Favorite Hymns

GodfatherPartTwo

Protestant
Heritage
Colossians 3:16: Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, with all wisdom teaching and admonishing one another with psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with gratefulness in your hearts to God. 17And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him.

2 Timothy 1:12: For this reason I also suffer these things, but I am not ashamed; for I know whom I have believed and I am convinced that He is able to guard what I have entrusted to Him until that day.

1 Peter 1:10: Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, made careful searches and inquiries, 11inquiring to know what time or what kind of time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He was predicting the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been declared to you through those who proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look.

1 Peter 1:10: Concerning this salvation, the prophets, who prophesied of the grace that would come to you, made careful searches and inquiries, 11inquiring to know what time or what kind of time the Spirit of Christ within them was indicating as He was predicting the sufferings of Christ and the glories to follow. 12It was revealed to them that they were not serving themselves, but you, in these things which now have been declared to you through those who proclaimed the gospel to you by the Holy Spirit sent from heaven—things into which angels long to look.

I didn't know this was by Wesley. It does have a distinctly British sound now that I am aware of it. I suppose it stands out more when sang with an English accent. I have had this song on my mind and found myself humming it more than once.

What was that song you pointed out to me once? The One, I think?

I didn't know this was by Wesley. It does have a distinctly British sound now that I am aware of it. I suppose it stands out more when sang with an English accent. I have had this song on my mind and found myself humming it more than once.

What was that song you pointed out to me once? The One, I think?
One Day, it's a Baptist hymn. One of my favorites.

Trinity Hymnal tweaks one line in And Can It Be. Original says He bled for Adam's helpless race. Trinity version says He bled for all His chosen race. Universal vs particular redemption and all that.

This is one of my favorites. Here's another I really like. The funny thing is that I know this hymn to another melody. The one I know also has a regal sound to it, but when I searched for a video I only found this version.

I have heard this before, and it is great as well

This hymn is usually set to two melodies. This one is known as the Diadem melody. I am also more used to the Coronation melody:

How come the youtube links I am posting make videos that are not available?

How come the youtube links I am posting make videos that are not available?
I get this with about half the youtube videos posted on here. It's just a black rectangle that says "must watch on youtube". You don't even get a title or any indication what it is. Other videos show normally. I assume it has something to do with ads, but I don't know how to tell which will do it.

Here's a hymn I like, called "In the Garden".

Edit: Ha! This one is a black rectangle on my phone. It had an ad before playing on Youtube, but I'm still not sure if that's the only determining factor.

I get this with about half the youtube videos posted on here. It's just a black rectangle that says "must watch on youtube". You don't even get a title or any indication what it is. Other videos show normally. I assume it has something to do with ads, but I don't know how to tell which will do it.

Here's a hymn I like, called "In the Garden".

Edit: Ha! This one is a black rectangle on my phone. It had an ad before playing on Youtube, but I'm still not sure if that's the only determining factor.

I sang this Sunday at Church. It's becoming one of my favorites

Edit: Here's another. This reminds me of my departed wife.

Last edited:
Back