Modest Fashion

Mrs. Fitzroy

Protestant
Woman
Thought I'd start this thread off. When kids are little, modest clothes are easy but around age 11-12 the stores start selling more risque tops, skirts, jeans, everything. A long shirt or camisole tucked into a skirt, shorts, pants or jeans really helps. I hate seeing young ladies or adults at stores bending over to get something from a bottom shelf and seeing things I don't need to see.

Edit: I mean the camisole under a shirt just to be clear.

Thought I'd start this thread off. When kids are little, modest clothes are easy but around age 11-12 the stores start selling more risque tops, skirts, jeans, everything. A long shirt or camisole tucked into a skirt, shorts, pants or jeans really helps. I hate seeing young ladies or adults at stores bending over to get something from a bottom shelf and seeing things I don't need to see.

Edit: I mean the camisole under a shirt just to be clear.
I used to buy all of my daughter's clothes at consigment stores, but I can't find anything decent for her age anymore, so I have to look online. Boden, Hanna Anderson, and J.Crew make modest and adorables pieces that can be found at a fraction of the cost on sites like eBay, Poshmark, and thredup.

Last edited:
Back