Structure of The Ladies Forum

Mrs. Doubtfire

Trad Catholic
Heritage
Test Account
Woman
Propose how you would like the ladies forum to be structured, e.g.

- Religion
- Socio-Political / Current Events
- Living
- Culture
- Private

Or, just one sub-form as before. Since there are fewer members, it seems there is not need for the same list of categories as men.

The ladies forum will grow. I like the sub-categories you've listed above. Whatever you think best.
by the way, How do I get my religion, Eastern Orthodox, to show up under my avatar? It's in my profile but not showing up here.

The ladies forum will grow. I like the sub-categories you've listed above. Whatever you think best.
by the way, How do I get my religion, Eastern Orthodox, to show up under my avatar? It's in my profile but not showing up here.

I need to look into that. Seems EO doesn't get set correctly, but yours has been manually fixed.

A few broad categories, like these suggested, would be really helpful for the sake of organization and would minimize dupes.

Also, it would be helpful to have a rule/intro thread pinned at the top of the Ladies Forum.

Edit… so.. will there be an actual “private” part of the forum for women (as in, no viewership from non-members)?

Last edited:
The forum has been setup in an initial structure. There is not much that has been done with the ladies' forum. Once there is more input, changes may be made.

The forum has been setup in an initial structure. There is not much that has been done with the ladies' forum. Once there is more input, changes may be made.
Hi Mrs. Doubtfire,
Are you in charge of the ladies' forum? I see that there are two new sub-forums (fashion and scents), but these categories were not proposed in your initial post.

Hi Mrs. Doubtfire,
Are you in charge of the lady's forum? I see that there are two new sub-forums (fashion and scents), but these categories were not proposed in you initial post.

Trying to keep men posting in here to a minimal amount. This is now a women-only space, though admins can post in here. So Mrs. Doubtfire is manning the fort.

At the moment there has been little discussion of what ladies would like here. The forum has been setup as it is largely following the structure Samseau posted, as it will be live soon. You can discuss in here, what you'd like added, removed or changed, and the structure may change at a later date.

Propose how you would like the ladies forum to be structured, e.g.

- Religion
- Socio-Political / Current Events
- Living
- Culture
- Private

Or, just one sub-form as before. Since there are fewer members, it seems there is not need for the same list of categories as men.
I think that this is an excellent structure. I would also like to propose a section for the sciences (a broad topic that can include everything from technology/engineering to medicine, etc.).

Regarding the fashion/cosmetics and scents sub-forums, I think that they would do fine as singular threads under "Culture." I cannot speak for the other ladies, but while I wear and enjoy cosmetics, perfume, etc. I do not like them enough to engage in an entire sub-forum discussion about them. It is kind of like discussing what brand of toothpaste I use, haha.

I think that this is an excellent structure. I would also like to propose a section for the sciences (a broad topic that can include everything from technology/engineering to medicine, etc.).

Regarding the fashion/cosmetics and scents sub-forums, I think that they would do fine as singular threads under "Culture." I cannot speak for the other ladies, but while I wear and enjoy cosmetics, perfume, etc. I do not like them enough to engage in an entire sub-forum discussion about them. It is kind of like discussing what brand of toothpaste I use, haha.
Same. I have no interest in discussing perfumes and cosmetics anymore. I could see discussing health, eating healthy foods, gardening, exercising, and just taking care of our bodies.

Trying to keep men posting in here to a minimal amount. This is now a women-only space, though admins can post in here. So Mrs. Doubtfire is manning the fort.

At the moment there has been little discussion of what ladies would like here. The forum has been setup as it is largely following the structure Samseau posted, as it will be live soon. You can discuss in here, what you'd like added, removed or changed, and the structure may change at a later date.
Oh my goodness, I just realized who Mrs. Doubtfire is!! I thought it was weird that there was a female administrator Lol. That movie has a different name in Spanish and I didn't pay attention to the avatar 😅

The structure suggested is perfect and I agree that scents and fashion can be under "living" or "culture".

Question! In Roosh's forum if you posted something and then realized you shouldn't have done that, you cannot completely delete it, even if you realize it right away. I never saw the value in that. Will that remain the same?

I agree with other women here that Cosmetics and Fashion, and Scents, are not very compelling topics for an entire forum, especially for Christian women in the process of becoming less worldly. Those are fine topics for threads, though.

I like these proposed topics for the sub-forums:

• Religion
  • Socio-Political / Current Events
  • Living
  • Culture

And propose a couple more:

• Marriage & Family
  • Health

Back