Should Catholics be called "Catholic"?

Cornelius V.E.

Orthodox
I'm not quite sure where to post this, but I figured here could work.

Could I humbly ask the moderators to consider changing the name of the Roman Catholic subforum to "Latin Christianity", "Papal Christianity", or something else instead of "Catholic Christianity"? In the Creed we Orthodox confess one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church. Catholic means universal and whole. The Orthodox Church is the true Catholic Church. It's not correct to label the Latins as Catholics even if they have adopted this name for themselves. If you go to Mount Athos, for example, all of the monks there will only refer to them as "the Latins". They even apply this label to so-called "Eastern Rite Catholics". One humble suggestion. Feel free to delete this post after any decision makers have taken it into consideration. Thank you!

I'm not quite sure where to post this, but I figured here could work.

Could I humbly ask the moderators to consider changing the name of the Roman Catholic subforum to "Latin Christianity", "Papal Christianity", or something else instead of "Catholic Christianity"? In the Creed we Orthodox confess one, holy, catholic, and apostolic church. Catholic means universal and whole. The Orthodox Church is the true Catholic Church. It's not correct to label the Latins as Catholics even if they have adopted this name for themselves. If you go to Mount Athos, for example, all of the monks there will only refer to them as "the Latins". They even apply this label to so-called "Eastern Rite Catholics". One humble suggestion. Feel free to delete this post after any decision makers have taken it into consideration. Thank you!
Your post would be more appropriate under this thread: https://christisking.cc/threads/structure-of-the-christianity-forums.54/page-2#post-1175
However, seeing that the thread is closed, perhaps send a DM directly to an Admin like Cynllo.

Back