Chads' Lounge

main-qimg-01753acf417dd3732568c9512974a43e-lq

How do you read the situation?
They utilize prison as a sick game to levy (desired) chaotic punishments that are without any rational assessment of any life or particular situation, let alone any knowledge of the veracity of a charge. I wouldn't bother even having an opinion on it. The world is brutal, yes, but this is also a glimpse into a future of captivity of killing and suicide based on a belief structure that is at best, flawed.

They utilize prison as a sick game to levy (desired) chaotic punishments that are without any rational assessment of any life or particular situation, let alone any knowledge of the veracity of a charge. I wouldn't bother even having an opinion on it. The world is brutal, yes, but this is also a glimpse into a future of captivity of killing and suicide based on a belief structure that is at best, flawed.
I thought you were saying I needed to rethink whether this guy is righteous or not, with you appearing to find him unrighteous.

I don't think it's ever a good thing to dole out "justice" according to one's point of view.
I have read how American soi bois stand around and do nothing when people behave badly in some situations, but in Russia, if someone tried the same thing, all the nearby men would immediately beat the crap out of them.

In frontier towns where government law and order has not taken hold yet, it was common for the men of the town to band together as a posse to track, capture, and hang criminals. In the small town I grew up in, there's a story about a gang of robbers that was terrorizing the area. The robbers were operating out of a canyon outside of town, that is now part of a state park. The town men got a posse together to come after the gang of robbers. The robbers holed up in a cave in that canyon, and the town men blasted the entrance of the cave shut and left the gang inside.

I agree that in many situations, vigilante justice is wrong, even when you are not satisfied with the outcome of the legal process. However, I think there are limits, and vigilante justice can sometimes be justified. I think there comes a time when the legal system can be considered sufficiently corrupt, and an individual case sufficiently egregious, that a man could decide he's willing to go to jail to see the actual criminal put in the ground where he belongs.

It's a grey area, so I can't say I'm certain, but I'm inclined to approve of what this guy has done. I think he was willing to go to jail to kill his sister's rapist, or an any case he found himself there, and then decided he might as well take out some child molesters if he was stuck in there with them.

Last edited:
I have read how American soi bois stand around and do nothing when people behave badly in some situations, but in Russia, if someone tried the same thing, all the nearby men would immediately beat the crap out of them.
This is not an applicable example. Russia culturally has sense so as not to make trouble for people doing the right thing. America, not at all, at least in the big cities - that's a guarantee.
that a man could decide he's willing to go to jail to see the actual criminal put in the ground where he belongs.
I'm surprised I haven't seen more of it, to be honest. I'm just saying while I understand it completely, I don't make a case for it being right, or even the right thing to do from a Christian point of view.

Back