Public Figures that converted to Catholicism

TheSurveyor

Catholic
Remnant
I made this thread to cover public figures that have converted to Catholicism, whether it seems like a legitimate conversion or just for show.

One that peeked my interest was Rob Schneider.

Now obviously he could be another form of controlled opposition, but his conversion seems to be a slow and gradual one. His mother was also Catholic.

J.R.R. Tolkien was converted as a child by his mother Mabel, on 'The Lord of the Rings' he said it "is of course a fundamentally religious and Catholic work; unconsciously so at first, but consciously in the revision. That is why I have not put in, or have cut out, practically all references to anything like ‘religion,’ to cults or practices, in the imaginary world. For the religious element is absorbed into the story and the symbolism.”

This is a very old one but Evelyn Waugh was a famous example of this.

In his books 'Brideshead Revisited' there are catholic themes throughout. Recommend.

JD Vance.

Wiki:
Vance has been married to a former law school classmate, Usha Chilukuri, since 2014. They have three children, Evan, Vivek and Mirabel [135].[136] During the mid-2010s, Vance and his wife lived in San Francisco.[137]

Vance was raised in a "conservative, evangelical" branch of Protestantism, but by September 2016, he was "thinking very seriously about converting to Catholicism" but was "not an active participant" in any particular Christian denomination.[138] In August 2019, Vance was baptized and confirmed in the Catholic Church in a ceremony at St. Gertrude Priory in Cincinnati, Ohio. He chose Augustine of Hippo as his confirmation saint. Vance said he converted because he "became persuaded over time that Catholicism was true [...] and Augustine gave me a way to understand Christian faith in a strongly intellectual way", further describing Catholic theology's influence on his political views.[139]

Vlaardingerbroek, dochter van de musicoloog en voormalig concertdirecteur Kees Vlaardingerbroek, groeide op in Hilversum binnen een christelijk gezin met een katholieke moeder en een protestantse vader. In april 2023 trad Vlaardingerbroek – samen met haar vader – toe tot de Rooms-Katholieke Kerk.

Eva Vlaardingerbroek on Becoming Catholic​

Back