• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

"I see bad people in Church'"

The standard of the Bible + your interpretation of it. The problem, of course, is when somebody forms a church claiming the same standard, but preaching heresy.

The church and her saints being the lens through which scripture is read is the solution to this problem.
Of course, you have to use private interpretation to decide which church you want to follow, so there's no real point to making this argument against the Bible. Your argument rests on the claim that the Bible has no objective meaning.

Why you would read the Scriptures written in the 1st century, through the lens of monks in the 12th century is beyond me.

Last edited:
Of course, you have to use private interpretation to decide which church you want to follow, so there's no real point to making this argument against the Bible. Your argument rests on the claim that the Bible has no objective meaning.

Why you would read the Scriptures written in the 1st century, through the lens of monks in the 12th century is beyond me.

EDIT: I realise I am derailing this thread, and I’m aware this discussion has been had multiple times in other threads

Last edited:
Back