Israel-Hamas War Battle Updates

The king announces he will be coming soon, and that preparations should be made.

Israel's leader regularly visits the US Congress, where he receives more rabid applause than any American leader ever has.
It's the same way they applaud Dear Leader in North Korea.

Have major leaders, like the heads of China, Russia, or the UK even addressed US Congress before? I sure don't remember it.
In this article :
...they describe the US and Israel as joined at-the-hip

When I first read your comment I thought of Hawaii, a small place far from the US that is technically part of it. That other small place is further away but if they were going to be honest about it...

It's like that expression the tail is wagging the dog

A vivid metaphor for American global geopolitical incompetence is about to float off into the sunset, as the White House is poised to give up on the $230 million Gaza aid pier it built to alleviate an Israel-imposed humanitarian catastrophe in Gaza. Disassembly could begin in July, officials told New York Times.

First announced as a White House aim in March during President Biden's State of the Union address, the pier required hundreds of millions of dollars and the work of some 1,000 service members to plan, assemble and operate. Now, the surrender on the pier idea comes after it was operational for just 10 days -- at $23 million each.

The jokes write themselves.

Back