, the decision didn't make sense to me, but oh well.
I created this thread specifically for what modern Saints have to say, more recent to our times, we could have another thread called Patristics/Orthodox Saints

One Modern Saint I have been feeling drawn to lately is St. Gabriel the Confessor and Fool-for-Christ of Georgia. Most famous for burning a portrait of Lenin and subsequently being beaten almost to death, being declared mentally insane for believing in Christ and angels, and becoming a fool-for-Christ. God in His Mercy has granted a great intercessor for these latter times, as believers will be persecuted more and more and possibly declared "insane" for holding traditional Christian beliefs.

St. Gabriel pray for us!

One Modern Saint I have been feeling drawn to lately is St. Gabriel the Confessor and Fool-for-Christ of Georgia. Most famous for burning a portrait of Lenin and subsequently being beaten almost to death, being declared mentally insane for believing in Christ and angels, and becoming a fool-for-Christ. God in His Mercy has granted a great intercessor for these latter times, as believers will be persecuted more and more and possibly declared "insane" for holding traditional Christian beliefs.

St. Gabriel pray for us!
1565855430131747992.jpeg

Back