Women's Head Coverings In And Out Of Church

follower_of_christ

Heritage
Woman
A few years ago, I felt called to cover my head during certain times of prayer and fasting. I have found that it is a spiritual symbolism of protection and covering for women and that I tend to feel more peaceful during the times when I do cover my head. When I cover my head, I do so all day, even in public. I've never had any reaction whatsoever- positive or negative. In fact, most people seem to not notice that I have a head covering on, which is just fine by me. I feel it's something that Christian women should be doing more often as there are many benefits to it, not just in church. I hope this is a place where we can talk about experiences with head covering, encourage each other to try it, and of course, share fun ways to tie scarves and enjoy the style aspect of it. I'm just now getting into my groove of buying the right scarves for me and learning to tie them the way I like, as well as coordinate them with my outfits.

1 Corinthians 11:2-16​

2 I praise you[a] because you remember me in everything and maintain the traditions just as I passed them on to you. 3 But I want you to know that Christ is the head of every man, and the man is the head of a woman,[b] and God is the head of Christ. 4 Any man who prays or prophesies with his head covered disgraces his head. 5 But any woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered disgraces her head, for it is one and the same thing as having a shaved head. 6 For if a woman will not cover her head, she should cut off her hair. But if it is disgraceful for a woman to have her hair cut off or her head shaved, she should cover her head. 7 For a man should not have his head covered, since he is the image and glory of God. But the woman is the glory of the man. 8 For man did not come from woman, but woman from man. 9 Neither was man created for the sake of woman, but woman for man. 10 For this reason a woman should have a symbol of authority[c] on her head, because of the angels.[d] 11 In any case, in the Lord woman is not independent of man, nor is man independent of woman. 12 For just as woman came from man, so man comes through woman. But all things come from God. 13 Judge for yourselves: Is it proper for a woman to pray to God with her head uncovered? 14 Does not nature[e] itself teach you that if a man has long hair, it is a disgrace for him, 15 but if a woman has long hair, it is her glory? For her hair is given to her for a covering.[f] 16 If anyone intends to quarrel about this, we have no other practice, nor do the churches of God.

When our church was still an OCA mission, only one woman (a young, Greek woman) wore a head covering. After awhile, I felt moved to join her. When I first entered the church and covered up it was as if I was leaving the fallen world outside and preparing to meet the Lord in His holy temple. It really helped me to stay focused during liturgy and to pray. As our church grew over the years more and more ladies chose to do the same, and now all but one or two ladies cover. It has always been optional, a personal choice; no one is forced to or asked to wear one. We are now ROCOR with about 150 attending, and we're made up of mostly converts from other religions and of many varied ethnicities. So it is not an "old lady, ethnic thing, and it only takes one woman to decide to do this and spread this wonderful blessing to the whole parish.

I've wondered about that. If we should cover our heads when we pray, and scripture tell us to "pray unceasingly" Then, really, shouldn't we be covering all the time?
I think so, honestly. It isn't something I've been doing often lately, but would like to change that. One interesting "side effect" of head covering is that I notice my hair is healthier when I keep it covered for longer periods of time. I believe the scarf is protecting the hair from the elements and my hair is thicker and shinier than it is when I don't cover it. Everything God tells us to do has a purpose and is for our good.

Кто то может ответить, как изменить пароль ??
Что я делаю не так?
Прошу помочь.
С уважением.

Back