• ChristIsKing.eu has moved to ChristIsKing.cc - see the announcement for more details. If you don't know your password PM a mod on Element or via a temporary account here to confirm your username and email.

Good States to Live in the United States

Robin Williams

Protestant
Heritage
Test Account
Re-boot, from @Knight.of.Logos:

Once I finish graduate school, I plan on relocating. Fortunately, I picked a career with pretty high job prospects so I will be able to move to basically any state. I currently live in New Jersey with my family, and it is sad how much this state has fallen. There are so many Indians and Asians here, many of which who barely speak English and are not Americans as far as I am concerned. The women here are often unattractive and even the "attractive" ones are generally shallow and unattractive inwardly. It's also pretty rare to meet guys that I resonate with, although I was finally starting to since I've been going to church. Now that it is closed, I am basically isolated, although I do use this opportunity to get closer to God and develop spiritually.

I like the mountains a lot, so I was considering Montana. I've been to Colorado and found it beautiful, but I am not sure if I will run into many of the same problems as NJ in Colorado. I've also considered Oregon/Washington, as well as New Hampshire. I am curious if anybody here has some perspective on the matter. I'm really looking forward to getting out of this state, as it seems to only be getting worse over time. I'm a friendly and adaptable guy, but I wouldn't want to move to a place where people are hostile to outsiders. I want a place that has a good community feel, so that I can have people to network with and develop gifts of the spirit to share within my community. One of my goals is to buy land after a couple years of working, and build up on it/farm on it. I'd love to meet the right woman and settle down, but I also am open to basically living a more monk-like life if that is what God wills for me. I think I will have much better luck finding the right woman in a state that isn't quite so degenerate.

Any opinions or thoughts are welcome.

From Coja Petrus Uscan:

Wyoming is the most conservative state hands down.

Most solid Republican state, 68% Trump, several counties in excess of 80% Trump: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president
I think they have the most homeschooled kids, but can't see good data on that
Highest guns per capita, close to 500% the guns per capita of the 2nd most armed state: https://mycountry955.com/how-heavily-armed-is-wyoming/
Lowest abortion rate in the country, about 1% and only one abortuary: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/abortion-rates-by-state
Good economic growth and freedom: https://www.alec.org/press-release/...ness-index-reveals-national-pro-growth-trend/
Affordable housing: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/cheapest-states-to-live-in

I have found several good places in the United States for living a simple, off grid, Matrix free life. I myself am not looking so much at states and their economy or political leanings, but rather rural areas within states regardless of external forces. The main thing is to buy outright, with cash, a large tract of land (40 to 200 acres) that is 2 to 3 hours from a major city and has moderate to semi-heavy annual rainfall (for water catchment). Preferably this would be in an unincorporated county, but this is not entirely necessary if you choose your spot wisely. The main thing is to position your living/work quarters on the property in such a way as to have complete auditory and visual privacy from the prying eyes and ears of your neighbors (thus, in a perfect, pre-collapse world, a search warrant would be needed to reach your place of residence without your permission). It would also be beneficial to have lots of state preserves and/or federal land in the vicinity which will add more of a societal buffer zone to the property.

Some states that have rural zones like this that I personally am aware of are western North Carolina, northern and western Michigan, north eastern Wisconsin, Utah, and north eastern California (yes, you read that right). In one of these areas I've seen a 200 acre parcel for 120K (no electricity, no well). In another area I saw a 40 acre parcel for 30K. My point is, the deals, and the privacy are out there. The privacy is what's key, because if the sh*t really hits the fan then no state will be safe. But if you're secluded, self contained (shelter, heat, running water, gray/black water disposal, solar/hydro electricity), armed to the teeth, and have plenty of fresh food and water then what state you actually reside in will become much less relevant.

In addition, I am by no means mechanically inclined (I am good with hunting and growing plants though), but I have lived off grid (no county/state water, trash, sewer, or electricity) for years at a time, and not only is the work rewarding, it's actually not all that difficult.

I have family in Jacksonville. They like it. Call it Southern Georgia.

I have been down there a few times and thought it was ok. Would not like the summers though. By summer I mean roughly April thru Nov. Also seemed to me ghetto areas and high crime were only a few blocks away from the nicer areas.

But they like their community, relatively conservative, enjoy their shooting range and made good friends there, somewhat out of the path of hurricanes. Real estate is affordable too.

Re-boot, from @Knight.of.Logos:

Once I finish graduate school, I plan on relocating. Fortunately, I picked a career with pretty high job prospects so I will be able to move to basically any state. I currently live in New Jersey with my family, and it is sad how much this state has fallen. There are so many Indians and Asians here, many of which who barely speak English and are not Americans as far as I am concerned. The women here are often unattractive and even the "attractive" ones are generally shallow and unattractive inwardly. It's also pretty rare to meet guys that I resonate with, although I was finally starting to since I've been going to church. Now that it is closed, I am basically isolated, although I do use this opportunity to get closer to God and develop spiritually.

I like the mountains a lot, so I was considering Montana. I've been to Colorado and found it beautiful, but I am not sure if I will run into many of the same problems as NJ in Colorado. I've also considered Oregon/Washington, as well as New Hampshire. I am curious if anybody here has some perspective on the matter. I'm really looking forward to getting out of this state, as it seems to only be getting worse over time. I'm a friendly and adaptable guy, but I wouldn't want to move to a place where people are hostile to outsiders. I want a place that has a good community feel, so that I can have people to network with and develop gifts of the spirit to share within my community. One of my goals is to buy land after a couple years of working, and build up on it/farm on it. I'd love to meet the right woman and settle down, but I also am open to basically living a more monk-like life if that is what God wills for me. I think I will have much better luck finding the right woman in a state that isn't quite so degenerate.

Any opinions or thoughts are welcome.
I lived in Colorado for many years and was back there this summer to visit. While Colorado USED to be a wonderful conservative state, those days are long gone. The Denver metro area is a liberal haven and downtown is full of drug addicts and homeless people now. Stay away from Denver, Boulder, and the wealthy mountain towns. While Colorado Springs is conservative, it is a pro-zionist "judeo-Christian" type of place, and you might not like that. If you want off-grid, head to southern CO or to the west slope.

I have an opinion on some of the South and Southeastern states, as well as the Great Lakes states. The only place I haven't lived for long periods of time is out west.

Do we have a thread on the problems of transience in the modern world, and in particular the issues of not having a stable surrounding community if you also wish to be orthodox? One of the problems with the setup of modern life is that if the culture is not suited or directed towards early family formation, this kind of thing (and thinking of going to overseas locations) is an inevitability, in my view.

For example, would I love to live in Wyoming? Yes, but where am I going to find a young wife in America at this point to make that decision worthwhile? Apart from making money, living in the US at ages in your mid 30s to older is just making the best of a bad situation (in terms of family and legacy, etc).

Any commentary on Florida, in particular NE Florida? Think Jacksonville, St. Augustine, Daytona. Seems like a good place to set up shop if you’re trying to rebuild life after a complete personal life collapse.
Florida man reporting in. The state is overall a mixed bag.

Let’s start from the beginning, most of Florida was designed around a land-flipping scam back in the day to trick northerners to buy, “beach-front” property in the state, which was in reality just swamp land. A lot of Florida suffers from this is the form of suburban sprawl. This is why cities like Cape Coral exist the way that they do, where the majority of the land is split into small residential lots. This city is on the extreme end, but it highlights one of the major issues with the state and that is poor city planning.

Most commercial and residential areas are far from one another, now maybe to some off-grid survivalist or a farmer this might be a good thing, but this is terrible for your average joe. It's no secret that the automobile is king in Florida and life is very difficult for the most people in the majority of the state without one. Let’s take me for example, I live in an average sized city. To walk to nearest grocery store from where I live would take me 1.5 hours round trip on foot. Now let's talk about work, it's just shy of a 6-hour round trip walk for me.

I know what you're thinking, why don't you just move closer to work? Well often times, prices of rent/homes are relative to their proximity to commercial real estate. And unlike up in the northern US, where you have great public transit. Florida's public transit is relatively terrible in most of the state and in some cases, completely non-existent. This is how you get the poor person in a perpetual cycle of poverty; too poor to afford a car, but needs a car to keep a job. Very common in Florida.

Getting that out of the way, I quite enjoy Florida. Decent enough diversity of climate and culture and separated enough to feel distinct from each other, (e.g. Miami definitely does not feel like Orlando and vice versa). NE Florida is interesting to say the least, but still largely suffers from the same issues as the rest of Florida. I cannot say much about Daytona, but I've been to both Jacksonville and St. Augustine.

St. Augustine has to be arguably one of the most beautiful cities in the entire state, I was there not too long ago and it was wonderful! However, I don't remember anyone ever talking about St. Augustine for its job prospects, so that may be an issue for some people; also, I couldn't imagine the place being cheap by any regard. Jacksonville seems to be on the completely other end of the spectrum it seems; where there is plenty of job opportunity, affordable living, but almost nothing to do, while also being fairly ugly.

I guess you could work in Jacksonville and live in St. Augustine, but then you're back to being forced to commute everywhere.

If you have any other questions about Florida, feel free to ask.

Getting that out of the way, I quite enjoy Florida. Decent enough diversity of climate and culture and separated enough to feel distinct from each other, (e.g. Miami definitely does not feel like Orlando and vice versa). NE Florida is interesting to say the least, but still largely suffers from the same issues as the rest of Florida. I cannot say much about Daytona, but I've been to both Jacksonville and St. Augustine.

FL definitely has some very different cultures depending on what part you're in. We were stationed on the FL panhandle back in the 80s and it's an area that I used to feel like was an undiscovered gem. Beautiful beaches, more of a Southern culture vibe, great fishing, less crowded, etc. It also tends more conservative given the number of bases in the area (Eglin, Tyndall, Hurlburt, etc.). If you're an outdoorsy person I think it would be a great place to settle down / retire. Downside is the hurricanes and it's not as affordable as it once was but if you go up north towards Baker/Crestview you can still find more affordable real estate (and less tourists). Further south down the gulf coast, Homosassa Springs / Ozello / Crystal River are also some incredibly beautiful areas ...

I have found several good places in the United States for living a simple, off grid, Matrix free life. I myself am not looking so much at states and their economy or political leanings, but rather rural areas within states regardless of external forces. The main thing is to buy outright, with cash, a large tract of land (40 to 200 acres) that is 2 to 3 hours from a major city and has moderate to semi-heavy annual rainfall (for water catchment). Preferably this would be in an unincorporated county, but this is not entirely necessary if you choose your spot wisely. The main thing is to position your living/work quarters on the property in such a way as to have complete auditory and visual privacy from the prying eyes and ears of your neighbors (thus, in a perfect, pre-collapse world, a search warrant would be needed to reach your place of residence without your permission). It would also be beneficial to have lots of state preserves and/or federal land in the vicinity which will add more of a societal buffer zone to the property.

Some states that have rural zones like this that I personally am aware of are western North Carolina, northern and western Michigan, north eastern Wisconsin, Utah, and north eastern California (yes, you read that right). In one of these areas I've seen a 200 acre parcel for 120K (no electricity, no well). In another area I saw a 40 acre parcel for 30K. My point is, the deals, and the privacy are out there. The privacy is what's key, because if the sh*t really hits the fan then no state will be safe. But if you're secluded, self contained (shelter, heat, running water, gray/black water disposal, solar/hydro electricity), armed to the teeth, and have plenty of fresh food and water then what state you actually reside in will become much less relevant.

In addition, I am by no means mechanically inclined (I am good with hunting and growing plants though), but I have lived off grid (no county/state water, trash, sewer, or electricity) for years at a time, and not only is the work rewarding, it's actually not all that difficult.
I had also been off grid for a while, and then now travel in RV all over the West 100% off grid too.
Some things I can add: rural Northen MI and WI are going to have serious mosquitoes, one better be used to them.
One can find very similar environment and land prices in Maine, especially Northern ME, but the winters are milder and sunnuier, mosquitoes are about the same.
Property taxes are very high in all these 3 states (a deal breaker for me, I consider it renting from the Gov, which can raise these taxes further too), but Maine has a few townships with almost no tax and no building codes enforcement - but its hard to buy land there, its mostly held by old timer families who do not want to sell.

Good, usable large parcels listed for relatively "reasonsble" (aka a bit less insane) prices sell instantly with multiple offers now, everywhere.

Parcels listed for under 1k an acre likely will have over 1000ft down to nearest ground water with no guarantees or other issues, such as former landfills or unbuildable due to regulations, etc.
Maine and Michigan are at least places where one can catch some rain unlike more arid areas but personally I would avoid places where I would have to catch or haul water and consider water thats easy to access #1 self sufficiency requirement, aka stream or no big ground water depth. Animals, gardens need lots of water too.

Northeastern California has some serious building codes and does enforce them, very hard or impossible to get self sufficient non standard stuff approved. Very major fire risks too, one might not even get out alive in time with fast moving fire and breathing heavy smoke all summer pretty much, from own fires and fires West. It is very, very expensive to build there. Many tried to buypass codes and got evicted, they condemn places easy there.

One can be pretty self sufficient in most parts of Appalachia includinfg WV, Ozarks including Missouri, and many rural parts of the South. Smallest taxes and least enforcement. Minding own business is the mindset which is not the case elsewhere. And of couse there is Alaska. Land prices similar to Maine and Michigan, no taxes mostly, often no codes, abundant water and mosquitoes

Last edited:
I live in Oregon, far away from Portland. I love where I live, but it's expensive and the state politics are something to consider. Having said that, it's peaceful, the outdoors are amazing and it's relatively stress free. Very different atmosphere from Portland, Salem and Eugene.

For long-term options, the Medford/Grants Pass area is much cheaper, still has the amazing outdoors and smaller city atmosphere. A lot of people in Oregon say it's a dump, but when I visited I thought most of the area outside of downtown Medford was nice. And people from Portland, Eugene and Salem are in no place to trash other cities. I love Southern Oregon. It feels like you're detached from the rest of the US. The Oregon Coast is also great, but there isn't much opportunity.

Some other places that stand out that I've visited are Colorado Springs, Grand Junction, Boise and Spokane/Coeur d'Alene. Colorado Springs and Grand Junction are similar to Oregon where you'd have to deal with Colorado's politics. But the cities themselves are affordable, right-wing and great places in general. I love the outdoors in Colorado. Coeur d'Alene and Boise are more expensive, but fantastic places to live. Clean, safe, amazing outdoors, Idaho's politics. If you can afford them, they should be checked out. Spokane is much different from the rest of Washington, but still in a very left-wing state, although there is no state income tax which is great. It's more grimy (kind of like a bigger Medford), but affordable and still has nice areas. It's also close to Northern Idaho (Coeur d'Alene).

Last edited:
The smaller to mid sized cities in Florida are also great if you can handle the hot weather for several months each year. I really like the Gulf Coast, so Sarasota/Bradenton down to Naples, and the Panhandle were my favorite. The Panhandle is nice because it's a mix of Florida and Southern culture, and very right-wing. Tampa/St. Pete is better than most bigger cities, but still too many people.

I would not recommend living around Miami/Fort Lauderdale, but it starts getting great north of West Palm Beach. Stuart is a nice smaller town far away from the chaos in the bigger cities.

If I was rich, I'd have a house in the Western US and a house in Florida. No income tax in Florida too.

Any thoughts on Oklahoma?

(As far as laws on home schooling, gun laws and quality of lives for families and cost of livingetc go).

the statistics say crime rates are relatively high ... not so much in Oklahoma City but more so in Lawton.

Anyone who lives there or has had any recent personal experience?

From Coja Petrus Uscan:

Wyoming is the most conservative state hands down.

Most solid Republican state, 68% Trump, several counties in excess of 80% Trump: https://www.nytimes.com/elections/2016/results/president
I think they have the most homeschooled kids, but can't see good data on that
Highest guns per capita, close to 500% the guns per capita of the 2nd most armed state: https://mycountry955.com/how-heavily-armed-is-wyoming/
Lowest abortion rate in the country, about 1% and only one abortuary: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/abortion-rates-by-state
Good economic growth and freedom: https://www.alec.org/press-release/...ness-index-reveals-national-pro-growth-trend/
Affordable housing: https://worldpopulationreview.com/state-rankings/cheapest-states-to-live-in
On the "affordable housing" part. Looking at current home prices in WY...not sure it can still be called affordable...
(The rest of your post seems correct)

Another Florida man checking in.

To start with, for those who are Orthodox, especially Greek Orthodox, you'll find Florida to be very blessed in that regard.

For example, the St Nicholas Cathedral in Tarpon Springs (Jonathan Pageau will be giving a tour of the cathedral for the upcoming Symbolic World event in February), St Photios Shrine in St Augustine (Jay Dyer has made a pilgrimage here himself and he's just recently relocated to Florida but I don't know where), a men's Orthodox monestary in Williston and a women's in Reddick (They are both truly wonderful. By Florida standards, countryside farmland can be found at bargain prices in this area.), and many churches dispersed throughout the state to interconnect the community - a couple I'm familiar with are Archangel Michael in Lecanto (Near Homosassa Springs/Crystal River) and Christ the Savior in Spring Hill, but just look at how many there are in Florida.

I drive all over the state for work. Some cities/areas I personally like best are Homosassa Springs/Crystal River, Williston/Reddick, Brooksville, and Mt Dora. The first two are great if you want to go rural in a red/conservative/Christian region for less by Florida standards. If you want to live on the water with manatees then you'll love Homosassa Springs/Crystal River. If you want horses and a homestead then Williston/Reddick is a good option. If you want a condo in a really neat city on a lake I'd go for Mt Dora. Brooksville is another unique place with some interesting history with some gorgeous traditonal/southern colonial homes.

None of the areas I recommend are big cities. These are small towns with little traffic, clean air and water, more old school/real American culture, less homelessness, no gay stuff, etc.

It goes without saying that the weather in Florida is amazing. We have some of the best beaches in the world like Siesta Key. The vibe in Florida sometimes feels like it's a country in Central/Latin America (the Latin groceries are awesome for cheap and healthier food!), especially when I'm in some of these enclaves in the big cities, which are cool to visit, but I wouldn't want to settle down and raise a family in one. Too risky. Too expensive.

There's no shortage of Roman Catholic Latinas, that's for sure. So if you're Orthodox and want to convert someone then Florida is good for that. It would also give a leg up for relocating to a rural village in Latin America if you have a wife that's fluent in Spanish, like one of the Orthodox ones in Guatemala. Make your money here together then flee for the geoarbitrage further south. It's only a short, cheap flight away so the back and forth discovery won't break the bank.

At least for now we have a decent governor. The populace wasn't hiveminded about the vaccine and Florida was one of the few places to hold down the fort and rebel against covid tyranny.

If you're someone who is struggling financially to get it together, get your realtors license in Florida. That's something you can jump right in to.

I could go on and on. If you're curious about Florida don't hesitate to reach out.
How tolerant is the Miami metro area to mixed couples with children of mixed heritage.
How much abuse a White European male married to a dark-Skinned Dominican or Haitian lady would face? What about their mixed heritage children? In an average middle class area like North Miami beach?

Any thoughts on Oklahoma?

(As far as laws on home schooling, gun laws and quality of lives for families and cost of livingetc go).

the statistics say crime rates are relatively high ... not so much in Oklahoma City but more so in Lawton.

Anyone who lives there or has had any recent personal experience?

This lady made a list with a lot of the criteria guys on this forum are interested in. Oklahoma is about as good as it gets in America for things like homeschooling, gun freedom, and cost of living. Personally I would only consider living in the eastern part of the state, which has a bit of the Ozarks plus the Oklahoma Cross Timbers. The western part, aside from the Wichita Mountains, is mind-numbingly boring and has very few options economically speaking.

Unfortunately the rest of the 2023 list is now behind a paywall. However I found her original post from 2020 as well. The top 5 were Oklahoma, Missouri, Arkansas, South Dakota, and Georgia. I feel like some of these states, such as Georgia or Arizona, may go downhill fast due to increasing takeover by Democrats.

Colorado has TABOR (Taxpayer Bill of Rights) which so far has done a good job of preventing state income taxes and property taxes from skyrocketing. It could always be overturned by voters, but it's good for now.

Colorado is relatively pro-landlord; whereas New Jersey that you're coming from is so pro-tenant it's absolutely pointless to try to invest in real estate.
I lived in Colorado for many years and was back there this summer to visit. While Colorado USED to be a wonderful conservative state, those days are long gone. The Denver metro area is a liberal haven and downtown is full of drug addicts and homeless people now. Stay away from Denver, Boulder, and the wealthy mountain towns. While Colorado Springs is conservative, it is a pro-zionist "judeo-Christian" type of place, and you might not like that. If you want off-grid, head to southern CO or to the west slope.
Yeah, the cities are indeed very blue. And so are the wealthy mountain towns, except they do present HUGE opportunity to skilled tradesman. HVAC techs for example can charge exorbitant rates if they are willing to do it in the mountains.

The Western Slope is great, and there's Ft Collins and surrounding areas.

The Colorado mountain towns are left-wing, but at least they're still nice. Not bad places to live if you can find a way to afford the insane housing.

Denver is indeed absolute trash. Homeless, angry loser communists, Californians, yuppies everywhere. Just as bad as Seattle and Portland. Do not live anywhere close to Denver. I couldn't believe what a dump downtown was when I visited.

The Colorado mountain towns are left-wing, but at least they're still nice. Not bad places to live if you can find a way to afford the insane housing.
Turns out that homeless people don't like living at 8,000ft in winter, and violent black people don't like skiing.

I agree with the OP in the Bunker thread that NE Washington and Northern Idaho are good spots. A lot of blue states still have some fantastic rural areas, small cities.
Denver is indeed absolute trash. Homeless, angry loser communists, Californians, yuppies everywhere. Just as bad as Seattle and Portland. Do not live anywhere close to Denver. I couldn't believe what a dump downtown was when I visited.
At least you don't have to enter Denver to get to Denver International Airport

maine.jpeg

Turns out that homeless people don't like living at 8,000ft in winter, and violent black people don't like skiing.

I agree with the OP in the Bunker thread that NE Washington and Northern Idaho are good spots. A lot of blue states still have some fantastic rural areas, small cities.

At least you don't have to enter Denver to get to Denver International Airport

maine.jpeg
Yeah I highly recommend mid size cities like Colorado Springs and Spokane. Right-wing and mostly white people. They're not perfect by any means, but much more livable than any of the bigger dumps like Denver and Seattle.

North Idaho is also one of the best places in the United States. Clean, safe, isolated, Christian, white, surrounded by incredible scenery. It's one of the rare places that's taking in a lot of new people, but stays very right-wing.

Back