CatholicMatch Forums Closing

You should invite them here before it closes.

Ehh, they were partly a cesspool in my opinion. Lots of incel type posts and members who were on CM for years or even decades and yet still somehow weren’t married. Guess the problem was everyone else? Entitled religious girls with just the Catholic label, who were just as picky as instagram thots. Or even worse women who believed in contraceptives and abortion.

Part of me says good riddance.

This was a venue where Catholic men and women could communicate to form relationships? How would what we have here translate to that?

I don't understand the rationale for closing it. Does it even make sense technically or is it a cop-out?

While we do not currently have plans to replace the forums, we are actively exploring new avenues to keep our community spirit alive.
Well, if the forum software is outdated, there need to be installed a new one, it's that simple.
If he don't wanna do this, how else would he "keep our community spirit alive"?

You should invite them here before it closes.
No, as long as the worst mod ever rules this forum. It will also die if no changes are made in terms of moderation.
The new admin should consider making those changes.

One of Roosh's last posts mentioned this. He said something like: "Maintaining the software is easy, but good moderation is the key to a successful forum." Yeah bro, you are so right!

Back