Need gospel hymns for a video

cheapchampion

Other Christian
Heritage
Friends,

I am putting together a video and I have a list of favorite hymns that I want as a soundtrack. I am only wanting the piano actually, no vocals, and as far as I know the songs are all in the public domain. There's a guy on YouTube who posts recordings of his playing hymns and I reached out to him about using his recordings but have not yet heard back from him. I'm new to this and looking for any advice. Should I just email more YouTube performers with their hymns online? I'm still hoping the first guy gets back to me.

Another option is to see what various churches may have. I dunno, suggestions?

What are you concerned about? Copyright and etiquette?

Yeah, pretty much. I am new to it all.

The update is I finished the video. I used these paid membership apps that content creators use for music for their videos. All except one song, a gospel hymn performed by an elderly couple who are in their 70s and haven't posted in seven years. I reached out to them but never heard back. It's possible they aren't with us anymore. So I have permission to use every song but that one, and am just taking my chances. It's a super small risk of course that anyone would complain.

Back