Latest German Lunacy

I also saw that headline and wondered why Compact got banned. It was always there in the newsagents, over the years they must have sold a great many copies, although I bought it only rarely. Thing is it was as I remember a bit of a tabloid, constant pictures of migrant violence and the lunacy of mainstream German politicians. There was also the youtube channel.

As for the raid on Jürgen Elsässer - they always have to put on a show with armed police for this kind of thing for the public.

What caused it after it was published for years without issues - I think it was an interview with the Russian foreign minister Maria Sacharowa.
Offenkundig sah das deutsche Innenministerium am Montag das Interview. Und am Dienstag wurde das Verlagsbüro durchsucht und das Magazin verboten. Ich denke, der Grund dafür ist, dass die Wahrheit ausgesprochen wurde, die vor den Deutschen sorgfältig verborgen wird

Die Bundesrepublik erhält nur deshalb kein russisches Gas, weil die USA es Deutschland verboten haben.'

'Russland und die UdSSR haben nie von sich aus Gaslieferungen an Europa und die EU gestoppt.'

'Technisch ist es eine Frage von Wochen, die Gaslieferungen durch die verbliebene Röhre der Nord-Stream-Pipeline wieder aufzunehmen.'"
That is a little bit too much truth for Germany unfortunately. Germany does not get any more Russian gas because the USA has forbidden Germany to get it. Now people have been asking about whether the other pipelines which were not blown up should be commissioned and start delivering Russian gas to Germany.

What a show they put on - 50 police at six o'clock in the morning :

Bit more on it here with some good vocab for the language learner :
Die Herrschenden haben die Köpfe ihrer Untertanen offenbar nicht mehr sicher genug im Griff

RT DE seit über zwei Jahren verboten und nur auf Umwegen zu erreichen. Letzteres war allerdings eine Willkür europäischer Bürokraten, deutsche Behörden waschen ihre Hände in vermeintlicher Unschuld.

Das von Bundesinnenministerin Nancy Faeser (SPD) am Dienstag verkündete Verbot von Jürgen Elsässers halbwegs erfolgreichem Nachrichtenmagazin Compact fügt sich zwar in die längst erkennbare Tendenz ein, ist aber eben auch ein neuer Schritt, eine Stufe tiefer in eine totalitäre Meinungsdiktatur.

So it sounds like that was what did it - again, Germany and gas, but this time a different gas and a different context.

I also saw that headline and wondered why Compact got banned.
Maybe he mentioned the jews and crossed the red line that can't be tolerated at all.

Besides, this Faeser potato face gets 250,000 euros/year for being a politician. If the AfD wins the upcoming elections, she will most likely lose her well paid position in politics. In order to protect her income, she had to tear down a news magazine that strongly promotes the AfD.

Maybe he mentioned the jews and crossed the red line that can't be tolerated at all.
I don't think it's mentioning the jews, not directly anyway. If he had mentioned them in a bad way surely the raid would have had a lot more than 50 police in attendance. The jews seem to be rarely mentioned in modern German press except as victims of 'antisemitism' now and then.

I'm sure they were dying to ban it and just waiting for an excuse but attacking 'Atlanticism' was the straw that broke the camel's back. Daring to interfere with :
...the plan here is to lock Russia and Europe in a perpetual state of war to: "keep America in, Russia out, and Germany down".
It's now in the English RT as well :
It mentions :
Compact correspondent Hansjorg Mueller asked the spokeswoman which “red lines” Berlin might cross in Ukraine to trigger direct retaliation by Russia. He also wondered if Moscow could withdraw from the Two Plus Four Agreement – the multilateral treaty that allowed the reunification of Germany in 1990.
Had never heard of that before -
It was negotiated in 1990 between the 'two', the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic, in addition to the Four Powers which had occupied Germany at the end of World War II in Europe: France, the Soviet Union, the United Kingdom, and the United States. The treaty supplanted the 1945 Potsdam Agreement: in it, the Four Powers renounced all rights they had held with regard to Germany, allowing for its reunification as a fully sovereign state the following year.
I don't understand what it would mean if Moscow "withdrew" from that but it sounds like the Compact journalist really annoyed someone high up.

Various good news from Germany.. Compact Magazin has been unbanned. It's a glossy magazine format tabloid which in focuses on the unwanted migration that is forced on Germany. There are a few posts just recently in this thread about it getting banned and why it was banned. It's all over the press that it's unbanned, here are a few links,
and
and
There is still some kind of legal trial coming up but the emergency ban has been lifted. The main guy behind it Jürgen Elsässer must be very cheered especially after an early morning raid on his house just a few months ago with police and the press.

More possible good news :
...not really looking that likely

Also, the Austrian activist Martin Sellner successfully took court action against the decision to ban him from Germany. Not recent news, and not sure if they re-banned him somehow since then but that was when it happened -

German word of the day is Dreistigkeit
  • Aggressiver Mut oder ungemilderte Frechheit.
  • Beinah arroganter Mut; äußerste Dreistigkeit, Frechheit oder Unverschämtheit; höchstes Selbstvertrauen.
Best English word is probably brazenness.

I sensed and hoped this might happen with Compact. The government, Olaf Scholz minister Nancy Faeser brazenly bans it but the emergency ban does not stand up in court and is lifted soon after being challenged. It's a good sign, the courts still work and are somewhat separate from the government as they should be.

Такое впечатление как будто я в Анталии иду по Стамбулу. Боже мой боже мой. слушай если ты хочешь допустим съездить в Турцию то можешь просто приехать на озеро.

It feels like I'm walking through Istanbul in Antalya. Oh, my God, my God. Listen, if you want to go to Turkey, for example, you can just come to the lake instead.

Last edited:

Такое впечатление как будто я в Анталии иду по Стамбулу. Боже мой боже мой. слушай если ты хочешь допустим съездить в Турцию то можешь просто приехать на озеро.

It feels like I'm walking through Istanbul in Antalya. Oh, my God, my God. Listen, if you want to go to Turkey, for example, you can just come to the lake instead.
It's pretty much the same in my area on some days, but Mexico instead of Turkey.

Slight correction, at the start of the video she that it feels like she's in Antalya OR Istanbul. I was confused at first by "through Istanbul in Antalya" because Antalya is a city. It's also a province, but Istanbul isn't in that province.

Anyway, the basic point that much of Germany is lacking in Germans checks out with what a Ukrainian friend who lives there has told me.

Back