• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Introductions Thread

Pax_Fratribus

Orthodox Inquirer
Remnant
Hello, I was Ave_Maria on RooshV Forum for the last few months. It means "Hail Mary" in Latin, for those who accidentally thought I was a woman, my apologies for the confusion! Pax Fratribus is "Peace to the Brothers" from the end of Ephesians. "Peace to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible."

I didn't see an Introductions thread so I wanted to start it here, and test own my ability to post. I forget where this located on the old forum, and looks like it was taken down now, so please move the thread if it belongs somewhere else.

I am looking forward to reading and participating in this forum. From the short time of browsing I did already, I can tell the forum rules and moderation will be more helpful to young men, especially the Courtship section. I also see less aggressive policing of natural, male speech, which sometime includes cursing. Although we need to avoid cursing, we should teach by example instead of suspending someone for speaking the way he expresses himself. Sometimes people do not know other words for things except for profanity, and the forum should show them, not punish them. It's not as if the profanity is hurting anyone except him.

"The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate." Proverbs 8:13, ESV
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate." KJV

Profanity includes a lot more than specific words only, like Jesus explained when Peter asked:

“Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” . . . "Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” from Matthew 15

Thank you to all who created and maintain this place. May God bless it, and make it prosper.

Hello, I was Ave_Maria on RooshV Forum for the last few months. It means "Hail Mary" in Latin, for those who accidentally thought I was a woman, my apologies for the confusion! Pax Fratribus is "Peace to the Brothers" from the end of Ephesians. "Peace to the brothers, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Grace be with all who love our Lord Jesus Christ with love incorruptible."

I didn't see an Introductions thread so I wanted to start it here, and test own my ability to post. I forget where this located on the old forum, and looks like it was taken down now, so please move the thread if it belongs somewhere else.

I am looking forward to reading and participating in this forum. From the short time of browsing I did already, I can tell the forum rules and moderation will be more helpful to young men, especially the Courtship section. I also see less aggressive policing of natural, male speech, which sometime includes cursing. Although we need to avoid cursing, we should teach by example instead of suspending someone for speaking the way he expresses himself. Sometimes people do not know other words for things except for profanity, and the forum should show them, not punish them. It's not as if the profanity is hurting anyone except him.

"The fear of the LORD is hatred of evil. Pride and arrogance and the way of evil and perverted speech I hate." Proverbs 8:13, ESV
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil; Pride and arrogance and the evil way And the perverse mouth I hate." KJV

Profanity includes a lot more than specific words only, like Jesus explained when Peter asked:

“Hear and understand: it is not what goes into the mouth that defiles a person, but what comes out of the mouth; this defiles a person.” . . . "Do you not see that whatever goes into the mouth passes into the stomach and is expelled? But what comes out of the mouth proceeds from the heart, and this defiles a person. For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false witness, slander. These are what defile a person. But to eat with unwashed hands does not defile anyone.” from Matthew 15

Thank you to all who created and maintain this place. May God bless it, and make it prosper.

I also switched usernames. I was prisonplanet. That felt too increasingly blackpilled for me. Cheapchampion was a name Reddit actually came up with automatically for me and I just stuck with it.

Anyhow, I deliberated quite a bit actually if I was going to continue on after the Roosh forum. I'm glad I decided to. I know I would miss the fellowship too much, just having generally level-headed guys to bounce things off of is really nice.

Just want to say hi in this thread as my first post, I'm an old member on RVF but have chosen to use a fresh username, partially because of OpSec concerns, though someone determined enough might figure out who I was there.

Mainly want to remain part of a forum with like-minded men who aren't brainwashed by MSM propaganda, always looking for the other side of the "official" stories (((they))) try to feed us.

Also generally interested in Orthodox Christianity, though there are no churches close for me to visit regularly, and me not being Greek/Russian/Caucasian adds an extra challenge, so am slowly doing more research of my own. Roosh's articles and OrthodoxTalks have been very enlightening.

Last edited:
Long-time lurker here-- very long time (before Roosh's conversion). I decided to finally make an account about a year ago or so on RVF and introduce myself here, even though I am more of a reader than a poster. Glad to meet you all!

Last edited:
Hello all! Long time lurker on RVF and decided I want to contribute to the new forum. I'm extremely thankful for the wisdom I've gained from you all over the years as it played a big role in my spiritual development. I also appreciate the mods for taking on the challenge of continuing the forum. Interesting times ahead!

Hello, CIKF (is that the proper abbreviation?). I used to post on RVF as GigaBITE, although I hadn't been contributing as much leading up to its closure. I remember reading about an alternative spin-off forum being in the works in the closure thread and feared the worst: that it wouldn't resemble the forum, that some other kind of software would be used, etc., so I'm glad to find nothing's really changed.

Hello, I was a long time lurker on RVF and was very pleased to see the heavyweights continue with a new forum. I hope that the men here will be able to help clarify many of the difficult problems we all face as I have so far struggled (apart from two guys I work with), to find men I'm aligned with that are willing to talk about the things many people avoid or don't have experience of.

Back