• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Did Pope Francis Allow Priests to Bless Same-Sex Relationships?

Respectfully asking if any Catholic members can explain what this means for church teaching? I understand the pope also made some positive comments recently on the gender confused.

Respectfully asking if any Catholic members can explain what this means for church teaching? I understand the pope also made some positive comments recently on the gender confused.
Nothing good. He's been saying a lot of nonsense for a while but lately he's been putting it into action. He has a lot of power, and that does not just mean the ability to speak "ex cathedra" and create new dogmas. He gets to change a lot of church policies and fire priests he doesn't like. He also cracks down aggressively on the latin mass, which was the only part of the catholic church that was attracting the lost youth and generaly growing in members rather than declining.

Last edited:
The new document apparently reaffirms that "irregular" unions ie. fornicators, adulterers, homos, are sinful.

This document allows those in these unions to receive blessings, which doesn't mean that the unions themselves are blessed as I understand it. Obviously this seems like another step on a slippery slope.

The future of the church is traditional, we have to pray and wait for a new Pope it seems.

What I heard is that in Catholic churches, if you visit as a non-Catholic you can't receive communion but you can receive a blessing from a priest. I'm assuming that this blessing would be basically on the same level as a active fornicator or homosexual would receive - ie. basically anyone can get one regardless of what their spiritual state is.

What I heard is that in Catholic churches, if you visit as a non-Catholic you can't receive communion but you can receive a blessing from a priest. I'm assuming that this blessing would be basically on the same level as a active fornicator or homosexual would receive - ie. basically anyone can get one regardless of what their spiritual state is.
Individual blessings are different than the sacramental blessings. In the Catholic Church, a marriage is a sacramental act.

I don't see how it's possible to bless same sex unions.

Heck my priest even jokingly called my wife and I heathens ( who got legally married during COVID then had to pause due to Church shutdowns ECT) until we were baptized and then had the sacramental ceremony.

This Pope is a heretic and the pious Catholics I know are very very upset.

When I first saw the story, I remember that the priests were allowed to bless gay relationships, under the caveat that they do not elevate homosexual relationships to the level of heterosexual relationships. I would call that a distinction without a difference but here we are.

I'm glad our Christian friends have so much interest in the Catholic church. 🙂

With the general manosphere youtube algotithims in operation, I regularly watch Pints with Aquinas and Dr Taylor Marshall. Perhaps I am more aware of the shenanigans in the Roman See since Obama got his pope installed than most Roman Catholics.

Do not insult other Churches
Perhaps not Biblical what the Pope has done. (Clearly not Biblical but I let him and Vatican explain what they meant by it)
Equally to our local LARP-ers in ROCOR - it is also again the Bible that the head of your church (former KGB-operator, "patriarch" Kyril) blesses weapons that are used to kill fellow (orthodox) Christians in Georgia (in 2007) and in Ukraine (2014-present).
Sure, you worry about one statement from the Pope.
The hypocrisy of some of you here is astonishing.

Priorities, man...priorities!

Perhaps not Biblical what the Pope has done. (Clearly not Biblical but I let him and Vatican explain what they meant by it)
Equally to our local LARP-ers in ROCOR - it is also again the Bible that the head of your church (former KGB-operator, "patriarch" Kyril) blesses weapons that are used to kill fellow (orthodox) Christians in Georgia (in 2007) and in Ukraine (2014-present).

Who mentioned ROCOR?

WhatsApp Image 2023-06-04 at 8.22.11 PM.jpeg

I am always quite cautious taking lay apologists and especially YouTube personalities at face value in their interpretations. Truly fair assessments are often incompatible with the algorithms.

Why not read the actual document?

I am currently inquiring into Orthodoxy, but I have been Catholic all my life, so I think I have a place in this discussion.

While I commend your efforts to encourage objectivity, this pope has made it so that transgenders can be baptized without repenting (that means a man receiving the sacrament with lipstick, a dress and a wig on), and he has many times done various things to support homosexuality in the church, such as protecting priests who commit sodomy from receiving the appropriate consequences. I don't think people should be expected to read a big official document before feeling a bit skeptical of his decisions on matters related to LGTV nonsense.

I really don't see how blessing two sodomites could ever possibly not be the same thing as endorsing their "union". We can ask a priest to bless pretty much anything, because blessings are always good. A tradesman can ask a priest to bless his tools. I can ask a priest to bless my garden. I can even ask a priest to bless a weapon, as long as the priest is not personally opposed to doing so, because this way I would be asking God to ensure that the weapon is not used in anger or for evil. But can I ask a priest to bless a dildo or a line of cocaine? How about abortion pills? I am no theologian, but I think not. You cannot bless things that are inherently sinful and satanic. That's just ridiculous on its face.

Last edited:
Back