• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Famous Protestants

@Robin Williams is the administrative test account to check the setup for male users. Since the female test account is @Mrs. Doubtfire, Robin Williams seemed appropriate for the male test account. But I suspected Robin Williams would be some type of new atheist. But, to my surprise, he was a casual probably mostly lapsed Protestant. It's not really trolling. Just surprised that could be in any way considered Protestant.

One famous Irish Protestant is James Nesbitt -

Nany nany.

Nany? Do you mean Nanoo nanoo?

Also, Robin Williams killed himself, right?
I didn't even realize what was meant by nany nany! You're correct it was nanoo nanoo. This stuff is from when I was about 13, which is a long time ago!

Sadly, he did kill himself. I understand he had crippling depression. Some people have it so bad that life is agony. I know suicide is a sin. It's murdering a living human being, who just happens to be yourself. However, I wonder if God might be able to forgive people that have depression that severe. Of course it also depends on whether he was saved, which we don't know.

I know I'm late and that this is basically a troll thread, but I heard about Robin a while ago. Never watched many of his movies, but my father was talking about Dead Poets Society for weeks now. I've been whistling his overture whistle to the point of annoyance from family members.

I don't want to talk about the guy who I barely knew about, but I am a bit touched by his biography, as a guy with some family members who have terrible dementia.

In an essay published in the journal Neurology two years after his death, Schneider revealed that the pathology of Lewy body disease in Williams was described by several doctors as among the worst pathologies they had seen. She described the early symptoms of his disease as beginning in October 2013. Williams's initial condition included a sudden and prolonged spike in fear and anxiety, stress and insomnia, which worsened in severity to include memory loss, paranoia, and delusions. According to Schneider, "Robin was losing his mind and he was aware of it ... He kept saying, 'I just want to reboot my brain.'
(off Wikipedia)

The Lord gives His memoriest battles to His... well that's probably not worth talking or joking about.

Sadly, he did kill himself. I understand he had crippling depression. Some people have it so bad that life is agony. I know suicide is a sin. It's murdering a living human being, who just happens to be yourself. However, I wonder if God might be able to forgive people that have depression that severe. Of course it also depends on whether he was saved, which we don't know.
Sometimes "snuffing it" is the only choice your brain can think of, like Alex after hearing Beethoven, post-treatment in A Clockwork Orange. Doesn't help he had some of the worst dementia known to man. It's part of His plan. In the words of a police officer from Brazil: "I just make the holes, it's God who kills." The same way He decides who is or isn't saved.

Sadly, he did kill himself. I understand he had crippling depression.
As I recall, it was mostly to due with the stress of divorce from his ex-wife.
Stefan Molyneux did a great long video about it... seems it has been scrubbed from youtube but it was quite detailed. As someone with 3 close friends currently suffering rather heavily from their ex-wives, it's not something I'll soon forget.

Back