Country Music / Americana

Renzy

Heirloom
We used to have country music thread on RVF and I thought it would be worth starting one here too.

Danny's Song was originally by Kenny Loggins (back when he had a more country sound) but I think Anne Murray's cover was even better than the original.

Let me introduce to you, from one of the exotic corners of YouTube, devout Christian Filipina hill tribe girls singing country gospel music. There's a ton of this unique genre on YouTube. ❤️

Philippines is very big on karaoke. One of my favorite memories was singing karaoke with my girlfriend there. What a joy that was! There's a widespread popularity for Pinoy country/gospel. Pretty neat.

Filipinos are wonderful singers. I always loved the cheerful karaoke singing around town and the fact that so many people could carry a melody. Very neat part of their culture! I definitely noticed they were particularly fond of American country/folk music.

The only karaoke bar I've ran across in my state is a Filipino one and has a western cowboy theme. 🤠

Their gospel music is a throwback to more traditional Americana style, in contrast to the flashy protestant pop music we hear nowadays on Christian radio stations.

Last edited:
Let me introduce to you, from one of the exotic corners of YouTube, devout Christian Filipina hill tribe girls singing country gospel music. There's a ton of this unique genre on YouTube. ❤️

Philippines is very big on karaoke. One of my favorite memories was singing karaoke with my girlfriend there. What a joy that was! There's a widespread popularity for Pinoy country/gospel. Pretty neat.

Filipinos are wonderful singers. I always loved the cheerful karaoke singing around town and the fact that so many people could carry a melody. Very neat part of their culture! I definitely noticed they were particularly fond of American country/folk music.

The only karaoke bar I've ran across in my state is a Filipino one and has a western cowboy theme. 🤠

Their gospel music is a throwback to more traditional Americana style, in contrast to the flashy protestant pop music we hear nowadays on Christian radio stations.

I love this. I found another that I'm listening to now. Very beautiful.

Back