Let’s Talk about “Make-up”

starlight

Protestant
Heritage
Woman
Cosmetics: They’re horrible for your skin. Don’t use them. They contain cancer causing toxins and actually *accelerate* the aging of skin cells and tissue. Women who rarely/never wear makeup look *years* younger than women who wear makeup daily.

Just say, “No,” to make-up.

Good to know, but does this refer mainly to foundation/concealer/products that cling heavily to the facial skin? I've never been partial to substances that really cake my face, but I do hope that moderate daily application of mascara/nude eye shadow/lip gloss to look a little bit more put-together won't lead to me looking like a crone when I'm 30.
Not meant to be offensive - but certainly there's a middle ground?

Two products I want to try are Crunchi clean makeup and Toups & Co mascara. Here’s the ingredients list for the mascara:

Spring Water, *Chamomile Hydrosol, *Zea Mays Starch, Carnauba Wax, Mica (CI 77019), *Coffea Arabica Powder, *Rice Powder, *Sunflower Seed Oil, Lecithin, Sunflower Tocopherol (Vitamin E), *Oregano Leaf Extract, Thyme Extract, *Cinnamon Bark Extract, *Rosemary Flower Extract, *Goldenseal Root Extract *Lemon Peel Extract, Vanilla, [+/- May Contain]: Non-Nano Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77499, CI 7749, CI 77492). (*Certified Organic)

It’s also $26 🤯

I wish Crunchi just had a concealer, because I don’t really need a full on foundation for day to day wear. It’s so hard to match products like this when you’re buying online 😕

I've never worn foundation because I hate the feeling of it and I think many people use it to cover up skin problems and that can actually make skin issues worse. I keep it simple with mascara, a natural looking blush and a tinted lip balm. I feel more put together that way (and having super fair skin I need the blush or I look like Casper the friendly ghost). I haven't had any negatives from make up, but I use it lightly so maybe that's why.

I actually know women that look older than I do even though they've never worn a drop of make-up. That has more to do with your health than anything else. Unless you're caking your face with toxic products, I don't see a problem with wearing a little make-up to feel more feminine and put together. I only buy from clean brands like Rejuva, W3llpeople, and Ilia.

My routine is very simple: mascara, eye liner, and concealer. That's it! If I'm in a rush, it's just mascara. What takes a little longer is prepping my skin by cleansing, toning, and moisturizing, but that's really what gives you a glowy look.

The best moisturizer imo is beef or lamb tallow, but then you smell like either a hamburger or a gyro. You could probably just use it at night and then use almond oil during the day.
I use Pretty Farm Girl Lavender Vanilla body butter (made with tallow and goat’s milk) as my baby/kids moisturizer and it’s great. The only downside is it’s pretty greasy at first so it has to be a slow kind of day for me to use it. Totally forgot about almond oil! I used to use CND Solar oil for my cuticles and it smells divine :love:

Let me ask this: “Why are you wearing makeup? Who told you mascara, etc, makes you look “put together”? What does that even mean? How does wearing “makeup” glorify God?”

Last edited:
I use Pretty Farm Girl Lavender Vanilla body butter (made with tallow and goat’s milk) as my baby/kids moisturizer and it’s great. The only downside is it’s pretty greasy at first so it has to be a slow kind of day for me to use it. Totally forgot about almond oil! I used to use CND Solar oil for my cuticles and it smells divine :love:
Organic Jojoba oil is also wonderful. It doesn't have a scent which I like but you could add a few drops of an essential oil if you prefer.

Last edited:
Back