"Grounding" sheets and pillow cases

FrancisK

Catholic
Heritage
I was telling this fitness chick I'm friends with at the gym about how I sleep like garbage because I can never turn my brain off. She vouched up and down for a "grounding" sheet and pillow case, says it completely fixed all her sleep issues. Apparently wires are woven in it and you plug it into the ground port in your outlet....something to do with electrons or something faggish.

Never heard of this stuff before but I'm desperate for some better sleep and I refuse to go the drug route, anyone ever try this crap?

Do you have a yard? If so, try sleeping on the ground outside. Maybe on wool blankets. Go barefoot on the ground for a few hours per day.

I was telling this fitness chick I'm friends with at the gym about how I sleep like garbage because I can never turn my brain off. She vouched up and down for a "grounding" sheet and pillow case, says it completely fixed all her sleep issues. Apparently wires are woven in it and you plug it into the ground port in your outlet....something to do with electrons or something faggish.

Never heard of this stuff before but I'm desperate for some better sleep and I refuse to go the drug route, anyone ever try this crap?
One of my sisters is really into the "grounding" thing. She works with her bare feet on a "grounding mat" and things like that. I consider it harmless quackery. She and her husband are pretty well off so it's no big deal that she blows money on "grounding" stuff. I think she also has some shoes with "grounding soles" or something like that.

The funny thing to me about it is the idea that you get significant health benefits from frequent contact with the Earth. I highly doubt that, but I know something else that you can have frequent contact with and get very tangible health benefits: heavy barbells and dumbbells. You have to actually lift them though, and it's a lot harder than sitting with your feet on a "grounding mat."

Apparently wires are woven in it and you plug it into the ground port in your outlet....something to do with electrons or something faggish.

I wouldn't do wires. Any kind of EM radiation would be the opposite direction to go in. We all deal with EM and it's effects are subtle but some people develop more sensitivities to it than others. Some even to the point of having to live off grid and without electricity.

Actually, do you happen to have a power line or transformer near your bedroom? That could be a source of sleeping problems.

Try turning off your wifi and putting your phone away.

Absolutely. I find that if I read from a digital device in bed before trying to sleep, I can lie there for an hour and not get sleepy. If I read a book with low light though, I can barely read 2 pages, before I'm knocked out. I've woken up many times with the light still on, hours later, glasses on my face, and the book on my chest.

Have you tried reading with a book light? It helps to focus your mind on that one thing rather than letting it wander off into all these different things you are worrying about. Plus, reading tires your eyes, which can help you sleep.

I used to do that but started reading from my phone or from kindle. They have low light settings and orange light which helps.

I've actually been keeping it in the other room lately, I hate my phone i have it on me as little as absolutely possible my phone is nothing but work and stress to me. I leave it in the car or in the other room as much as I possibly can and I have the bare minimum of alerts turned on. I also have this dumb old world concept of being respectful and considerate that when I'm with someone I care about they should get my full attention, not my phone and people who aren't there in that moment. I've been known to forget my phone randomly because I care so little about it and every time it feels great, the only downside is that many people expect you to have your phone on you 24/7 and get upset that you don't.

My friends think it's weird that I never have my phone on me and I've even been accused by girls of not having it because I have something to hide. The fact that I have to point out to them that I'm giving them my full attention by not having it on me is kinda sad and silly, they don't see it that way it's unnatural to them. The only time I'll pick up my phone when I'm with someone I care about is for a specific reason to the situation we're in or if they walk away and I decide to take that time to check work of if there is anything urgent.

@GodfatherPartTwo I actually did recently pick up Audie Murphy's book and was meaning to read it. I'll try that tonight.

So I went and bought a pillowcase going to try it out, can't hurt I suppose. I'll report back....hell I'll take placebo at this point I haven't had a good nights sleep in months and months.

Last edited:
Back