Weird Things You’ve Noticed

starlight

Protestant
Heritage
Woman
This is a thread to post odd or unusual things that you have noticed.

I’ll go first: Two military fighter jets flew over my house today. Last time I saw them was right before the COVID stuff. Get ready for the Next Big Thing.

Online FB Orthodox women’s groups are full of either extremely misguided women or straight up shills. Common advice is that “divorce is ok (especially over minor things!), shop around for a priest/spiritual father that will tell you what you want to hear, birth control is a-ok/is the priest going to pay my bills, etc” and a general atmosphere of modernism. I honestly have done double-takes to see if I was reading a post from an Orthodox group or from my “Local City Mom’s Group” that has rampant single mother drama and women complaining about their marriages.

Several women have told me Father Kosmas is an “extremist” and not of the Orthodox mindset. He literally quotes and bases his talks off the Saints, countless times he says “Don’t take my word for it”. These talks are part of many churches’ catechisms.

There’s some groups on R3ddit about people who have left the Church and they talk about infiltrating groups like this. I guess it bothers me so much because it’s easy for a newcomer to be misled by these crabs-in-a-bucket types. But for whatever reason, the moderators allow it.

Maybe it’s just a FB thing. I didn’t have one for a while, but Marketplace is still the best place to find used kids stuff :confused:

Synopsis of the movie “Scrambled” debuting next month:

Quintessential eternal bridesmaid Nellie Robinson (Leah McKendrick) constantly finds herself between weddings, baby showers, and bad dates. When she begins to feel like the clock is ticking and is faced with bleak romantic prospects, Nellie decides to freeze her eggs — setting her on an empowering journey to a brave new world where she ultimately discovers “the one” she’s looking for might be herself.

Brave New World here we come…

Some guy wearing VR goggles while charging his electric car, talking to himself and bobbling his head around. Disturbing to see in person, kind of like that one meme of the person sitting on a mattress in an empty room with goggles on. We parked our old diesel truck directly in the other charging spot. Two totally different world views.

Statistically, according to research, the height of female fertility is the age of 24 and the height of male fertility is 29.

@TrainedLogosmotion That's why this system is tiresome. For one, these topics have already been discussed *ad nauseam* on RVF. My downvote was because of the "YOUNG" that you used in your post which is just not accurate.

Edit: Didn't expect so much crying from a downvote... sorry?

Edit 2: What do you think the average is of "late teens to late twenties" lol

Last edited:
@TrainedLogosmotion You're the first person to screenshot my posts, I'm so flattered lol.

Like I already wrote.. this method of communication is tiresome. Sorry you didn't like my downvote. I'll work on a thread addressing male/female fertility rates when I get some time.

Or you could start a thread on this topic in the Coffee House section and I'd be happy to chime in.

Last edited:
@TrainedLogosmotion thanks for proving my point. :)

Also, first period doesn't mean they should get pregnant... geeze... I hate this reference but have you ever owned a female dog? Probably not, otherwise you'd know better. Human females are similar. Anyway... how can we have a real discussion this way. Pigeons would be better...

Last edited:
Back