• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

The Baby Boomer Generation

Caduceus

Heritage
Will remain a relevant topic for many years to come.

01b7949e81cb4185b2cc855b6a126b03.jpg

88e.png

3vk32f.jpg

0.png

One thing I’ve noticed with boomer cons is they’ve been frozen in time. They have a hard time wrapping their head around how the earth is moving. If you are Trad - they see you as a barbarian in one breath but they will denounce the left wing “cult of woke” in the next. They have yet to put one and one together. They still think it’s 1999 and “the woke is the kids” and we can vote em out. Never mind “the kids” are the ones seriously questioning “the cult of woke.” “The constitution is the law of the land” even though activist judges don’t care. “Save your money and work hard” despite inflation punishing savers and hard work being looked down on by those with influence.

Boomer cons think that it’s still their country and theyre the majority and the institutions are still theirs and “the kids” are the problem. The question is how do we get them to see it’s the establishment that’s rotten?

Collapse of their 401ks and housing crash would be the only way ..
While that would make them wake up real quick would hurt me too. I’d take it on the chin if it meant authentic change, but i feel the 401ks would get wiped out, the housing market would crash, and somehow the boomers would still praise their precious institutions and keep voting for them. Boomers gotta boom.

While that would make them wake up real quick would hurt me too. I’d take it on the chin if it meant authentic change, but i feel the 401ks would get wiped out, the housing market would crash, and somehow the boomers would still praise their precious institutions and keep voting for them. Boomers gotta boom.
I guess that's human nature, to cling to familiar things as one gets older. Historically, people open their eyes and rebel when they start going hungry and homeless for real, feeling the cold, not until then.

Many Amerikan boomers are so entitled, 2 year olds' level of maturity. Had them trying to fight me over silly little things, they are feeling entitled to everything, like the world was created to serve their every whim and rotate around them. They notice you are using something that no one wanted and they immediately feel entitled to that and want you to move over asap. It's like toddlers demanding a toy and throwing a fit.

Another thread here says millenials never grew up, well boomers haven't grown up either

I'm critical of boomers but good to remember, often times you know what you were taught. And you don't know what you weren't taught.

And boomers didn't grow up with the internet.

With a young son I find myself struggling to teach him things every father should teach his son. I basically have to teach myself. This is because my dad never taught me. Actually weird to think back on it, that he is an incredibly mechanical person- can fix anything, successful investor, socially came across as captivating to others, but never taught either of his sons how to change a tire, replace a spark plug, etc.

From what I've been told over the years his father was a cold person. The stoic type that was common at that time. Ex-military. Ruthless. Died relatively young. So something I'll say is I don't think many boomers had anything approaching a warm relationship with their parents growing up, and didn't really know how to teach their own kids. Or have relationships with them.

But maybe that's just my experience.

I can't contemplate the lack of growth in Boomers. They stay in their ways, perhaps more than anyone else. What made them so repetitive? Because my dad is similar to others who weren't taught anything by their dads and he had no patience with his sons when he did try to teach something. I'm a father and I feel like I have loads of patience and keep developing as a father, learning to take better care of my child and working hard to make them feel loved. My parents never changed their parenting and were as hands off as possible. I think their 'stuck in a rut' style of thinking and lack of change has contributed to some of the downfall of the nation under their watch.

Also, an anecdote about the differences between economic opportunity. My uncle is Italian and he immigrated to the US as a teenager with his parents. He eventually got a job as a janitor at a big corporation that employed loads of people in my local city. To this day he can't read or write English, his wife took care of all of that. On a janitor salary he was able to own a nice suburban home, buy big screen TVs, put in an inground pool, own dozens of guns, own a boat, own a second waterfront home (his wife was a cook at the same corporation, I believe). He was also a butcher for a time in his youth and this gave him a lifelong habit of always having the biggest steaks I've ever seen on a regular basis. The guy ate so many expensive cuts of meat most of his life. He's also always been overweight and dependent on medication most of his adult life, but his insurance paid for it all. He retired and lives in a nice condo in an expensive part of Miami. He was able to buy it as a steal because he moved down there before everyone thought of buying property in Florida.

Anyway, this is all because he grew up in the most prosperous period of time in America that is long long gone, probably forever. Never again will some unskilled person who can't even read/write be able to own so much and live prosperously. And for what? One of his kids was insanely obese all his life and died early. His other kid disowned him because my uncle was such a pompous asshole. He now lives alone (wife died, she was also super obese and unhealthy all her life) and watches Fox News all day every day in his nice condo. Where is the legacy? Where is the knowledge and wisdom and wealth to pass down to the next generation? He randomly bought a $1,700 pistol the other day. His hands are so huge he can't even fire guns, but he still goes out and buys expensive items. This has been a rant, but I hope it has been illustrative of some of the grasshopper behavior of the boomers and what we as a nation have lost.

I'm critical of boomers but good to remember, often times you know what you were taught. And you don't know what you weren't taught.

And boomers didn't grow up with the internet.

With a young son I find myself struggling to teach him things every father should teach his son. I basically have to teach myself. This is because my dad never taught me. Actually weird to think back on it, that he is an incredibly mechanical person- can fix anything, successful investor, socially came across as captivating to others, but never taught either of his sons how to change a tire, replace a spark plug, etc.

From what I've been told over the years his father was a cold person. The stoic type that was common at that time. Ex-military. Ruthless. Died relatively young. So something I'll say is I don't think many boomers had anything approaching a warm relationship with their parents growing up, and didn't really know how to teach their own kids. Or have relationships with them.

But maybe that's just my experience.

I find myself in similar moods when I think about my struggles as a father. I feel like I spent 10,000 hours on each item of manhood, after becoming a man. Things that should have been taught and made normal during my adolescence years. Instead I was studying how to be a better man, how to navigate career politics, business, running my home, finding a wife and finally becoming a father. I refuse to place blame, and I have to acknowledge my dad's brutal childhood. He was raised in a shack with a lot of siblings, grinding poverty, alcoholic and violent father and a mom who passed away not too long after giving birth to her 7th child. Dad was a man's man. He had to learn everything just to stay alive. He fought every step of his life, for everything he ever gained. But in the end, he didn't pass this grit down to me and my siblings.

My mom's father was the opposite. A war veteran. A farmer, a heavy duty mechanic, a machinist. He had lumber mills hidden away from the Canadian government lumber monopoly. He was active in his local church, and was a school board trustee who would keep meetings running late into the night in order to push back the communists who had taken root during and after WW2. He taught all his many sons how to do everything. Including love and show affection. Moms huge family still boasts more happiness among themselves than any other family I have ever met.

Boomers come in all different shapes and sizes. Some of the greatest people I know are boomers, and some of the most ridiculously lost people I know are also boomers. I often wonder how me (oldest millennial) and my cohorts would have fared in such prosperous times. So many of my peers are on antidepressants. Many have no children. Some have drug addictions that will kill them sooner rather than later. I know others that never made anything of themselves as they stand to inherit millions from their boomer parents, so instead coast along waiting for a payday that likely won't come until they themselves are too old for that money to mean anything.

In the end, boomers raised what will probably go down as being the softest generation in history. The reflection of that should mean more than anything else.

Boomers come in all different shapes and sizes. Some of the greatest people I know are boomers, and some of the most ridiculously lost people I know are also boomers. I often wonder how me (oldest millennial) and my cohorts would have fared in such prosperous times. So many of my peers are on antidepressants. Many have no children. Some have drug addictions that will kill them sooner rather than later. I know others that never made anything of themselves as they stand to inherit millions from their boomer parents, so instead coast along waiting for a payday that likely won't come until they themselves are too old for that money to mean anything
This this this. Remember, they were the boom, big time population, and then the behavioral sink (I still haven't made my post). But that also came at the same time as increasing prosperity, though they act like it wasn't, because of course everyone has to work hard in life - you can't escape it. What they don't have is calibration, and most people are not very good as critical thinkers, even some of the smart ones. I've noticed those smart ones who can think fine are upended by social movements and don't discern principle; it could be they aren't willing to stand up, ultimately, to the principle or perceive to great a social cost of doing so. I have relatives like this, and the characteristics they demonstrate are more on the level of caring too much about what others think, getting along, and while they have respect for religious faith, it's just something you do on Sunday or Holidays. Maybe I'm not as different as I think, but I've noticed as I've gotten older they didn't "grow up" the way I thought they would, so to speak. What's more, older people, since most people revert to average(s), don't care to think about things the way those around here do. They just wanna keep going and not suffer, it's pretty simple.

I've come to realize that most people, and it's an overwhelming majority, are not concerned at all with things that don't directly affect them or are in their sphere. They'll offer opinions on things, but they will be mostly meaningless, or just rehashing what others say in the mainstream. Another sign of a gynocentric society. They suffer more from material discomforts, while those around here suffer from the ramifications of seeing things in some fashion accurately (in this clown world), while the crowd is playing the stupid games for stupid prizes. What's funny is that a lot of us found out how to make money in the dumb game and just don't care about it as much, even though we chase it - but just to escape the inputs of control that clown world has, not to glorify it.

Between @jaguarcat @Rainy @thinkreadwritecode and @Laner you guys answered a lot of the BQ. Great writing, analysis, and storytelling. I feel like I know a lot of the characters, situations, and family dynamics you have all described.

In summation, many Boomers didn't have good childhoods and therefore they weren't the greatest parents. Money became the center of their lives and during their time (1970's & 1980's) there was plenty of money to be had. New money has a way of changing the DNA of most people. Going from zero to hero financially leads most people down the paths of greed, gluttony, pride, lust, and envy. Selfishness and obsession with personal "growth," achievement, and "status" ensues, and the first thing to get neglected in this exciting newfound identity are children and spouses.

A lot of the downfall of America over the last 60 years can be traced to fame and its pursuit. Secretly, most humans would like to be the center of attention all of the time. They would like everyone to look at them, to listen to them, to admire them, to respect them, to agree with them, and to give them large sums of money just for existing. When Elvis, The Beatles, and Bob Dylan hit big, an entire generation witnessed the power of mega-fame for the first time. This set off a secret, unconscious fame race in the hearts and minds of most Boomers. However, unlike today, there were very few fame slots available within the public's collective consciousness in the late 1950's and early 1960's, and so most Boomers reluctantly accepted their anonymous fate. Begrudgingly, they silently embarked upon mundane lives of normalcy which bred tremendous amounts of resentment and self-loathing. This self-hatred was eventually projected outward towards society, religion, their children, and their families.

Boomers don't have self loathing as it won't even come up in their pee sized minds. This thread seems to be almost completely USA-sided and forgets that the boomers in Europe or Aus/NZ are just as bad or even worse in the selfishness aspect. What we're seeing now around the west is the boomers resisting to go out without a fight. They want to take the whole thing with them and they will gladly sacrifice their children and grandchildren's futures (whatever is left) for it. Look around; all the ones in charge are still boomers, these people are the biggest sell outs of all time in human history. And no, they didn't "have it hard", their parents did.

What we're seeing now around the west is the boomers resisting to go out without a fight. They want to take the whole thing with them and they will gladly sacrifice their children and grandchildren's futures (whatever is left) for it.
Correct. This fits the same lack of critical analysis, selfishness and crystallized thinking and justification that most humans do. Once they turn 60 it gets worse, since their bodies breaking down will absolutely incent them to create reasons why they are entitled to get what "the deserve." Remember, the reasons people in other countries might not do this is because they've never seen the wealth, don't have an expectation for it, and if they complained, they'd get laughed at anyway.

When Elvis, The Beatles, and Bob Dylan hit big, an entire generation witnessed the power of mega-fame for the first time.
I have to nitpick this one point.

There were tons and tons of massive mega-famous people long before these guys.

The mass media of cinema and radio goes back to the 1890s. But even before that, guys like Napoleon were mega-famous. And regionally, you could have the same level of consciousness-penetration among that group by being in a position of importance, or utilizing the printing press, etc etc.

@Laner

To add a thought to the whole "boomers not passing on knowledge" theme here.

My dad tried to teach me what he knew, so I have no beef there. However, I also feel pressed by the burden of having to learn (seemingly) everything from the ground up... because either our institutions have become so corrupted OR the internet showed they were always lying. So food, hygiene, history, even something as simple as buying a fucking t-shirt have become the equivalent of a multi-year degree.

No joke about the t-shirt. There are zero stores where I live that sell 100% cotton or 100% wool shirts. None. And online you have to search and search and read and read to determine if there are some Zog synthetics clogging up my pores, stopping my skin from breathing, and catching the dead skin to fester. Then after you do that research you still get some clothes that sneak in 1-2% of nylon or polyester.

Our boomer parents couldn't teach us about this because in their day when they went to Sears or The Bay or Macy's to buy a t-shirt or jeans, they were 100% cotton. Boots were leather. For heaven's sakes, McDonalds sold you a grass-fed burger with local farmer potatoes fried in tallow and a shake made out of real ice cream -- it was practically health food compared to now.

Everything, literally everything, requires personal mastery of the subject because nothing and no one can be trusted.

And that gets conflated with the boomers, who had something to do with it, for sure, but only part of the whole problem.

To land this plane...

It's nearing Christmas. That time of year we like treats with hazelnuts in them. In our house we decided to have a modest year-end, so started looking into making all the treats at home. I began reading about gianduja, the famous northern Italian blend of hazelnuts and chocolate.

It originally started being made when the Italian chocolatiers couldn't get a steady supply of cocoa, so they started cutting it with some ground hazelnuts to make a paste or butter. It was a little regional thing until it started taking hold in the public consciousness and began to have brands run with it.

The two most famous brands are Nutella and Ferrero Rocher.

Both started by Michele Ferrero, a silent generation businessman. And what was Ferrero's big innovation that took him from being the son of a humble baker in Alba to owning the second largest confectionary company in Europe?

Adding PALM OIL to the formerly two-ingredient (basically healthy) gianduja paste.

And who latched on to Nutella and especially Ferrero Rocher as a Christmas treat? Our parents in the 1980s.

Wild.

Last edited:
I have to nitpick this one point.

There were tons and tons of massive mega-famous people long before these guys.

The mass media of cinema and radio goes back to the 1890s. But even before that, guys like Napoleon were mega-famous.
In hindsight there were some points I was trying to make that could have been clearer. There were of course super famous people (Lindbergh, Earhart, Buzz Aldrin, Marilyn Monroe, Babe Ruth, etc.), but they were unicorns amongst society and that level of fame didn't seem achievable for most. But when thousands of young girls screamed in unison for The Beatles at Shea Stadium and millions of young Boomer men could see it on TV it was a next level thing. When the bad singer, amateur level guitar player, and physically ugly jew Bob Dylan was swimming in throngs of young ladies in the early 60's it gave millions of young Boomer men hope. "Even if you're ugly, learn to strum three chords and you too can be rich and famous and sleep with most beautiful women in the world!" This level of globally televised fame in some ways gave birth to Boomer dreams (Steve Jobs, etc.) but in another way it was also the birth of extreme modern day hypergamy. "If you ain't in a rock'n roll band or up on the silver screen, you ain't gettin' no girls." And so what changed was that more men started pursuing different types of fame (business, sports, writing, acting, singing, playing an instrument, etc.) because it seemed more achievable and accessible to the average Joe than ever before. But it ain't as easy as it looks and so millions of Boomer's "real" dreams were crushed. This resulted in untold amounts of bitterness, resentment, depression, and feelings of being "ripped off" by life.

This kind of ties into @RedLagoon's point above about Boomers wanting to "take everyone down with them" on their decline... This would make sense, because "misery loves company."

Honestly looking back at the past couple of years, I think boomers get an unfair amount of hate.

Boomers are still the last vestiges of functioning society. They have the skills, work-ethic and discipline to "keep the lights on". And whether we like to admit it or not, once they're gone, the country goes with them. Gen X, is too small to fill the gap and millennial are too fractured and indebted to create a cohesive class structure again.

They were the first victims of the fed's psychological war against the American people. Are they ignorant? Yes and they should be held accountable for that, but are they solely responsible? No.

People often give their parents, the greatest generation, a pass on their faults. But they were the ones who raised the boomers, many of the veterans knew the truth about WWII, but many kept quiet over guilt. They were around during the sexual revolution and they failed to stop it.
At the end of the day we are all at fault, just like jews screaming "crucify him" we are all to blame.

I love to sit back and observe people, especially by group/ethnicity/etc. White people have this ingrained tendency to continue to shrug and bear it. They will go out of their way, make their lives more miserable, all to avoid any confrontation. It is both a strength and a weakness. I certainly suffer from it as well, despite being conscious of it.

Watching White Boomers make complete asses out of themselves, trying to avoid the reality of the situation they helped to created and attacking those suffering from it is an extreme example. They want to escape reality and confrontation with the evils of our society and talk about "stop buying $5 lattes and stop eating out" as if that will close the gap on the economic disaster young people face.

Back