Fewer forums/sub-forums

Renzy

Heirloom
One suggestion I have would be to decrease the number of forums on CiK. I think having so many forums + sub-forums has spread out the comments and threads so much that it seems like the overall engagement on the site is lower and less active than it truly is. Just counting on the main splash page and I'm seeing 32 main forums with many of those have sub-forums beneath them (eg Entertainment -> Humor, Music, Flim).

I recall on RVF, Roosh coalescing a number of the forums over the years and then only creating a new forum when a topic became so active that it was crowding out other threads. I thought it did help to encourage user engagement.

Just my .02 and I appreciate all the work the mods and others have put into running CiK.

To me there is only the New Posts link. I am mostly oblivious to the fact there are multiple sub forums. If I want to see all the posts, I can turn off the Show Unread Only feature.

This is where there's probably a difference in how each user interacts with the forum and my perspective is influenced by how I tend to browse topics. That being said, I sometimes get the sense that having so many forums tends to make for less discussion overall because dialogue tends to get siloed.

Back