Christianity In The USA

By the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, yes. The men themselves were not inerrant, they were "carried along" by the Holy Spirit.

And now you know how Apostolic succession has been working for the past 2000 years.
The Apostles also wrote the Scriptures in order to correct those bishops when they fell into error.

Absolutely, to protect the flock from potential false prophets, just as Christ commanded.

Scripture always take precedence over the word of men, but translating and interpreting Scripture is very difficult because it is a foreign text almost 2000 years old.

And now you know how Apostolic succession has been working for the past 2000 years.
It depends on who you're asking. I think we both agree that it isn't working in Rome. For me, Apostolicity is marked by adherence to what the Apostles wrote.

Scripture always take precedence over the word of men, but translating and interpreting Scripture is very difficult because it is a foreign text almost 2000 years old.
Amen, and yes, it can be difficult, but I believe that the Scriptures are able to accomplish what they were set out to accomplish, because they say that they can.

Happy Antonio Banderas GIF

Amen, and yes, it can be difficult, but I believe that the Scriptures are able to accomplish what they were set out to accomplish, because they say that they can.
A cursory study or knowledge of hermeneutics shows that without a guide for what is written, there is no way you could know if you were doing it right (understanding it). Even the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint) requires knowledge of the thought process or worldview of semitic peoples, being more reliable than the Masoretic Text. Just in that statement one can see how complex this whole issue is.

Even the Greek Old Testament (Septuagint) requires knowledge of the thought process or worldview of semitic peoples, being more reliable than the Masoretic Text.
Wouldn't the Masoretic Text be more useful for tapping into the Semitic worldview?

I'll be honest, the Masoretic Text vs Septuagint debate is way overblown. The Masoretic Text was vindicated big time by the Dead Sea Scrolls. Not absolutely, but enough to show that there wasn't a huge conspiracy to change the text, outside of a handful of exceptions. Moreover, it's not like anyone's building a huge point of theology off of any of the textual variants anyway.

If someone wants to default with the Septuagint, that's fine. Just recognize that the New Testament itself is not always quoting from the Septuagint, though it does rely on the Septuagint far more. The same goes for anyone who would shun the Septuagint and pretend that the Masoretic Text was what the Apostles were always quoting from.

Anyone who thinks Jesus is talking about the Lord's Supper in John 6 is already approaching that text with the Sacrament in mind. He hadn't instituted the Lord's Supper yet. He defines eating and drinking as coming to Him and believing in Him in verse 35.
As someone else has mentioned, that the Eucharist had not yet been established does not preclude Christ from alluding to it. He alluded to many, many things that would yet come to pass, this would not be an exception. Following that line of reasoning you would then, for example, have to make the argument that Christ never referred to the Resurrection before he had been crucified.

The other point I would make is that even if you make a connection between verses 53 and 35 (And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst), which is not unreasonable, that doesn't really place a full stop on the interpretation and context. You can have multiple verses related to the same one and one verse can have more than one meaning. Even more explicitly you have Mark 14 verses 22 to 24: And as they were eating, he took bread, and after blessing it broke it and gave it to them, and said, “Take; this is my body.” And he took a cup, and when he had given thanks he gave it to them, and they all drank of it. And he said to them, “This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many.” Here Christ is referring to His body and His blood explicitly in connection to the Eucharistic offering. John 6:35 doesn't actually even mention His body or His blood. Would you not agree that Mark 14:22-24 is connected to John 6:53?

As someone else has mentioned, that the Eucharist had not yet been established does not preclude Christ from alluding to it. He alluded to many, many things that would yet come to pass, this would not be an exception.
Sure, but there's nothing in John 6 that even mentions the Eucharist.

Following that line of reasoning you would then, for example, have to make the argument that Christ never referred to the Resurrection before he had been crucified.
John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this sanctuary, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this sanctuary, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21But He was speaking about the sanctuary of His body. 22So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.
See the difference?

John 6:35 doesn't actually even mention His body or His blood. Would you not agree that Mark 14:22-24 is connected to John 6:53?
I think John 6:53 is more connected to John 6:35 than Mark 14:22-24.

Have a good Lord's Day.

Sure, but there's nothing in John 6 that even mentions the Eucharist.
We were discussing how you would interpet Christ's reference to His body and blood, which is mentioned in John 6.

John 2:19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this sanctuary, and in three days I will raise it up.” 20The Jews then said, “It took forty-six years to build this sanctuary, and will You raise it up in three days?” 21But He was speaking about the sanctuary of His body. 22So when He was raised from the dead, His disciples remembered that He said this; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had spoken.
See the difference?

So we agree that Christ can refer to things that have not yet come to pass (you dismissed the possibility in John 6:53 that Christ could be referencing the Eucharist because the Last Supper had not yet taken place).

I think John 6:53 is more connected to John 6:35 than Mark 14:22-24.

Have a good Lord's Day.
There's not even the beginnings of a rationale in that statement. If you have the will I'd be interested to hear why Mark 14:22-24 is not very connected to John 6:53? How do you intepret Mark 14:22-24? Otherwise have a good Lord's Day yourself.

So we agree that Christ can refer to things that have not yet come to pass (you dismissed the possibility in John 6:53 that Christ could be referencing the Eucharist because the Last Supper had not yet taken place).
Saying Christ knows the future is a different statement than saying John 6 is about the Eucharist. There's nothing in John 6 that tells us it is.

The point of bringing up John 2 was to show you that the text itself tells you Christ was alluding to His Resurrection, something that John 6 does not do with the Eucharist.

If you have the will I'd be interested to hear why Mark 14:22-24 is not very connected to John 6:53? How do you intepret Mark 14:22-24?
I don't deny that Christ institutes the Eucharist in Mark 14, He clearly does. If you come to John 6, and define it's terms by Mark 14, rather than what John 6 says about itself, then you will come to a different conclusion than if you allow John 6 to stand within it's own context.

Can someone educate me on the correct argument for debating those Christians (mainly evangelicals) who continue to preach we must support jews because “they are God’s chosen people”?

It isn’t clear to me and I’m sick of hearing this. I don’t yet have a clear grasp on the counter here.

Thanks in advance?
Iacobus gave you a good link to a good thread that gets into this in depth, but to me it is very obvious from just a cursory reading of the New Testament. At Christ's time, some Jews believed in him and therefore came to be called Christians, but that's semantics. By accepting Christ they were just practicing the same true faith as the Old Testament prophets. With Christ's coming the true faith was opened to non Jews too, so you get St. Paul's teaching about how it doesn't matter if you're a Jew or Greek (non-Jew) anymore.

Other Jews rejected Christ and fought against him and betrayed him. Christ and St. Paul condemned them harshly, calling them children of the father of lies, the synagogue of Satan, and so on. These went on to become the ancestors of modern Judaism, which is almost entirely descended from the Pharisees, the main explicit enemies of Christ in the New Testament.

You don't have to be a Biblical scholar at all to see it. I'm not. In fact, if I'm wrong about any of this, someone please correct me.

The problem is that it's very difficult to bring any of this up with normies because they immediately hear badthink/antisemitism and stop listening.

Screenshot_20231125_195837_Chrome.webp

😆 🤣 😂

I wasn't aware of this - and this is insane.

Cardi B, ghetto illiterate thug whore, arguably one of the greatest representations of the destruction of modern women, 3rd highest paid Only Fans prostitute, horribly foul-mouthed female rapper, shill for Biden and globohomo, and overall distributor of endless filth, identifies as 'christian' and is an 'ordained minister' at the Universal Life Church.

She has several videos where she's preaching about 'god', 'the blood of jesus', etc. It's sad that she's misleading so many young women not only with her lifestyle in general but also by acting as their 'priestess'.

Here is the about me page for the 'church':

Here's Cardi B's landing page for it:

Here is the ridiculous wiki page that describes their 'beliefs and practices':

She's not Christian. She's not a minister. She worships satan, probably without even knowing it. This organization is satanic.

She is an extreme example but a lot of people are worshiping satan, at least on some some level, without even realizing it. Just because someone says they believe in God, or even claims to be Christian, we must ask, what god? What beliefs? We know them by their fruits.

America is an mental asylum when it comes to Christianity. 'Cardi B Christians' are running amuck. Her demonic spirit is palpable in others. Witches and warlocks are teaching children online.

There's a Way to avoid this. I know where I'll be.

Last edited:
Cardi B, ghetto illiterate thug whore, arguably one of the greatest representations of the destruction of modern women, 3rd highest paid Only Fans prostitute, horribly foul-mouthed female rapper, shill for Biden and globohomo, and overall distributor of endless filth, identifies as 'christian' and is an 'ordained minister' at the Universal Life Church.

I understand your suspicion but be careful with your judgements. The Lord beholds every word you make.

Have we not walked in similar ways? Did not the Lord show us mercy? Be therefore merciful, otherwise the Lord may remove his mercy from you.

Back