• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Good States to Live in the United States

How tolerant is the Miami metro area to mixed couples with children of mixed heritage.
How much abuse a White European male married to a dark-Skinned Dominican or Haitian lady would face? What about their mixed heritage children? In an average middle class area like North Miami beach?

My experience in Miami is fairly limited. I only had a 3 day work trip there. But I did make an effort to walk around a lot of the main parts of the city and I took Ubers everywhere.

Miami traffic is insane. I saw a lot of gay flags. Lots of plastic surgery thots. Lots of tate bros in their sports cars. It's a very blue/woke city too. Also property there is extremely inflated compared to other areas in Florida.

If you have no choice but to live there with your family due to your job I'd try to find a gated community outside the city limits and be strategic about the traffic situation so you aren't sitting in traffic for several hours a day.

I went to the bank and the entire bank was Haitians. The line was out the door. No one could speak English including the staff. Things like this were a negative for me but if you're looking for diversity, Miami is probably the most diverse/ethnic city in Florida.

I don't know though. Again my experience is limited. I prefer rural/red areas and I don't like the idea of paying for inflated property. My job allows me to basically live wherever I want in Florida.

On the bright side, Miami has some of the best weather in Florida. I'm sure there are some good private Catholic schools there. If you have a big budget then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. If you can afford one of those condos like Messi has and a yacht and stuff then I'm sure it'll be nice.

How tolerant is the Miami metro area to mixed couples with children of mixed heritage.
How much abuse a White European male married to a dark-Skinned Dominican or Haitian lady would face? What about their mixed heritage children? In an average middle class area like North Miami beach?
Miami, and its surrounding area, is very much a melting pot of different Hispanic cultures. It’s so melted together that they all speak the same, regardless of background.

As for interracial marriages with Hispanics, you should understand that Hispanics come in very strong ranges of colour, they can be white, brown or even black. So I doubt that anyone would look at you funny, especially if you learn Spanish yourself.
I drive all over the state for work. Some cities/areas I personally like best are Homosassa Springs/Crystal River, Williston/Reddick, Brooksville, and Mt Dora. The first two are great if you want to go rural in a red/conservative/Christian region for less by Florida standards.
Oh man, can't believe I forgot about Crystal River, beautiful place! Also, you might want to take a double take on Brooksville. I was there for a few months and there a serious drug problem in that town. Another nice place for Catholics would be San Antonio, a nice Catholic small town, next to St Leo University and a Benedictine Monastery.

Colorado has TABOR (Taxpayer Bill of Rights) which so far has done a good job of preventing state income taxes and property taxes from skyrocketing. It could always be overturned by voters, but it's good for now.

Colorado is relatively pro-landlord; whereas New Jersey that you're coming from is so pro-tenant it's absolutely pointless to try to invest in real estate.

Yeah, the cities are indeed very blue. And so are the wealthy mountain towns, except they do present HUGE opportunity to skilled tradesman. HVAC techs for example can charge exorbitant rates if they are willing to do it in the mountains.

The Western Slope is great, and there's Ft Collins and surrounding areas.
So are you saying Fort Collins is significantly better than Denver or Boulder? I've heard mixed things about it, some say it's nice while others say it has been ruined by the liberal influx.

Regarding Maine (and also its very similar cousins New Hampshire and Vermont), it's a shame a place so White and so safe has become so leftist. If only most of the Whites there actually had a brain...

So are you saying Fort Collins is significantly better than Denver or Boulder? I've heard mixed things about it, some say it's nice while others say it has been ruined by the liberal influx.

Regarding Maine (and also its very similar cousins New Hampshire and Vermont), it's a shame a place so White and so safe has become so leftist. If only most of the Whites there actually had a brain...
Fort Collins is politically "purple". For me it is tolerable, and many of the surrounding areas are very red. Loveland, Windsor, etc.

I don't know though. Again my experience is limited. I prefer rural/red areas and I don't like the idea of paying for inflated property. My job allows me to basically live wherever I want in Florida.
It's a bit rough now with high interest rates, but for me, rental properties in expensive areas have allowed me to actually capitalize on inflation.

maine.jpeg

If I ever lived in the US again, Maine would be on my short list, along with some parts of upper Michigan or upper Wisconsin. At this point I don't think I'll ever return again, but it's a thought.

East Idaho is starting to look more and more appealing. The main cities are Idaho Falls and Pocatello. Twin Falls as well, but thats's more Central Idaho.

They are a lot more under the radar than Boise and North Idaho, so houses are more arrordable. Also close to some incredible places like Yellowstone, Grand Teton, skiing, etc. The outdoor opportunities look amazing. Pretty isolated as well, which is good. Very right-wing, not much diversity (also good).

There are a lot of Mormons, but every Mormon I've met has been nice so I don't see that being as big of a problem as people make it out to be. They seem like good neighbors, and I'll take Mormons over leftists and diversity any day.

Montana looks nice too, but getting expensive. Wyoming seems to be hit or miss, either really pleasant or really trashy. Rapid City and the Black Hills of South Dakota look to have potential too.

I really like these isolated, smaller to mid sized cities in the Western US.

Which reminded me that West Virginia is one of the better states too, if one avoids its Southwestern drug-stricken parts. Eastern WV is really nice. Lots of National Forest, not many mosquitos, mild winters, not hot in the mountains, uncrowded, low crime, Virginia major services are in close proximity, lax regulations, no building permits out of town, no tornadoes or earthquakes, stunning scenery. A lot less ticks and Lyme than further North. Land prices like in Maine or Michigan.

Last edited:
For a young single guy looking to start a life away from childhood network of friends and family, the most important thing is to establish roots in a new location with likeminded positive people and become part of the new community . Start in a more town /neighborhood type setting, then later once you get a wife and family started and some money saved up, look to buy the homestead a little further out. Without friends and family in your daily circle of exisitance (online doesn’t count), all the other things (local politics, weather, hobbies/activities etc) won’t make a fulfilling life for you.

States themselves are starting to be less the refuge, but certain regions of those states are becoming even more of a refuge. If that makes sense. In the most liberal states, there are often regions where you will find the most old school conservative families making their way in the world. I have mentioned on here before that I would rather live in one of these regions in a liberal state, than in a conservative state going through fast changes.

Having said that, I will say that Idaho still ticks the most boxes for me and my family. But as deep as the conservative values lie, Boise would never be an option (see above point). Because of my family, Coeur d'Alene (CDA) is my spot. My wife loves it there, and while there are many smaller towns that we both enjoy, she just feels not cut out for towns under 20k people. So Sandpoint hits high on the list, but has a certain California vibe that kind of spoils it. But other spots in the Idaho area that we love are: Bonners Ferry, Sagle, Athol.

Over the border in Montana, I find Libby to be a good spot. There is a certain weathering the town has, but its still Montana so its rough but clean. The people all over this region are fantastic, so no worries there. There is some wariness to outsiders, but this seems mostly because of the amount of interest in the region as of late. New outsiders tend to have an arrogance toward the 'natives' and lord over them somewhat, which seems to be a typical liberal mindset.

In Oregon I will second the Grants Pass area. But I also like Baker City, with its access to the Wallawa mountains. If I could get a small ranch on the slopes of that range, it would be about perfect.

Northern California, despite the insanity of its central government, has some great spots in the north. Especially if you are outside of the I5 zone. Weaverville has to be one of the most perfect little spots in the world, with so many endless places to hide away. Redding is pretty good for a city, but deals with a lot of Cali nonsense.

Since I live in BC, Washington is like a second state for me. The area in the north west is pretty good, with some very tight and conservative spots like Lynden that would be perfect for raising a family. In fact, the whole area to the west of the Cascades - outside of the cities - is pretty great. The Olympic peninsula is about as beautiful as the world gets, and Port Townsend is a fantastic little city. Over to the east, people talk about Spokane, but for some reason the political fallout of King county got dumped into Spokane. Spokane is like night compared to the day of CDA. Better sticking to places like Colville or Republic. If you have the money, a place on the Methow river as it flows out of the North Cascades is some of God's best work.

Americans really do have endless possibilities. We Canadians are very envious of you all.

Maine and vermont are probably the "Whitest" states in the Union. ( i mentioned "Whitest" becaseu that is apaprently very important to some of the commenters here.) However, I suspect many readers here would not feel comfortable neither in Vermont not in Maine. Visit these two states and see the reason for yourself...

I plan to move back to the US early next year, and over the last few years have done a bit of research and found a few places I plan to check out based on my requirements. I'd love to live on 10+ acres in the mountains and ideally that's where I'll end up, but initially, for me personally a medium/small city will be the best landing place in order to get situated, meet people, generally have things to do, and explore the broader area. I'm looking for Conservative/red areas with great access to the mountains and outdoors.

The states and cities:

Idaho - Coeur d'Alene (North Idaho seems perfect to me), Idaho Falls

Montana - Kalispell (the city and area seems to have a lot of similarities with Coeur d'Alene and North Idaho), Bozeman (seems pretty liberal/granola but the surroundings should be great), Helena

Utah - Logan (seems like a nice little city in a beautiful part of the country)

Arizona - Flagstaff (pricey, full of Californians)

That about sums it up for the west, these next places are out east where you have a few negative aspects to deal with: more densely populated, less epic outdoor opportunities, more crime, more diversity. But at the same time I think the east comes with a few benefits such as: friendlier more open outgoing people making it easier to network and meet people, the outdoors are still great just in a different way, cheaper cost of a broad range of things that are important to me such as usable land, gas, used vehicles, etc. Also with more people comes a greater selection of certain items. The east also seems to be better for homesteading and growing your own food which is something I know little about but would like to accomplish one day. The areas are:

Tennessee - Chattanooga, Knoxville, Johnson City.

South Carolina - Greenville

These next few places are my second tier but still interesting for various reasons:

Missouri/Arkansas - The Ozarks region, Bentonville

Alabama - it just seems so deep south country boy conservative they'll never be able to change it.

North Carolina - Greensboro/Winston Salem (a little farther from the mountains then I'd like to be), Ashville (seems very liberal but in a great region). The state also seems to be turning blue.

West Virginia - Elkins (town tucked in the mountains), I've always been intrigued by the rural mountainous East/Southeast part of the state.

Wyoming - Sheridan (very isolated town just outside the bighorn mountains)

That's it, I'm hoping to do a road trip spring/summer of 2024 to see as many of these places as I can. If anyone has any intel to share on these locations I'd love to hear it.

For anyone thinking about Northern New England - NH, Vermont and Maine. I lived in Central NH for 3 years and it's an odd place. It has its charm and I love it but its a hard place to integrate into. VT is even odder and Maine I never explored much but I image its much the same. I'd just say be prepared for a lot of ticks and mosquitoes in the summer and brutal winters, if you can deal with that it's probably a great place to bring a wife or family but I wouldn't say it's a great place to go as a single man and start over.

Last edited:
I plan to move back to the US early next year, and over the last few years have done a bit of research and found a few places I plan to check out based on my requirements. I'd love to live on 10+ acres in the mountains and ideally that's where I'll end up, but initially, for me personally a medium/small city will be the best landing place in order to get situated, meet people, generally have things to do, and explore the broader area. I'm looking for Conservative/red areas with great access to the mountains and outdoors.

The states and cities:

Montana - Kalispell (the city and area seems to have a lot of similarities with Coeur d'Alene and North Idaho), Bozeman (seems pretty liberal/granola but the surroundings should be great), Helena

That about sums it up for the west, these next places are out east where you have a few negative aspects to deal with: more densely populated, less epic outdoor opportunities, more crime, more diversity. But at the same time I think the east comes with a few benefits such as: friendlier more open outgoing people making it easier to network and meet people, the outdoors are still great just in a different way, cheaper cost of a broad range of things that are important to me such as usable land, gas, used vehicles, etc. Also with more people comes a greater selection of certain items. The east also seems to be better for homesteading and growing your own food which is something I know little about but would like to accomplish one day. The areas are:

These next few places are my second tier but still interesting for various reasons:

Alabama - it just seems so deep south country boy conservative they'll never be able to change it.

North Carolina - Greensboro/Winston Salem (a little farther from the mountains then I'd like to be), Ashville (seems very liberal but in a great region). The state also seems to be turning blue.

West Virginia - Elkins (town tucked in the mountains), I've always been intrigued by the rural mountainous East/Southeast part of the state.

That's it, I'm hoping to do a road trip spring/summer of 2024 to see as many of these places as I can. If anyone has any intel to share on these locations I'd love to hear it.

For anyone thinking about Northern New England - NH, Vermont and Maine. I lived in Central NH for 3 years and it's an odd place. It has its charm and I love it but its a hard place to integrate into. VT is even odder and Maine I never explored much but I image its much the same. I'd just say be prepared for a lot of ticks and mosquitoes in the summer and brutal winters, if you can deal with that it's probably a great place to bring a wife or family but I wouldn't say it's a great place to go as a single man and start over.

I also have many of the same areas on my list. Though I decided as a single guy from the Midwest, I'd rather live in those you mentioned in the Eastern US. There are more single women and the people are friendlier in general. Cost of living is lower as well compared to the West. And the scenery in the Ozarks or Appalachia is excellent. It can't beat the West, but it's good enough.

I've spent some time in Knoxville, Greenville, and NW Arkansas (Bentonville/Fayetteville). All are great towns situated in beautiful environments. For mid-size cities in the US, it doesn't get much better than this. The locals are some of the friendliest I've seen, like they actually want to get to know you. Chattanooga is also decent and I really enjoyed visiting. It's a lot like Knoxville but more Black so it wouldn't be my first choice for living.

One thing to keep in mind about the South though is that socioconomic inequality is huge. You can be in a town like Knoxville with well dressed, in-shape people and cute Southern belles, then drive 10 mi to a Walmart on the outskirts and find that everybody is 100 lbs overweight in an electric wheelchair wearing a stained old t-shirt. I thought the Midwest was bad in this regard, but I never saw so many sad and poor White (and Black) people as at a Walmart in Tennessee. May the Lord have mercy on them.

The Ozarks are very sparsely populated outside of the major towns and cities surrounding the region. I love that area for it's beauty and tranquility, but I wouldn't settle down there because it's too isolating. There are many very poor people and drug addicts in the area because there is a lack of economic opportunities. And there are no Orthodox churches in most of the Ozarks. Perhaps though if I had the money I would buy some sort of small cabin there I could use as a retreat. Both for pleasure, and in preparation for a doomsday scenario.

The states and cities:

I looked into Johnson City a couple of years ago, and found the area is about 90% white.

I also looked into their political makeup. I found a website that takes a variety of metrics, which they combine to calculate an overall rating. The rating is displayed on a bar, that goes from liberal on the left side, to conservative on the right.

The Johnson City area is so conservative that their rating number put them way off to the right of the bar. That's right, they were off the charts!

I looked them up again after the scamdemic to see about vaccination rates, and they were much lower than most of the country.

Also, the cost of living is quite low there.

Kalispell and Coeur'd'Alene are full of Californians too (and priced accordingly). When I was there I thought I was back in CA.
(I take rural Walmart in Tennessee over that). Chattanooga is a traffic hellhole, though, and their stuck up Whole Foods required muzzles well after everyone else had dropped them, it has liberal coastal city vibes.

If someone thinks it's hard to integrate into New England good luck integrating into Alabama...

Ozarks has pretty normal and friendly people, not many drug addicts, despite stereotypes promoted by silly movies, but it's ticks central and those ticks carry Rocky Mountain Fever, a very unpleasant disease. It probably got most ticks in the country. You can not use woods in summer. I used to have a place there, its very safe and no addicts, unless you pick your house next to that one drug house, which is going to be obvious.
In the Ozarks people are friendlier than in the Appalachia and are more used to transplants.

I didn't feel that Ozarks were isolating, and I was 3 hours from any "city", though mountain roads are mostly slow driving until you get to the bigger road, but I don't care about the whole modern life and city thing either. Ozarks are just right in terms of isolation, it's not like bush living in Alaska. They say Ozarks is good for prepping but one needs A/C a lot, its crazy hot, so there is grid dependence, or have to run genny all day if all goes under but genny needs fuel and what if there is no fuel to buy?

Knoxville is where that white couple got tortured and killed over their race, by the way. Once in the hills and away from city it's all 100% safe and white, though, and very peaceful and scenic. Don't see a reason to visit Knoxville from the hills other that to buy organic food, but can stock up once a month. Anyone who comes from the city to mess around the hills will be dealt with, year those "poor walmart people" got tons of ammo, are good shots and are ready to take on anything.

Last edited:
Kalispell and Coeur'd'Alene are full of Californians too (and priced accordingly). When I was there I thought I was back in CA.
(I take rural Walmart in Tennessee over that).

For sure. And covid just made it worse. This summer was the first time I watched a California stereotype stand on the street at lunchtime, with his airpods in, holding a small dog and talking very loudly into his phone about CDA real estate. His very young and attractive wife just stood in the shade in her pretty dress, looking bored.

What I see in CDA and Kalispell though, is that the money is around the lake. You really don't interact with the Californians like you would in Boise. The Boise Cali types are families with small kids. These are the demographics turning states blue, despite what they may tell you.

I shared a fire this summer with a family who had fled California and were currently camping out until they could find a house to buy. He said his first day of showings he nearly had a panic attack that all the garages were left open and that kids bikes were all over lawns. He even asked his realtor if he should go mention to the owners that their garage was open. His realtor said, "no, absolutely not. Its better to try and blend in here for as long as possible. Although I've sold to many California families in the neighborhood, its still best if you just keep politics out of your conversations for as long as you can".

In the end, as much as this couple had the right idea, it was just another liberal moving to a free state and will vote liberal regardless. His wife sealed that deal when she said, "I am just mostly concerned about the public schools here. I want to make sure our daughters have a good education, and I just don't think Idaho has that". When asked further, she was just worried about the girls becoming 'rednecks'. For the record, Idaho rednecks are some of the best people there is, similar to BC hippy/rednecks.

Back