Men's Cosmetics and Their Chemical Components

Cynllo

Administrator
Test Account
Is anyone informed about chemicals that are found in products like soap, shampoo, shaving foam and other agents placed on the skin? I have heard that there are lots of chemicals in these that enter your system through the skin, and that this should be avoided.

For a very long time I've not used shampoo, which was likely as when I was about 16 I found that the standard normie shampoos are too full of junk. So I began washing my hair with soap. I didn't think much of this until earlier this year, when, for no reason at all I bought some shampoo. This was at the same time I started the Bryan Johnson blueprint diet and supplement routine. This has something in it that improves hair quality. So I attributed the improvement in my hair to whatever that supplement was - I forget the name. But I later realised it was actually the shampoo that was leaving my hair shiner and healthier. Since I've tried several different shampoos, and the best is pura d'or - Professional Grade Shampoo:

EDIT_16ozProBiotinShampoo-Front.jpg

PURA D’OR maximum strength system features 17+ key active ingredients in a premium organic Aloe Vera based formula, clinically tested to help combat hair loss due to breakage.* This professional grade system was developed with an exclusive proprietary blend to fortify thinning hair and provide maximum hydration for stronger, healthier-looking strands, with increased volume and shine.

Ingredients:

Decolorized Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice*, Sodium Laurylglucosides Hydroxypropylsulfonate, Hydroxypropyl Bis-Hydroxyethyldimonium Chloride, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Polyquaternium-73, Cocamide Mipa, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil*, Argania Spinosa (Argan) Kernel Oil*, Biotin (Vitamin H), Nigella Sativa (Black Cumin) Seed Oil, Cymbopogon Flexuosus (Lemongrass) Oil*, Emblica Officinalis (Amla) Oil*, Grateloupia Elliptica (Red Korean Seaweed) Extract, Urtica Dioica (Nettle) Leaf Extract, Serenoa Serrulata (Saw Palmetto) Extract, Cedrus Atlantica (Cedarwood) Bark Oil*, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Oil*, Salvia Sclarea (Clary Sage) Oil*, Polygonum Multiflorum (He Shou Wu) Root Extract, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil*, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Seed Extract*, Hibiscus Sabdariffa (Hibiscus) Flower Extract, Niacin, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Oil, Pygeum Africanum Extract, Zinc Gluconate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Soy Isoflavones**, Beta-Sitosterol, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Xylityl Sesquicaprylate, Lactobacillus Ferment, Salix Nigra (Willow) Bark Extract, Citric Acid.
*Certified Organic Ingredient
**Non-GMO

This does not include Sodium laureth sulfate (SELS), which I have long heard about as something to avoid that is in most globo-cosmetic products. The above shampoo is said to be something that promotes a natural and healthy oil environment in the scalp, while SELS is said to abrasively remove natural oils from the scalp. Apparently this can create a situation where the scalp overproduces natural oils.

But I see this product has a lot of chemical sounding things at the beginning. I don't know what to make of these, but it seems these products aren't very good without something like this.

Another good one I tried that is more expensive is Patricks SH1 shampoo:

For deoderant, I tried buying a few products from Etsy that were home made from natural ingredients. But all of them were very poor, essentially melting into a not very usable blob. I've found two that appear to be very clean.

1. Ben & Anna - https://en.ben-anna.de/collections/deopflege

20092.750.jpg

Ingredients:

Sodium Bicarbonate, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter*, Maranta Arundinacea Root Powder*, Zea Mays Starch, Cocos Nucifera Oil*, Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil*, Cetyl Alcohol, Stearyl Alcohol, Coco-Caprylate/Caprate, Helianthus Annuus Seed Cera, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Shorea Robusta Resin, Rhus Verniciflua Peel Cera, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Limonene**, Rhus Succedanea Fruit Cera, Citrus Limon Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia Fruit Oil, Citrus Reticulata Peel Oil, Tocopherol, Linalool**, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Citral**, Cymbopogon Schoenanthus Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil*, Geraniol**, Daucus Carota Sativa Root Extract*, Rosmarinus Officinalis Leaf Extract*
* Biological ** of aroma oils *** RSPO - certified

2. Hedera Vita (made is Serbia) - https://www.hederavita.rs/en/body-c...llection/herbal-deodorant-mountain-fresh-40gr

stik-menta.jpg

Ingredients:

Olive Glycerides, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Sodium Bicarbonate, Palmitic/Stearic Triglyceride, Olea Europaea (Olive) Oil, Bambusa Arundinacea Stem Powder (mleveni bambus), Menta Piperita (Peppermint) Oil, Eucalyptus Globulus Oil.

I use Schmidt's for deodorant. The sandalwood is pretty good.

Make sure you always look for things with minimal ingredients.
Check EWG (environmental working group) ratings for products and chemicals.
Steer clear of anything that could possibly affect semen if you're looking to have children. Absolutely NO phthalates (hidden in fragrances). There's a lot of recent discussion on environmental exposures and epigenetics.
For your hair, I would look for products in a bar form. Do your best to keep away from chemicals stored in plastics.

I use a mix of coconut oil, cornstarch, tea tree oil and baking soda as a deodorant. It is very effective.
I ignore my hair entirely. No shampoo or anything at all. I just keep it short and try to rinse it well with water when I bathe. Seems to be enough. The scalp creates by itself all the oils it needs, as long as you eat properly.
I avoid colognes like the plague as they are mystery soups of endocrine disruptors and more or less turn you into a walking chemical hazard.
There is no need to smell like anything other than a normal man, let alone absurd crap like leather and cookies. Do chicks dig that "I just visited grandma at her old cottage" vibe?
"Oh, Unending_Powerhouse_Match, you remind me of my grandma's 200-year-old leather couch that still smells of my great-grandpa's sweat, that's so manly, please marry me!"

Apple cider vinegar is excellent for hair. Cut it with water 40% or 30% depending on your need. I keep a seltzer bottle or plastic apple cider vinegar bottle in the shower. Usually I use organic if I have a big discount jug of that but you can also use regular version from the grocery store. Pour it on, work it in with fingers, let it sit while you do the rest of your washing, then rinse. You can usually get by only washing hair a couple times a week, I use maybe a third of a mixed bottle at most each time. Been doing it this way for over 5 years now and hair looks better than it used to and also remains fuller. I brush it more which is generally just a good practice too.

Why use cosmetics at all? I stopped using shampoo many years ago and my hair is in good condition. From time to time I'll use coconut oil on my hair, beard and face. I shower to soak my skin enough to be able to rub off the dead skin, not to dowse myself in chemicals. Defoliation will leave you feeling fresh and without anything for bacteria to feast on, which creates a bad smell. I only use soap if I've got dirt or grease on myself. For deodorant I use a few wipes of crystal stick of potassium alum under my arms. I read recently that lemon juice works as a deodorant, but I've not tried that.

I have a toothbrush, but I rarely use toothpaste. I might spray a little hydrogen peroxide on my toothbrush, but that's all. A decent water pik to jet out food debris and plaque does wonders, especially with a few drops of iodine added.

I just try to carry the red pill mindset into every area of my life, which simply means I ask questions and challenge assumptions.

No shampoo. It's completely unnecessary, even for women with long beautiful hair.

For deodorant, I use a salt rock which is very common in Asia (although you can buy them from Amazon also). It works perfectly. As long as you wear natural fabrics (100% cotton, linen, wool, etc) with zero synthetic fabrics (polyester, acrylic, etc) then you won't stink at all, even after working out, as long as you bathe once every 1-2 days. Basically, you just make your armpit wet and then rub the salt rock thoroughly in the area so that salt attaches to the skin and armpit hair. Salt is the most traditional anti-bacterial, hence why it works.

For soap, I'd recommend checking out an Orthodox monastery and buying from them. Holy Cross Monastery in WV and St. Nina's Monastery in Maryland both make excellent soaps with very few ingredients using traditional methods. I don't usually use soap on most body parts unless I have dirt or something else that I know needs to get off of my skin. I do, however, often use soap in the armpits and groin/butt region.

For shaving, I usually use coconut oil or olive oil instead of shaving cream (only for the neck since I sport a beard but don't want a neck beard).

My woman has never once complained about my hygiene and overall seems happy with my routine. She's even adopted many of my habits.

Last edited:
Jojoba oil is great for skin and hair. I haven't used shampoo in years, and have very long hair. Girls are always asking what I use and they hate the answer: I never wash my hair. I rub jojoba oil into it every couple weeks or so. I comb it everyday. I trim the split ends every 3 or 4 months. That's it.

This all started when I got seborrheic dermatitis. I used Head and Shoulders brand every day because I had dandruff and worked in a chemical room, so I thought I had to use shampoo to get that chemical residue out of my hair. The shampoo destroyed my scalp. It was shortly after this that I ended up with a vitamin D deficiency. The rash spread onto my face, growing to the point that a couple people even screamed when they looked at me(seriously). I tried everything, especially tea tree oil. Everyone said tea tree oil would work. It made it way, way worse. Turns out seborrhea has to do with yeast, and this particular yeast loves tea tree oil. Forget how I found out about Jojoba Oil, but once I tried it, the inflammation started going down. The itchiness started getting easier to bear. Nowadays the rash is barely noticeable and my dandruff is minimal. This was all over the course of 2017 to 2021.

Jojoba oil is great for skin and hair. I haven't used shampoo in years, and have very long hair. Girls are always asking what I use and they hate the answer: I never wash my hair. I rub jojoba oil into it every couple weeks or so. I comb it everyday. I trim the split ends every 3 or 4 months. That's it.

This all started when I got seborrheic dermatitis. I used Head and Shoulders brand every day because I had dandruff and worked in a chemical room, so I thought I had to use shampoo to get that chemical residue out of my hair. The shampoo destroyed my scalp. It was shortly after this that I ended up with a vitamin D deficiency. The rash spread onto my face, growing to the point that a couple people even screamed when they looked at me(seriously). I tried everything, especially tea tree oil. Everyone said tea tree oil would work. It made it way, way worse. Turns out seborrhea has to do with yeast, and this particular yeast loves tea tree oil. Forget how I found out about Jojoba Oil, but once I tried it, the inflammation started going down. The itchiness started getting easier to bear. Nowadays the rash is barely noticeable and my dandruff is minimal. This was all over the course of 2017 to 2021.
I struggle with seborrheic dermatitis too, but a bit of petroleum jelly makes it leave my face alone, and it seems to (largely) go away from my scalp on its own after a while, so I mostly just ignore it. It's still gross and gets all over my clothes, though. Honestly might try this. Thank you for the info, man!

Last edited:
Good question. The j's are already pronounced as an English 'h', so it's probably just aceite de jojoba.

I never thought of petroleum jelly. I'll try that, too.
Yeah, I didn't realize that you had already replied so I edited that part of my comment out because a quick Google search gave me my answer. It's indeed just "jojoba" hahaha. Hopefully people in my region don't call it some other weird name and give me a fluoride stare when they hear "busco aceite de jojoba, caballero".

Last edited:
I never thought of petroleum jelly. I'll try that, too.
Yeah, works wonders. My ol' mother was the one who suggested it. When scales pop up in your face, just apply a bit of it to them and the problem should be gone rather fast. I don't want to put petroleom jelly in my hair, though, so like I said, I usually just ignore it, but when it gets really bad, apple cider vinegar helps a lot.

Is anyone informed about chemicals that are found in products like soap, shampoo, shaving foam and other agents placed on the skin? I have heard that there are lots of chemicals in these that enter your system through the skin, and that this should be avoided.

For a very long time I've not used shampoo, which was likely as when I was about 16 I found that the standard normie shampoos are too full of junk. So I began washing my hair with soap. I didn't think much of this until earlier this year, when, for no reason at all I bought some shampoo. This was at the same time I started the Bryan Johnson blueprint diet and supplement routine. This has something in it that improves hair quality. So I attributed the improvement in my hair to whatever that supplement was - I forget the name. But I later realised it was actually the shampoo that was leaving my hair shiner and healthier. Since I've tried several different shampoos, and the best is pura d'or - Professional Grade Shampoo:

EDIT_16ozProBiotinShampoo-Front.jpg

PURA D’OR maximum strength system features 17+ key active ingredients in a premium organic Aloe Vera based formula, clinically tested to help combat hair loss due to breakage.* This professional grade system was developed with an exclusive proprietary blend to fortify thinning hair and provide maximum hydration for stronger, healthier-looking strands, with increased volume and shine.

Ingredients:

This does not include Sodium laureth sulfate (SELS), which I have long heard about as something to avoid that is in most globo-cosmetic products. The above shampoo is said to be something that promotes a natural and healthy oil environment in the scalp, while SELS is said to abrasively remove natural oils from the scalp. Apparently this can create a situation where the scalp overproduces natural oils.

But I see this product has a lot of chemical sounding things at the beginning. I don't know what to make of these, but it seems these products aren't very good without something like this.

Another good one I tried that is more expensive is Patricks SH1 shampoo:

For deoderant, I tried buying a few products from Etsy that were home made from natural ingredients. But all of them were very poor, essentially melting into a not very usable blob. I've found two that appear to be very clean.

1. Ben & Anna - https://en.ben-anna.de/collections/deopflege

20092.750.jpg

Ingredients:

2. Hedera Vita (made is Serbia) - https://www.hederavita.rs/en/body-c...llection/herbal-deodorant-mountain-fresh-40gr

stik-menta.jpg

Ingredients:
About 6-7 years ago I stopped using aluminum based anti-perspirant. I tried a few natural deodorants but they didn't work for me. It left me with a very strong musky smell. M wife has a strong sense of smell and she thought it made my small bad. I now use this one and it seems to work great. My wife can't smell anything and hasn't complained even once since I started using it.

Dr Teel's Deodorant.jpg

Here are the ingredients.

Ingredients: MAGNESIUM HYDROXIDE, MARANTA ARUNDINACEA ROOT POWDER (ARROWROOT), COCOS NUCIFERA (COCONUT) OIL, STEARYL ALCOHOL, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC TRIGLYCERIDE, HYDROGENATED CASTOR OIL, SODIUM BICARBONATE (BAKING SODA), POLYGLYCERYL-3 BEESWAX, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, ZINC RICINOLEATE, FRAGRANCE (PARFUM), LAVANDULA HYBRIDA OIL, LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER) OIL, MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE, MAGNESIUM SULFATE (EPSOM SALT), SIMMONDSIA CHINENSIS (JOJOBA) SEED OIL, GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE, GLYCERYL UNDECYLENATE, MALTODEXTRIN.

I'd like to try the two you have highlighted,

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn’t tell you what’s in or not-in anything my house contains at this point, but my wife is very studious about these things and doesn’t buy anything with toxic ingredients in general. Same concept applies to our food as to our hygiene stuff. Can’t say I’ve noticed much of a difference either way except that I haven’t had any heat hives since making the switch, which may or may not be related but I’m glad to have relief from it regardless.

Interesting, I used to have seborrheic dermatitis so bad on my face that I had actually taken a sick day from work. It got dramatically better after I ditched seed oils from my diet but I very occasionally get a mild recurrence, will try this

I couldn’t tell you what’s in or not-in anything my house contains at this point, but my wife is very studious about these things and doesn’t buy anything with toxic ingredients in general. Same concept applies to our food as to our hygiene stuff. Can’t say I’ve noticed much of a difference either way except that I haven’t had any heat hives since making the switch, which may or may not be related but I’m glad to have relief from it regardless.

Would she be at liberty to share a list of chemicals to avoid, and why?

Back