• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

90s thread - The best of the 1990s

Most of the comedians and entertainers a Millennial would've admired growing up were secular or even actively anti-religious. George Carlin's an obvious one, although I was too young to "get" him and when I did, never found him particularly funny.

You're right about Carlin. I used to absolutely love him but a deeper analysis shows how anti-Christian and anti-White western civilization he really was. This video breaks it down perfectly.

George Carlin is one of the times the Early Life technique didn't work for me. I knew he had been raised Catholic but I figured he might have had some Jewish ancestry there's some incidents of mixing between the Catholic and Jewish immigrants that were arriving in the northeast of the US during the late 19th and early 20th century since they were both inhabiting the same areas. Turns out he's fully ethnically Irish. I thought he might been part Jewish since his humor contain many elements that I typically have associated with Jewish humor and entertainment: heavy on sarcasm, mockery, and consists of attacks of the standards of decency of the culture thought there are still forbidden topics, namely attacks on race. Carlin himself specifically said race was one of the topics he refused to make jokes about even though pretty much everything else was fair game for him. I'm reminded a bit of an idea that Roosh had mentioned about how you could be "spiritually a Jew" even without having a ethnics or religious Jewish background if you have the viewpoints and lifestyle that is typically associated with being a Jew. The specific example Roosh had given was an aversion to labor.

I always got 70s classic rock vibes from the guitar riffs in this song from Spacehog (1995 - In the Meantime)

When it came out I thought it sounded like it could've been on the soundtrack for Dazed and Confused, even though it was from the 90s and not the 70s.

aea945e4318ee7fc93bd9e726c6f0192_3696d3e6-c7fc-43dd-bb75-8f4706b880e6_480x.progressive.jpg

I used to love this movie in HS. Even though she just had a bit part in the film, I thought Milla Jovavich was hotter than the sun back then. She actually came out with an album in 90s that was very good, The Divine Comedy:

I used to love this movie in HS. Even though she just had a bit part in the film, I thought Milla Jovavich was hotter than the sun back then. She actually came out with an album in 90s that was very good, The Divine Comedy:

Well, she did save the world with Bruce Willis in 1997 so that's pretty impressive. Bada Big Boom.

Fifth Element 20th anniversary: An oral history | EW.com

You're right about Carlin. I used to absolutely love him but a deeper analysis shows how anti-Christian and anti-White western civilization he really was. This video breaks it down perfectly.

My thing with Carlin is that he helped begin this trend we see today where even among people who like him, they find themselves kind of cheering more than laughing. He did a great job of finding insane and wrong things about the world: he was a masterful critic in that sense, at least for his time. But it came at the cost of providing much joy. It was frequently more political than funny. I can watch Jim Gaffigan or Conan O Brien and, although those guys don't get me thinking much, I smile and laugh far more. Less cerebral, more therapeutic. I remember watching a youtube video of late night hosts during Trumps presidency versus late night hosts 20-30 years ago. This political trend had totally overtaken late night. Liberals who watched late night during Trump's time in office weren't enjoying it because they were funny. They were just cheering alongside somebody who agreed with their views. Conan was the only mainstream host who remained consistently funny.

Melrose Place

I watched this show when it was new. A lot of times, you go back and see something like this, and realize one or more of the young actors turned out to have a long successful career.

I watched this intro, looking to see which of the stars of this show turned out to be big. I think Vanessa Williams is the most well known. None of the rest seemed to really last. I remember liking Courtney Smith quite a bit back in the day, but I haven't heard of her since the 90s.

I watched this show when it was new. A lot of times, you go back and see something like this, and realize one or more of the young actors turned out to have a long successful career.

I watched this intro, looking to see which of the stars of this show turned out to be big. I think Vanessa Williams is the most well known. None of the rest seemed to really last. I remember liking Courtney Smith quite a bit back in the day, but I haven't heard of her since the 90s.

Can you believe Melrose Place ran for SEVEN seasons ?!

Back