Dancing

I get it. Two left feet and as you can see from my profile pic I’m mostly a quadruped.

But I get the appeal and it’s fun even if you’re not good.

Moving in a rhythmic pattern to music is inherently pleasurable for a large percentage of the population. It is also generally attractive to the opposite sex, which is a good reason to do it even if you don't enjoy it for it's own sake.

It's really just an extension of the same principle as tapping your fingers or your toes to music. If you enjoy that, you're enjoying the same feeling as full on dance. Dancing is more active and more pleasurable than just tapping your toes. In many cases, tapping your toes just isn't enough, and the music makes you want to move more. Vigorous dancing to high energy music is very fun.

Also, it's even more fun if you have been drinking or using other drugs, although of course I think it's best to limit oneself to moderate use of alcohol and avoid other recreational drugs.

Edit: I felt kind of like this when I was writing this. :ROFLMAO:

1701058782119.webp

If booga booga music comes on I'm like the guy from The Jerk

I do like to two step. Super fun swinging my old lady around. I got really into it in college... Doing all the spins and flips and all that.

We still polka and waltz also.

It's fun, a great way to meet women, and people are impressed at parties when you can do some impressive stuff.

Dancing is a blast. I was never in to clubs or anything like that, but they taught us square dancing in PE class (I'm from the south) and there's a similar dance called Contra Dancing that is incredibly easy and I've done as an adult. Salsa dancing is fun but a takes bit more skill.

It's an excellent way to meet women. And more importantly, to interact with them in a fun and memorable way other than having dinner or coffee or texting or whatever kids do now.

cf0403393d9e2080ca63f8bc42e4b3bb.gif

I've never met anyone who doesn't like any kind of dance though. Not even dancing at home alone to one of your favorite songs? I feel like you haven't really lived until you let it all out.

Last edited:
A lot of people are too stuck in their own heads to try dancing. The anxiety cripples them before they even start. But practicing dancing, going somewhere and learning how to do it has its benefits. It is has always been a good way to meet women. Usually, they bring friends who themselves don't know how to dance. I recommend every guy taking the time to get a style down.

I bust out a few moves in my bedroom where no one can see, but I'm still too self-conscious to enjoy it in public. Salsa dancing was a disaster but when I tried contra dancing I saw how well women respond to a sincere dance partner. Probably something I should take up again.

Last edited:
Back