• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Contacting Priests

Raskolnikov

Orthodox
Heritage
I wondered if any of you might know of priests who offer their email address or something like that online for spiritual advice. I like my priest, but he is an elderly Romanian man and not fully attuned to the problems of Westernized young people, and rather preoccupied with giving pastoral care to our overgrown parish.
I heard Fr Turbo and Abbot Tryphon sometimes discuss emails they've gotten from Orthodox believers, but they don't seem to have online contact details on their websites.

I imagine probably that info is available if you go hunting, but I don't think it should necessarily be banded about on forums because I imagine if their contact is on parish websites etc its there for parishoners and prospective parishoners rather than randoms on the internet. It would be good if we could get a priest on this forum though.

If I may ask what makes you feel your priest is not attuned to the problems of Western young people?

If you feel your priest isn’t able to fully help you with modern problems, it might be good for you to do some trips to neighboring parishes or even monasteries to build a connection with a different priest who can help you.

Unfortunately, I would imagine that it’s hard to do all of this online, since many priests are very busy and aren’t as able to adopt new spiritual children whom they haven’t met before.

With that said, some priests are actually semi-online on Twitter, like Fr John Whiteford. Also, Fr Joseph of “moving to Russia” blog has email consultations but I believe you must pay.

I wondered if any of you might know of priests who offer their email address or something like that online for spiritual advice. I like my priest, but he is an elderly Romanian man and not fully attuned to the problems of Westernized young people, and rather preoccupied with giving pastoral care to our overgrown parish.
I heard Fr Turbo and Abbot Tryphon sometimes discuss emails they've gotten from Orthodox believers, but they don't seem to have online contact details on their websites.
I don't know Fr Turbo's direct email address but you should be able to find out how to reach him via the parish website:

I don't know Fr Turbo's direct email address but you should be able to find out how to reach him via the parish website:

Yeah I saw that, but they are also more the "come around in person" sort of place. I saw that there's a Western Rite monastery of ROCOR relatively close to where I live, so I think I might just go there on the weekend.

Yeah I saw that, but they are also more the "come around in person" sort of place. I saw that there's a Western Rite monastery of ROCOR relatively close to where I live, so I think I might just go there on the weekend.
Fr Turbo had spiritual children in far-flung locations. If you can get hold of him I don't doubt he would try to help. He doesn't require people to turn up to his parish in order to speak to them.

Back