Preacher's perspective on Israel

I've got talking to a preacher in my town. He was the first person to inform me of the Hamas attack on Israel on the morning it happened. He's nice, laid back and committed and a great conversationalist.

I spoke to him a week later and said the whole situation had hit me like a ton of bricks and I didn't know what to pray for, only that I was so disturbed and troubled by the situation and couldn't stop thinking about the innocent people on both sides.

He said I should pray for Israel which set the tone for our next conversations.

I was really stunned to hear how pro Israel he was, he absolutely adores Israel and speaks with such jubilance about Israel and the Jewish people. He said they have forgotten their lord, Christ.

I argued that the Israeli government treats its own people "as guineau pigs" and that Satanic forces have infiltrated positions of power all throughout the world, including Israel. He didn't seem to acknowledge this at all and it seemed that he could not see Israel in any bad light.

Its all left me feeling confused and a bit empty, he's a very committed Christian who started a church but this Israel obsession seems to have got me a bit depressed. Is this a typical Christian view? Is he right? What should I make of all this?

I've got talking to a preacher in my town. He was the first person to inform me of the Hamas attack on Israel on the morning it happened. He's nice, laid back and committed and a great conversationalist.

I spoke to him a week later and said the whole situation had hit me like a ton of bricks and I didn't know what to pray for, only that I was so disturbed and troubled by the situation and couldn't stop thinking about the innocent people on both sides.

He said I should pray for Israel which set the tone for our next conversations.

I was really stunned to hear how pro Israel he was, he absolutely adores Israel and speaks with such jubilance about Israel and the Jewish people. He said they have forgotten their lord, Christ.

I argued that the Israeli government treats its own people "as guineau pigs" and that Satanic forces have infiltrated positions of power all throughout the world, including Israel. He didn't seem to acknowledge this at all and it seemed that he could not see Israel in any bad light.

Its all left me feeling confused and a bit empty, he's a very committed Christian who started a church but this Israel obsession seems to have got me a bit depressed. Is this a typical Christian view? Is he right? What should I make of all this?
When I was catholic my priest was always reminding us that Jesus was jewish and that the church has jewish roots. It was odd. I wonder if this is a catholic thing? I was at a pretty big traditonal catholic church. Priest had a sizeable online presence. Perhaps he had to show out. I don't know.

Jesus was not a jew. He was a Galilean. An ancient Israelite. Certainly not a modern jew. Makes no sense. Anyone during His time who became His follower became Christian.

My Orthodox priest says jews killed Jesus. The pharisees are the ones that carried on to form modern jewery. It's obvious but some even in my church are shocked by this. But it's right in the scriptures. Jesus even calls them out for the zionist cabal usury and fake piety that they enact today.

I feel like it's a psyop for jews to claim Jesus is a jew as if we are just an extension of judaism. Sneaky sneaky. Controversial to call it out because then we are antisemites. Easy from them to deny Christ when they attempt to be the sole arbiters of this information.

And not trying to pick a fight here, but catholics do the same thing pretending they are the same as Orthodox, but when it's the other way around Orthodox do not feel that way. I see this firsthand with many catholics that come to liturgy.

May the Lord have mercy on all the innocent souls in the middle east 🙏

Last edited:
Jesus was not a jew. He was a Galilean. An ancient Israelite. Certainly not a modern jew. Makes no sense. Anyone during His time who became His follower became Christian.

Scriptures make clear he is indeed a Jew. But that the fulfillment of Judaism is in the Messiah, the Christ, and no one can be a Jew outside of Christ. Thus the most Jewish thing anyone can do is call themselves a Christian.

Scriptures make clear he is indeed a Jew. But that the fulfillment of Judaism is in the Messiah, the Christ, and no one can be a Jew outside of Christ. Thus the most Jewish thing anyone can do is call themselves a Christian.
It's just a tricky semantic thing for me. I don't like the idea of saying He was a jew because linguistically it just equates Him with modern jews. Just my two cents. This may be an interesting chat to have with my priest about the original Greek translations. I love when he breaks this kind of thing down. One very cool thing about being in the Greek church!

It's just a tricky semantic thing for me. I don't like the idea of saying He was a jew because linguistically it just equates Him with modern jews. Just my two cents. This may be an interesting chat to have with my priest about the original Greek translations. I love when he breaks this kind of thing down. One very cool thing about being in the Greek church!

Modern Jews aren't actually Jews. The Jews had a covenant that needed to be fulfilled with the Temple of Jerusalem, which hasn't existed in 2000 years. That's why I always call them Talmudic Jews or Chews, because their entire existence is nothing more than an ethnic club at this point.

It's an insult to Jesus to call these blasphemers (ethnic jews who reject the messiah) actual Jews. Chrysostom spoke about this in his sermon, "Against the Jews."

Modern Jews aren't actually Jews. The Jews had a covenant that needed to be fulfilled with the Temple of Jerusalem, which hasn't existed in 2000 years. That's why I always call them Talmudic Jews or Chews, because their entire existence is nothing more than an ethnic club at this point.

It's an insult to Jesus to call these blasphemers (ethnic jews who reject the messiah) actual Jews. Chrysostom spoke about this in his sermon, "Against the Jews."
I want to call them talmuddies.

"Why is that talmuddy saying he's a Jew? He's really muddying the waters with his tal (Jewish for rain or dew)."

I feel like it's a psy-op for jews to claim Jesus is a jew as if we are just an extension of judaism.
Totally.

The wealthy godless German/Polish/Ukrainian Jewish clique could confiscate a country because they talked the US into WW2 with the media they owned in 1940.

Has nothing to do with Judaism. Nothing with the Torah. If we are all loved the same.

"For the Lord your God is God of gods and Lord of lords, the great, the mighty, and the awesome God, who is not partial and takes no bribe. He executes justice for the fatherless and the widow, and loves the sojourner, giving him food and clothing. Love the sojourner, therefore, for you were sojourners in the land of Egypt." - Deuteronomy 10:17-19 (ESV)
I think they claim racial purity via the feminine line, really? Most Jews are unrecognizable. I really think this is a grand lie.

So it's not racial, not faith, it's just an elite clique who are now indoctrinating the kids in that land on their victimhood and the evil Nazis.

About 5% of the Jews go to Synagogue weekly globally, are they following God's commands? In Israel that's higher, but is being in Church weekly the definition of faith?

It's just narrative. Like any country. Like can we define the Russian? With all the different faiths and races?

Whatever it is, the people that claim they are Jews have nothing to do with Jesus.

And I agree here as well with the OP that many priests go this way, as if there is this special connection between Jesus and the modern Jews in Israel.

I see that a lot, and it irritates me always, instead of praying for the conversion of the perfidious Jews we are praying for this wealthy godless clique who confiscated the holy land with deceit.

Last edited:
I have heard the argument that the ancient Israelites/Hebrews did not actually call themselves "Jews", but that this is a more recent invention. I'm not sure how accurate this is, the semantics get confusing here and they would've used different words in Hebrew or Aramaic.

What we do know is that Mary and Joseph were of the House of David, so they were of the Tribe of Judah and Jesus was too. Even if he is more Galilean than Judean. Likewise the Pharisees were ethnically Judeans as well. But the term "Jew" is more religious than ethnic. If we accept that the Pharisees are the progenitors of Judaism, then Jesus was not a Jew. But if we refer to the Old Testament faith as Judaism, then He was a Jew.

How much modern "Jews" have in common genetically with these Pharisees is questionable. Certainly your average Ashkenazi Jew from Europe does not have a phenotype typical anywhere in the Middle East. Did the ancient Israelites have "the nose" as well? When they rejected Christ, they rejected the spirit of the Old Testament faith so they broke continuity with the true Israel.

Palestinian Christians today might have the most in common with the ancient Judeans. They look different from the Muslims, more Levantine and less Arab from what I can tell.

Back