Magic

Was just talking about this with my pastor today. He knew someone who got cursed by a witch and was unable to speak until they prayed for him.

As all false world religions, every kind of magic makes an idol of the self. It is about self-determination, getting what you want, exerting control over others or even your own future, by any means necessary (including selling your soul). It should not come as a surprise to Christians that many of the most successful people in the world practice magic.

The black magic/white magic distinction is a false dichotomy. Whichever one you practice, you are still dealing with the devil. The black magic being his true self and the white magic being his masquerade. Another false allure of magic is that you can control demons and use them to accomplish your will, when in reality, you are the one who the demons control and they are using you to accomplish their will.

I don't think their tricks are "supernatural" but I do believe the guild is supported and inspired by evil (spiritual) forces. That is the case for most entertainment endeavors, if you think about it.

There are witches mentioned in the Bible, twice IIRC. The witch of Endor was consulted by the evil King Saul, and then there was the witch following St. Paul around and making a scene, until he drove the demons from her. So yes, they exist.
Only if you let them.

If you choose to believe in such a thing, then you allow it to live.

God is not telling us to go out and kill every single witch.

Why would he need such a thing, he is God. He could say it so and they would all fall down dead.

He is telling us not to believe in them, that they might have power over us.

That is what, "Suffer not the Witch to live." Truly means.

Exodus 22:18 King James Version
18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

For all in this world was created by God, not by the hand of the Devil.

Only if you let them.

If you choose to believe in such a thing, then you allow it to live.

God is not telling us to go out and kill every single witch.

Why would he need such a thing, he is God. He could say it so and they would all fall down dead.

He is telling us not to believe in them, that they might have power over us.

That is what, "Suffer not the Witch to live." Truly means.

Exodus 22:18 King James Version
18 Thou shalt not suffer a witch to live.

For all in this world was created by God, not by the hand of the Devil.
Whether one chooses to believe they exist or not is irrelevant. Everyone has free will. Witches today (and probably in the past) are simply feminist/narcissistic women who align themselves with or allow themselves to be infested with demons, so that they can wield power over men and society, when they otherwise would feel they are powerless and not in control. There is absolutely no doubt that demon infestation can imbue people with supernatural abilities. Even the Saints have attested to this. Do they have power over us? Certainly not, if we have Christ in our hearts and follow Him. I don't fear such people...I pity them, but I also won't tolerate their nonsense.

Do they have power over us? Certainly not, if we have Christ in our hearts and follow Him. I don't fear such people...I pity them, but I also won't tolerate their nonsense.
I feel the same way. I feel both sorry for and disgust towards all worshipers of Satan. Sorry that they themselves are deceived and have fallen for the lie. Disgust that they willingly propagate his tyranny, deceive others, and oppose the Word of God.

I don't fear such people...I pity them, but I also won't tolerate their nonsense.
What does it mean for you to not tolerate their nonsense? How far do you take this?

During a recent business dispute (not drug related) I had a young hispanic-American "immigrant" type-guy pull a gun on me and threaten to kill me. I wanted to kill him for this. I de-escalated the situation by saying "Whatta' ya' gonna do, shoot me?" He put the gun back in his trunk and at this point I was about to take him and hurt him badly but something compelled me to walk away (called cops and filed a report instead). For a moment I even felt possessed by a demon, and this guy definitely gave off brujo energy.

I know this isn't about stage magic, but it is interesting that many stage magicians are atheists. Penn Gillette, James Randi, Derren Brown, even Matt Dillahunty is into magic
Add Mystery to the list too. I remember Neil Strauss writing in The Game saying that Mystery had no patience for the supernatural and that him being a stage magician that used his tricks to create illusions to fool people fueled the materialistic stance he had. That said, I think Michael Witcoff had mentioned that he spoke with him one on one on social media a few years back and apparently he's gotten into New Age stuff.

Back