Cover Songs Thread

I don't know how many people here are Brazilian/speak Portuguese (@God's lonely asperger I'm looking at YOU)/like Wes Anderson films, BUT after the film 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou' in 2004, Seu Jorge released a whole album from the film soundtrack, of him doing acoustic David Bowie covers, mostly from 'Ziggy Stardust.'

His 'Ziggy Stardust' cover is my personal favourite.

Last edited:
As a young 4th-grader in the mid-80's, all the girls my age loved this song...no idea at the time that it was from 1967 by Tommy James & the Shondells (they of Hanky-Panky fame).

I don't know how many people here are Brazilian/speak Portuguese (@God's lonely asperger I'm looking at YOU)/like Wes Anderson films, BUT after the film 'The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou' in 2004, Seu Jorge released a whole album from the film soundtrack, of him doing acoustic David Bowie covers, mostly from 'Ziggy Stardust.'

His 'Ziggy Stardust' cover is my personal favourite.

proxy-image3.webp
Seu Jorge is the most played thing ever here. You can not see a barbecue without one of his songs playing. It's weird listening to translations of the songs since I've heard some of them a lot, in English.

I was about to post the cover ban can see @Nordwand has already posted the original elsewhere..

The first two stanzas, including the chorus -

Bittida en morgon innan solen upprann
Innan foglarna började sjunga
Bergatrollet friade till fager ungersven
Hon hade en falskeliger tunga

Herr Mannelig herr Mannelig trolofven I mig
För det jag bjuder så gerna
I kunnen väl svara endast ja eller nej
Om I viljen eller ej:

Cover from In Extremo :

Back